Snub for Obamas

President Obama and his wife Michelle will not be invited to Prince William’s wedding next year.
Because Prince William is not yet heir to the throne, his wedding to Kate Middleton is not classed as a ‘state occasion’ – and the couple feel under no pressure to fill the 2,000-strong guest list with heads of state, the Mail understands.
They are more eager to ask ordinary citizens and charity workers than foreign dignitaries and VIPs to what will be the first royal ‘people’s wedding’, courtiers suggested.
A handful of heads of state are likely to be invited in line with previous royal weddings, possibly including France’s President Nicolas Sarkozy and his wife Carla Bruni.

Read more: President Obama snubbed as sources reveal not invited to Prince William’s wedding | Mail Online

I am sure the royals feel Obama would try to make the event all about himself. I see Pelosi snubbed Obama on the spending bill

Tax Bill Signing Ceremony: McConnell To Show, Pelosi and Boehner To Skip - Washington Wire - WSJ

Maybe he should have kept the Churchill bust and not given the Queen an I-pod

[quote=“tperkins2009, post:2, topic:28617”]
Maybe he should have kept the Churchill bust and not given the Queen an I-pod
[/quote]Perhaps the Royals can sent him a DVD of the event, this would only be fair considering how Obama gave CD’s of himself giving speechs to the Queen

Sarkozy and Carla Bruni get invited but Obama and Michelle don’t get an invite. That is a snub. Hey, maybe a Saudi prince will invite them to a royal wedding.

[quote=“buzz444, post:4, topic:28617”]
Sarkozy and Carla Bruni get invited but Obama and Michelle don’t get an invite. That is a snub. Hey, maybe a Saudi prince will invite them to a royal wedding.
[/quote]Maybe Obama can get himself another wife. Muslims can do that.

I think Michelle wears the pants in that family. Another wife probably would not help him much.

The Obamas may have to cancel that April, 2011 London vacation, poor babies.

[quote=“PeteS_in_CA, post:7, topic:28617”]
The Obamas may have to cancel that April, 2011 London vacation, poor babies.
[/quote]Don’t worry I am sure Obama vacation itinerary is full up.

I can see the presidential calendar now

vacation- golf game and perhaps a little actual presidential duties besides popper scooping

I hope our next republican president asks for the loan of the Churchill Bust again.

True, but Americans can’t - legally. Most places, anyway.

Me too.

Plus a portrait of former Prime Minister Thatcher!

President Bush and his family should be invited to this wedding

I hope that Prince William and Miss Middleton will be very happy. I don’t much follow the royalty thing, but will say, considering BamaBlat’s previous history of snubbing Great Britain, they very well deserve to be snubbed in return for the way he’s treated them.
Which isn’t to say that it doesn’t sadden and embarass me.