Should the US send troops to Syria

Should President Obama implemented a no-fly zone over Syria. But is this enough; or is it too much? Should we send troops to aid the rebels, or should we not even aid the rebels?
Lawmakers press Obama to implement no-fly zone over Syria | Fox News

The rebels are not to be trusted, do not get involved.

No he hasn’t…
Also troops are a stupid idea. Which terrorists would we be fighting anyway? The ones in the Syrian gov’t or the ones supporting the Syrian rebels?

I see no benefit from any involvement there, at all.

Syria was an ally nation previously. This is just going to end up as another Shariah Muslim nation.

It’s not whether or not it is enough, it is way too much. Not only should we NOT send troops to Syria, we shouldn’t be involved at all.

All of the above.

Hell no.

I agree with everyone! The rebels cannot be trusted. Haha! Did you guys think I supported America getting involved? I apologize Robert for my inaccurate info. You are correct he has not yet implemented a no-fly-zone yet, nor should he.

The opportunity to support any kind of rebel group that could have created a Western friendly government was gone a year ago. “Leading from behind” let them get slaughtered.

There is no good side anymore. The lesser of the two evils is the Assad regime. We need to stay out and let them kill each other. We are just providing arms that will be used against us later.

edit: These are the people we are giving aid and arms to now:

Report: Syrian rebels executed a 14-year-old boy for insulting Islam

There is no possible scenario where the U.S. could be involved in this Civil War and not end up strengthening a force that hates us and wants us dead, there are no “good guys” and no discernible benefit for the U.S. or humanity if either side wins.

We should do nothing or at the most covertly do whatever we can to keep these 2 sides fighting and killing each other for as long as possible, as long as they are killing each other they won’t be murdering Americans.

And yet, I have talked to my Reps and Senators and they are going to give arms “to the right people”. Awesome…

Very well said. I like the idea of allowing them to fight for as long as possible.

You like the idea of innocent civilians being killed?

Why would “innocent civilians” be fighting?
Who is “innocent”, the Rebels or the Government forces? Is everyone not American “innocent”?

The majority of those killed in civil wars, especially in urban areas, are non-combatants, ie: women, children, the elderly, etc.

In the case of Syria, those who will most suffer with a prolonged fight are Christian and secular minorities as well as innocent women and children caught in the crossfire. It’s been estimated that over 5000 children have been killed so far in the conflict.

How any Christian could wish that fighting, killing, and suffering could go on “for as long as possible” is really incomprehensible.

No under any circumstances, though I am rooting for Assad.

B.S.
I bet you could not find 3 percent of the population in those countries that has not picked a side and they indoctrinate their children from birth to hate all but their own sects and that being suicide bombers is a glorious way to serve their faith.

You know as little about Christianity as you do world affairs.

How could any Christian wish that two terrorist’s organizations at war with each other would quickly reach a peace deal so they could join forces to kill innocent Christians and Jews?

See I can do that also, I just prefer intelligent debate.

The Syrian government/Assad loyalists are not extremist terrorists. Assad and his father for decades have protected Christians in Syria and have fought extremist Islamists. Syria for the past half decade has been a secular country in which Sunnis, Shias, Chritians and other religious minorities such as the Druze have lived peacefully.

Yes, almost everyone has picked sides, the majority choosing secularism and loyalty to their country instead of the Saudi-backed Islamist terrorists.

You talk about Syria as if under the Assads it’s been some sort of extremist Muslim theocracy. Have you ever even been there? I take it you haven’t.

[quote=“Jebby, post:13, topic:39859”]
You like the idea of innocent civilians being killed?
[/quote]Jebby, there are no innocent civilians there.

Hamas Mickey Mouse speaks of Islamic supremacy - YouTube
Granted, those are “Palestinians” but I can guarantee they have the prevailing sentiment.

Here’s another gem:
Syrian rebel eats heart, threatens regime - YouTube

The Syrian military are just as brutal.

Let me say this, I’ve worked with Syrians during OEF/OIF. Throughout history, Syrians have been brutal people. Most of them make some of our most violent characters in movies seem tame, and these are the peope walking the street there. They are a different breed of people. I feel not a single drop of remorse, sympathy, nor empathy for them. Anyone intelligent who was a peace loving, innocent person has long since left the area. Those that remain are there to fight. Let them.

[quote=“Jebby, post:18, topic:39859”]
The Syrian government/Assad loyalists are not extremist terrorists. Assad and his father for decades have protected Christians in Syria and have fought extremist Islamists. Syria for the past half decade has been a secular country in which Sunnis, Shias, Chritians and other religious minorities such as the Druze have lived peacefully.

Yes, almost everyone has picked sides, the majority choosing secularism and loyalty to their country instead of the Saudi-backed Islamist terrorists.

You talk about Syria as if under the Assads it’s been some sort of extremist Muslim theocracy. Have you ever even been there? I take it you haven’t.
[/quote]Assad’s regime has historically been an ally. They were our “allies” in OEF and OIF. How much of an ally? Well, you won’t convince me that they have a great love for us, or ever had.