Shooting on Texas college campus.

Reports of shooting at Lone Star Colleg | abc13.com Shooter is currently at large.

One shooter in custody. A second may still be at large.

So two students got into a verbal argument and in stereotypical wild west fashion, pulled out their pistols to settle it. They apparantly need more firearm training as they ended up hitting bystanders. Here’s the problem. Say everyone is packing side arms legally. Well people argue as that’s human nature. Someone cuts someone off on the E-way, Two people race for the last parking spot at the mall, A couple of guys end up in a drunken screaming match over the bears game at the corner tavern. Someone swipes the last seat on the L on the way home from work or grabs the last frozen pizza at the store. People display rude unkind behavior all the time. Add guns to that mix of crappy behavior and guess whats gonna happen eventually? I don’t wanna be at my favorite watering hole drinking beer knowing every patron in the place is packing heat. That’s a recipe for disaster.

What’s going to happen? Nothing special. This happens every day and there aren’t mass shootings happening everywhere because of it.

I have yet to pull my personal weapon on anyone.

As pointed out here by someone, there are about 300 million guns registered in this country. If your worst case scenarios were likely, the streets would be running red. The majority of gun owners are responsible people who would never be caught in one of your worst cases. There are more automobile accidents caused by licensed, irresponsible drivers than there are accidental (or purposeful) shootings by legal gun owners.

What if? What if? What if? Lets just ban everything that could dangerous so some people will feel safe.[/sarcasm]

[quote=“JStang, post:4, topic:37905”]
What’s going to happen? Nothing special. This happens every day and there aren’t mass shootings happening everywhere because of it.

I have yet to pull my personal weapon on anyone.
[/quote] Great you don’t pull a gun when you get PO’d. How about the next guy? You know what they’re gonna do? Just recently in Florida a dude who didnt like how his pizza came out at Little Ceasars shot the place up including an employee. Years back I was driving down the E way and watched a normal looking business man pull a pistol and wave it at the lady who cut him off. More guns on the streets equals more problems.

[quote=“OldStyleBlues, post:7, topic:37905”]
Great you don’t pull a gun when you get PO’d. How about the next guy? You know what they’re gonna do? Just recently in Florida a dude who didnt like how his pizza came out at Little Ceasars shot the place up including an employee. Years back I was driving down the E way and watched a normal looking business man pull a pistol and wave it at the lady who cut him off. More guns on the streets equals more problems.
[/quote]Just recently millions of law abiding gun owners did not pop off and kill someone.
I can guarantee that someplace in the nation, as I type this, someone died of something other than a gunshot.

[quote=“OldStyleBlues, post:7, topic:37905”]
Great you don’t pull a gun when you get PO’d. How about the next guy? You know what they’re gonna do? Just recently in Florida a dude who didnt like how his pizza came out at Little Ceasars shot the place up including an employee. Years back I was driving down the E way and watched a normal looking business man pull a pistol and wave it at the lady who cut him off. More guns on the streets equals more problems.
[/quote]Horse manure. I worked in Hollywood clubs. I was shot, stabbed and beaten half to death. Still, I was not shot by someone who abided the law, but by someone who violated it. I was stabbed, cut and threatened by knives most every month. I had beer bottles broken on my head, and fought people with all manner of clubbing devices.
Back when I lived in SoCal, a guy waved a gun at an elderly lady who was driving too slow in the high dollar lane, and she grabbed her own gun and chased him away.
If you are correct, I WANT MY GUNS left alone. If there are loons out there like you describe, the last thing I want is to be disarmed. I want to be able to give an equal or more aggressive response.
I had more run ins with knives, clubs and bottles, than I ever had with guns. By your logic, they need to be outlawed, too.

[quote=“Tiny1, post:9, topic:37905”]
Horse manure. I worked in Hollywood clubs. ** I was shot, stabbed and beaten half to death. Still, I was not shot by someone who abided the law, but by someone who violated it**. I was stabbed, cut and threatened by knives most every month. I had beer bottles broken on my head, and fought people with all manner of clubbing devices.
**Back when I lived in SoCal, a guy waved a gun at an elderly lady who was driving too slow in the high dollar lane, and she grabbed her own gun and chased him away. If you are correct, I WANT MY GUNS left alone. If there are loons out there like you describe, the last thing I want is to be disarmed. I want to be able to give an equal or more aggressive response.
I had more run ins with knives, clubs and bottles, than I ever had with guns. By your logic, they need to be outlawed, too.
[/quote] As opposed to people who abide the law
by shooting and stabbing
? You get mad at me and pull your gun, I react and pull my gun on you. Maybe we just stand there talking smack while we’re pointing guns at each other and we walk away without either of us pulling the trigger. Or maybe one of us does pull the trigger. So one of us gets killed over a parking spot or a pizza or a dog going on someone lawn. These heated interactions that humans have with one another every day over stupid stuff would be taken to whole different level if people were allowed and encouraged to carry guns anywhere they wanted.

