Shocker: pro-abortion politics gutted normal inspection of abortion horror clinic

Shocker: pro-abortion politics gutted normal inspection of abortion horror clinic
Thomas Lifson
American Thinker
1/22/11

The Pennsylvania grand jury that indicted Dr. Kermit Gosnell for murder and infanticide for his botched abortions carried out in horrifyingly unsanitary conditions also has revealed a second scandal: Pro-abortion politics prevented normal inspection of his facility for 17 years. Marian Wang of Pro Publica reveals the story, quoting the grand jury report:

[quote]The Pennsylvania Department of Health abruptly decided, for political reasons, to stop inspecting abortion clinics at all. The politics in question were not anti-abortion, but pro. With the change of administration from Governor Casey to Governor Ridge, officials concluded that inspections would be “putting a barrier up to women” seeking abortions.

“Even nail salons in Pennsylvania are monitored more closely for client safety,” the report states. “Without regular inspections, providers like Gosnell continue to operate; unlawful and dangerous third-trimester abortions go undetected; and many women, especially poor women, suffer.”
[/quote]
Abortion is so sacred to some politicians and bureaucrats that they are willing to sacrifice women’s lives and health on its altar! The pols and bureaucrats who commanded and implemented this travesty should be on trial for murder alongside Gosnell!

FWIW, I am not saying or implying or hinting that this greedy monster, Gosnell, is typical of abortionists. IMO, he is neither unique nor common.

Even the Chinese don’t go that far (postpartum murder)to enforce their one child policy. Public hanging for everyone involved, and for anyone who defends anyone involved.

Abortion is one of the most barbaric practices that humans have conceived to express their evil nature. I am not surprised that Pro Abortion politicians and appointees have no problem leaving the “clinics” that perform this affront to humanity off the radar while oppressing legitimate businesses with government harassment.

The mind of a Liberal is a dark and wicked place, the horrors that must dwell in their rotting souls would terrify even the adversary himself.

What does that say about a nation that knowingly allows this Holocaust to continue? Of all the “debates” that are frequent between the Ideologies this is one that should never be backed away from for any reason.

Those in the GOP who want this issue relegated to the level of an issue “that we can disagree on without dividing” are even worse than the bloodthirsty monsters who proudly advocate this unholy destruction of innocent human life.

As long as we allow the supporters of this evil practice to dwell among us we deprive America of a strong and clear opposition Party to rally behind.

It is expected that Liberals will seek to destroy innocent human life, this is no surprise. The far worse crime is neutralizing the opposition to their Mengele agenda by infiltrating the ranks of the opposition and portraying this as “just a different political opinion”.

As long as any innocent human being in the United States does not qualify for Constitutional rights, none of us qualifies for Constitutional rights.

Not true - after a few public such killings, there was such an outcry that they became more “discreet” about it.

That may very well be. There is no real difference between partial birth abortion and murder except a few inches in the relative locations of the victim and the mother, but as I understood it, in Chinese law it was the difference between life and death. It wouldn’t be the first time I made a mistake…

All of which is purely academic and has no bearing on my opinion…hang 'em from lamp posts and let the crows pick their bones clean. No one involved in perpetrating, covering or defending this atrocity deserves the least mercy or human compassion, and none will get it from me. They are not human, they are ghouls who willingly surrendered their humanity.

Well said Qixlqatl :flag:

This case came to light nearly a week ago, and AP is finally giving it coverage of some significance. Whether non-local newspapers - large or small - will carry this article or non-local broadcast news will cover the story is another question. Then there’s the actual article. I’m well aware of my prejudices, but this article is very muddled, with the most solid and important facts placed late in the article, to a degree a 10-year-old would know to avoid. I think the article may be designed to discourage readers from reading far enough to get those most solid and important facts!

Of course, since most of the media are Liberal freaks and worshippers of their religion (Liberalism/Communism/Evil), they wil do what it takes to hide facts and the reality of their religious beliefs.

Well, well … the NYT had an article on this story yesterday. Maybe it will get national coverage.

