Smart People Don't Date Democrat's

I was greatly encouraged by this story, apparently Party affiliation (not ideological affiliation but at least close) has risen to one of the biggest deal breakers on the dating network sites.

The Dating Game Gets Partisan, With Politics a Deal Breaker - WSJ.com

After I was first rendered unemployed by Liberal scumbags (age 20) I decided that I would never suffer a Liberal regardless of how appealing she was otherwise.

Almost everyone back then had the attitude of “It’s just politics, having a different opinion on politics should not be a determining factor for a mate”.

I always said “Any woman who supports destroying the lives of innocent adult people by banning their industry’s and destroying innocent babies in the womb would be an even greater curse to any man who had to come home to her dead soul every night”.

It is great to see that singles are finally starting to figure out that those with no character should stick with others who live to destroy the innocent and decent human beings should stick together as well.

If these “Lines in the sand” are being drawn by singles who have historically been the most wishy washy group willing to jump on any bandwagon if it meant sitting next to a “Hottie” then things are looking up!

I have always found that religion and politics is detrimental to a long term relationship. However I did have an aunt who was married to some one of a different political party and they fought like cats and dogs over it. I guess that is the reason I never wanted to be around them.

With 70% of unmarried women voting for Obama in 08 it would seem hard for Republican males to find a partner

When they get older, they usually become more Conservative.

Nothing new here. I dumped a lot of girls that were too naive to be conservatives. I told my wife she’d never have made past the second date if she had been a lib.

If my wife were Liberal, I wouldn’t have continued dating her. If I didn’t believe in God, she would have stopped dating me.

So date/marry a liberal and hope they become conservative when they age?

Don’t risk it.

The day I let politics become something that serious is the day I will die. My life is to short to worry about such petty things. My best friends are democrats. When it comes to politics we fight like an old married couple. But once the political discussion is over that is it. They have their views as to how the nation should be ran and I have mine. I actively try and convert them and they the same. I bear them no grudge. I cannot hate someone for trying to do what they believe is right and just. My grandfather is a Democrat and we get into all the time but I still love him but according to y’all I should just never hang around him because “he wants to destroy the country” and is a “babykiller”. Ya’ll should look in the mirror before making judgement calls on peoples character based on political affiliation.

I always thought it was liberals who had a tendency to be rigid and insecure enough to view political affiliation as the end all, be all of personal relationships. Guess I was wrong.

[quote=“JoCoLa, post:10, topic:36851”]
I always thought it was liberals who had a tendency to be rigid and insecure enough to view political affiliation as the end all, be all of personal relationships. Guess I was wrong.
[/quote]Umm…the article is saying the same thing for both sides of that political fence.

Smart people don’t date those narrow minded enough to discriminate solely on the basis of religious or political identification. It’s that simple minded black and white thinking that defines those on the far left and far right. There are great thinkers on both the left and right, there are intelligent, kind and good people on both the left and the right. There are also complete a-holes, liars, hypocrites and evil people on both the left and the right.

Just because others have different ideas about the governing of human affairs that doesn’t make them evil. It says far more about the one making the accusation than about the one being accused IMO.

[quote=“Cactus_Jack, post:12, topic:36851”]
Smart people don’t date those narrow minded enough to discriminate solely on the basis of religious or political identification. It’s that simple minded black and white thinking that defines those on the far left and far right. There are great thinkers on both the left and right, there are intelligent, kind and good people on both the left and the right. There are also complete a-holes, liars, hypocrites and evil people on both the left and the right.

Just because others have different ideas about the governing of human affairs that doesn’t make them evil. It says far more about the one making the accusation than about the one being accused IMO.
[/quote]That leaves you out mate

I think it is less about Party affiliation and more about issues like freedom v. authority, support for individual liberty and responsibility, it takes a village vs. it takes an effort, belief in government solving things vs. individuals solving them. I’d find it difficult to plan for a life with someone who did not share those basic values. Of course dating doesn’t have to be that serious! :smiley:

No. Marry them when they are at least 30 or have been married before and have children. Becomong a parent has a way of making one more Conservative.

I agree.

That seems logical but the 2008 stats show otherwise

Married women with kids voted for Obama 7% more than married women without kids

Unmarried women with kids voted for Obama 5% more than unmarried women without kids

In a week we will see if that is still the case

This. Many of my best friends are Republicans. We argue and talk about politics when we get drunk, but most of the time we don’t care. Politics is not the ruling force in our lives.

Exactly, that is why I found it so encouraging.

The sooner serious lines are drawn in the sand, the sooner we can make significant changes. The Liberals have made enormous headway over the years by being obscure and convincing people not to look too closely at the philosophy behind their ideas, people refusing to date each other based of political philosophy means they are beginning to understand just how important these things are.

Perhaps my sample was skewed. I live in IN.

[quote=“Conservative_Libertarian, post:19, topic:36851”]
Perhaps my sample was skewed. I live in IN.
[/quote]Ah statistics ain’t they great? Someone proclaims so many voted this way or one group voted that way but since the ballot is private how do they know?