Yet they dont.

It would be far more productive to ban liberalism than ban guns, if your sole concern is truly saving lives.

[quote=“OldStyleBlues, post:10, topic:37905”]
As opposed to people who abide the law* by shooting and stabbing*? You get mad at me and pull your gun, I react and pull my gun on you. Maybe we just stand there talking smack while we’re pointing guns at each other and we walk away without either of us pulling the trigger. Or maybe one of us does pull the trigger. So one of us gets killed over a parking spot or a pizza or a dog going on someone lawn. These heated interactions that humans have with one another every day over stupid stuff would be taken to whole different level if people were allowed and encouraged to carry guns anywhere they wanted.
[/quote]When was the last time you witnessed this happening? Whether or not you are aware, there are guns around you, often. Criminals carry almost everywhere. Believe me, if you have a CC permit, you aren’t the first to pull a weapon. But, to disarm me, is to put my family at risk, from those who carry, illegally, and there are nearly as many of those, as there are lawful citizens. Ban or restrict guns, and ONLY those carrying illegally, will have one. Then, and only then, will you see the Wild West scenarios you are trying to perpetuate.
Nope, if we pulled our guns, and you hesitated, you’d be shot. I do not pull it, just to show it off. When you see it, it is already too late.

Disarm the people that regularly exercise self-control and all you end up with are the law-breakers becomming bigger bullies.

Exactly.

[quote=“Tiny1, post:12, topic:37905”]
When was the last time you witnessed this happening? Whether or not you are aware, there are guns around you, often. Criminals carry almost everywhere. Believe me, if you have a CC permit, you aren’t the first to pull a weapon. But, to disarm me, is to put my family at risk, from those who carry, illegally, and there are nearly as many of those, as there are lawful citizens. Ban or restrict guns, and ONLY those carrying illegally, will have one. Then, and only then, will you see the Wild West scenarios you are trying to perpetuate.
Nope, if we pulled our guns, and you hesitated, you’d be shot. I do not pull it, just to show it off. When you see it, it is already too late.
[/quote] Have all the guns you want in your house. I own a weapon myself. But I don’t want to be at a boxing match or a bar surrounded by drunk frat boys who are probably carrying because the law says they can carry guns anywhere they want. You people have this fantasy that if every one had a gun it’d be like Mayberry. Well all that is is just that, fantasy.

Most states, even down here in LA, don’t allow concealed carry in establishments that focus on alcohal.

Not that it matters. Gun Free zones don’t work anyways.

Down here, it is like Mayberry. The murders are almost always drug related.
How about you ban drugs.
Oh wait…
That didn’t work either.

How about this then: I’ll carry, just as I have for several years. You don’t. Now we’re both happy.

Down here, it is like Mayberry. The murders are almost always drug related.
Where are you exactly? Whats the population number?

[quote=“OldStyleBlues, post:15, topic:37905”]
Have all the guns you want in your house. I own a weapon myself. But I don’t want to be at a boxing match or a bar surrounded by drunk frat boys who are probably carrying.
[/quote]They are out there, right now. As are murderers, rapists, robbers, burglars car thieves, gang bangers, etc. etc., etc.
Believe me when I say, if it is legal to carry there, responsible gun owners are there, with their guns. If it isn’t legal to carry there, criminals are carrying there, as they will be once you disarm the responsible citizens.
Why can you not understand, that the LEGIT law abiding gun carriers, are your friend, and the irresponsible, are the ones carrying illegally? What makes you think that making carrying illegal will stop the ones who start the trouble? What you describe, are the illegal gun carriers, not the responsible citizens.

DO you realize how difficult it is to obtain a CC permit?(at least in some states)

[quote=“Seravee, post:19, topic:37905”]
DO you realize how difficult it is to obtain a CC permit?(at least in some states)
[/quote] Yep and I don’t advocate making it easier to obtain them. Keep the guns in your house.