Squalid Abortion Clinic Escaped State Oversight
By SABRINA TAVERNISE
The New York Times
Published: January 22, 2011

PHILADELPHIA — For years, state health officials missed some unsettling patterns at the three-story brick abortion clinic on Lancaster Avenue.

It was always open late, way past the time the pizza place next door closed at midnight. The women who emerged from it — often poor blacks and Hispanics — appeared dazed and in pain, and sometimes left in ambulances. The doctor who ran the clinic, Kermit Gosnell, had been sued at least 15 times for malpractice. Two women died while under his care.

But the dangerous practices went unnoticed, except by the women who experienced them. They were discovered entirely by accident, during a prescription drug raid by federal agents last February.

“For years, state health officials missed some unsettling patterns at the three-story brick abortion clinic on Lancaster Avenue” … that would be 17 years of not “noticing” Gosnell’s charnel facility! It’s very likely that Gosnell’s Hell-Hole had not been inspected within the lifetimes of some of Gosnell’s 2010 clients. That isn’t neglect, that’s complicity!

… they wil do what it takes to hide facts and the reality of their religious beliefs.

This time I think the stench - literal and metaphoric - was too great to spike national coverage. Or maybe New Media made the metaphoric stench too great, and the national MSM were shamed into covering the story!

Not possible. They have no shame. They are merely trying to remain relevant. They cannot seem to come to grips with the fact that they can no longer control the news.

I didn’t see any of the facts concerning the State officials afraid of reducing abortion availability; either in the AP article or the NYT one.

Substitute “forced into damage control” for “shamed,” maybe.

^^WINNER^^

I know, I’m too nice, :biggrin: . It’s one of my defining character traits, :biggrin: .

Two abortion clinic employees plead guilty to murder
By Dave Warner
10/27/11

(Reuters) - Two employees of a Philadelphia abortion clinic where live, viable babies were allegedly killed and a patient died after being given on overdose of painkillers pleaded guilty on Thursday to murder.

Guilty pleas to third-degree murder were entered by Adrienne Moton, 34, and Sherry West, 52, who both worked for Dr. Kermit Gosnell at what prosecutors have described as a decrepit and unsanitary clinic known as Women’s Medical Society in West Philadelphia.

I hope this is a large step toward Gosnell, a boil on the medical profession, spending the rest of his life modelling orange jumpsuits in the GreyBar Hotel!

I don’t think the majority of those who are pro-choice support this person or what was going on to these women.

This is where “safe, legal and rare” gets you. Abortionists are paid assassins, of course they have no respect for human life. The entire industry is the extermination of human lives. What’s the difference if some of those lives are full term, delivered, viable babies, or adults?

I don’t think the majority of those who are pro-choice support this person or what was going on to these women.

Liberal, I do not doubt you believe what you posted. Believe it or not, I’d love to believe it too. The problem I have is the way liberal and “progressive” folk fight tooth-and-nail attempts to include abortuaries under the health and safety regulations to which other outpatient surgery centers are subject. I don’t know how much you know of this case, but Gosnell and his crew were not exposed by health inspectors. He and his crew were not exposed by reports of violations of health/safety regs. PA didn’t (and may not yet) have such regs, and his clinic had not been inspected for years (PC-modified diligence!). He was exposed by a confluence of being reported for illegal sales of prescription drugs and the death of a patient. Fighting against common-sense health and safety regulations and political pressure not to inspect abortuaries had the entirely predictable effect of Kermit Gosnell’s charnel house abortuary. And Pennsylvania is not the only state that is making grisly “discoveries” in abortuaries.

I’m not saying that every abortuary is unsanitary. Just that liberal and “Progressive” politicians’ and bureaucrats’ actions, and liberals’ and “Progressives’” fighting against subjecting abortuaries to common-sense health and safety regulations create utterly predictable, sometimes deadly, health hazards for women. So liberals’ and “Progressives’” actions and the consequences thereof are not consistent with your words, Liberal. At best, you have an Egyptian River problem, Liberal.

I’m not sure what came of it, but there was a bill in the PA legislature to require abortion facilities to meet the same standards as any other surgical facility. The abortionists, predictably, were screaming bloody murder.

Good double entendre, FC!