site a little slow this morning?

[quote=“Pappadave, post:20, topic:45817”]
I haven’t changed any settings whatsoever on my PC or on my registration with RO. I deleted the tapatalk notification since I have no intention of using its links to “download” anything, so I can’t speak to your question about whether or not it tells you about e-mail notifications being disabled.
[/quote] I received the tapatalk notification and it did NOT mention anything about email notifications being disabled. I am still not receiving routine emails from RO (tho I did receive the tapatalk one) so it appears i’m in the same boat as Pappadave. Nothing has changed or been changed on my computer.

Thanks for the helpful info, Dave and patricia. I’ve added it the the Mods’ forum thread. This is one of those times I wish we could respond instantaneously. I think it’s about 11PM right now where JG lives; not sure about Zedd. And they’re the SW technoid life-forms on RO.

Thanks everyone for the info. If the new tapatalk is truly to blame without recourse - it’ll quickly be cut from RO. I suspect, however, that the RO mailserver is simply overloaded. I’ll check things in about 1 hour from now and will hopefully have a solution in place shortly after.

No need for a smartphone, or to download anything. I personally don’t use the tapatalk app.

I got the tapatalk notification, but since I don’t use the email notification function, I can’t say anything about that. The only emails I get are the few broadcast emails direct from RO, plus the specific birthday broadcast.

…speaking of which, I didn’t get MY “birthday notice” last Saturday.

[quote=“Susanna, post:25, topic:45817”]
I got the tapatalk notification, but since I don’t use the email notification function, I can’t say anything about that. The only emails I get are the few broadcast emails direct from RO, plus the specific birthday broadcast.
[/quote] what birthday broadcast?

If your birth date is in your profile, you should get an email from RO on your birthday.

I looked at my profile and didn’t even see a PLACE for a birthdate.

Update: Email alerts will take another 12 hours to catch up. Everything should be back to normal by end-of-day.

Thank you all.

2 Likes

Thank YOU!

If you click on User CP, then click on Edit Profile, it’s right there below your name and other info.

Found it! My DOB IS there, but I didn’t get any message of congrats last Saturday when I turned 73. Not that that’s such a big deal to me. The only “celebration” we had is my wife baked me my favorite cake for dessert Saturday - Pineapple upside down cake! Yummy.

Mmmmm! My grandmother used to make THE BEST pineapple upside-down cake! It’s my favorite along with carrot cake!

BTW, still am not receiving any email notices…

Still am not getting email notifications.

[quote=“PeteS_in_CA, post:16, topic:45817”]
As to lack of email notifications, it’s a feature I’ve not used, but check your setting for Messaging and Notifications, User CP —> Settings —> General Settings. Look to see if the Default Thread Subscription Mode has somehow gotten reset to “Do not subscribe” from whichever “use email” option you had set it.
[/quote] Pete, I am in the same boat at Pappadave, I suddenly stopped receiving RO emails a couple of days ago. I followed your instructions here just now, but my settings are still just what they should be to receive emails. But I am not receiving them. Pappadave and I are not hallucinating.

WIJG said yesterday that the problem should be resolved within 12 hours (his comment was at 11:45 a.m.) and I am still not getting email notifications.

Ditto here in OKC and it’s almost 21 hours later.

[quote=“Pappadave, post:38, topic:45817”]
Ditto here in OKC and it’s almost 21 hours later.
[/quote] ditto here at 11:40 am est.

Mine started working sometime today, not sure when but all is as it should be now.