So much for that pesky jury of your peers thing

Just when I think California has reached the limit of moronic ideas, they come out with another winner.

Apr 25, 8:09 PM EDT

Calif. bill would let non-citizens serve on juries
By JUDY LIN
Associated Press

SACRAMENTO,  California     (AP) -- The California Assembly passed a bill on Thursday  that would make the state the first in the nation to allow non-citizens  who are in the country legally to serve on jury duty.

Assemblyman Bob Wieckowski, D-Fremont, said his bill, AB1401, would help California widen the pool of prospective jurors and help integrate immigrants into the community.

It does not change other criteria for being eligible to serve on a jury, such as being at least 18, living in the county that is making the summons, and being proficient in English.

The bill passed 45-25 largely on a party-line vote in the Democratic-controlled Assembly and will move on to the Senate. One Democrat - Assemblyman Adam Gray, of Merced - voted no, while some other Democrats did not vote.

News from The Associated Press

But you see, Perkins, in CA it probably WOULD be a jury of one’s peers.

Sorry, you’re right

[quote=“tperkins, post:3, topic:39281”]
Sorry, you’re right
[/quote] So am I - athough I think the real purpose/motive is yet another lame, shallow, transparent push towards amnesty.How much more transparent can you GET than flat out saying: “help integrate immigrants into the community.” - Just like MSM, they don’t even try to pretend anymore.

If this passes, I hope someone who gets a non-american juror sues the urine out of the state of California in Federal court.