Social conservative vs. fiscal conservative

I want a roll-call on here knowing who identifies as either a fiscal conservative, a social conservative, or both. And I’m sure most people here represent both.

Strong fiscal conservative. Mixed on social issues with leanings on most towards Libertarianism. Though I generally dislike labels as issues are far too complex to be finite in opinion.

I’m pretty far Left on social issues, though I don’t really care about them. I’ll happily vote for candidates who are against equal treatment, promote execution for drug possession, ban abortion, forced school prayer, ban divorce, criminalize out of wedlock sex. Don’t care, basically no position is too far Right on social issues for me to be concerned about(same on the Left).

I mostly care about four issues which are(in order):
Immigration
Minding our own business when it comes to wars
Americans First trade and labor policy
Corporate Flat Tax

Pretty much anything else doesn’t actually factor into my vote.

CWolf, the picture you paint of some conservative candidates is very fringe. I didn’t know any conservative lawmaker or candidate in America who was pro-execution or pro-banning divorce, ditto on criminalizing out of wedlock sex.

I learn new stuff every day. :wink:

Well I’m a fiscal conservative & believe the government should run it’s house the same way I run mine (not spending more than you get).
Personal social issues, many would call me a liberal (I guess). But I look at it as the right of each individual to chart their own life. To me those are conservative values the way I look at it.
As far as social programs, I’m far them as long as there is a lot more control than is being used today.
For instance I’m for welfare for anyone for a limited amount of time (max of 2 years in a lifetime) for those mentally or physically handy caps much longer. (for example).

Both.

[quote=“rudolph, post:4, topic:49163”]
CWolf, the picture you paint of some conservative candidates is very fringe. I didn’t know any conservative lawmaker or candidate in America who was pro-execution or pro-banning divorce, ditto on criminalizing out of wedlock sex.

I learn new stuff every day. :wink:
[/quote]No, I haven’t heard of one either. That’s what I was saying. There is no one so far out there that I’d factor it into voting. Something like “I oppose gay marriage” is a heck of a lot more mild than “I want to criminalize out of wedlock sex”. And I’d still vote for the second candidate if we were on the same page on the things I care about.

But it cuts in reverse. I’ll vote for the person wanting to replace Andrew Jackson with Ru Paul on the $20, so long as we’re on the same page on the things I care about. I find the gay and trans worship that’s sprung up on the Left in the past few years to be odd , but I just don’t care.

I’m socially conservative, but that’s not a question for politics. Politics shouldn’t be involved in those questions at all. Also, it shouldn’t involved in economics. Where it has to be, raising taxes so that a proper tiny, minuscule government can fulfill its narrow mission, I’m a fiscal conservative.

So you ask a lot of questions rudolph. Why don’t you go ahead and answer your own question, please.

Conservative, both fiscal and social (with a little libertarian).

I am a strong conservative fiscally and socially.

Both.

I had to look this up:

“Fiscal conservatism is a political-economic philosophy regarding fiscal policy and fiscal responsibility advocating low taxes, reduced government spending and minimal government debt. Free trade, deregulation of the economy, lower taxes, and privatization are defining qualities of fiscal conservatism.”

Toss in the words Capitalism and free market and I am there!!!

“Social conservatism refers to conservative values on non-fiscal matters, such as the promoting defense of marriage, opposition to abortion, opposition to homosexuality, and promoting common sense Christian values. The views of social conservatives and religious conservatives often overlap.”

I had hoped that finding a definition would give me an answer, it did not! So I will let the reader make the call:

Marriage: Between and man and woman with blessings of Christianity, however I don’t care if you marry your bass boat, none of my business, don’t make it.

I fully oppose abortion except in certain cases where medically required, this also includes rape which is an illegal pregnancy.

Homosexual: Not really sure what opposition is. I believe they are that way due to being miss-wired, meaning something in their physical makeup is wrong. Some folks are born with 6 fingers, I am not opposed to them. Is there behavior wrong, well they are deviants, so yes it is and even more so if they make a personal CHOICE to be a homo vs being miss-wired.

Again we must go back to the USC and its supporting docs. The 3 opening words “We the people”, it does NOT say We the Blacks, Homo’s, Mexicans, Indians or anything else other than We the People! There was and is NO NEED to bestow special rights and so called protections for minorities of any kind, they already have them. Again its the communist way to make people view the govt as their God.

I am a States Rights Conservative.
All things should be left up to the states, except that which is specifically mentioned in the Constitution for the Federal Gooberment.
Then, you look at the States you agree with, and move there.

I am a fiscal conservative and somewhat social liberal. I oppose any abortion after the third month. I prefer civil unions. I think the conservatives putting conversion therapy for gays in their platform is disgusting. I believe they are born that way. By most blacks I’m probably a racist because I can’t support black lives matters.

How is this even correct? A person cannot possibly be “miss-wired” as you put it.

[quote=“rudolph, post:15, topic:49163”]
How is this even correct? A person cannot possibly be “miss-wired” as you put it.
[/quote]Why not?

[quote=“Mike, post:14, topic:49163”]
I am a fiscal conservative and somewhat social liberal. I oppose any abortion after the third month. I prefer civil unions. I think the conservatives putting conversion therapy for gays in their platform is disgusting. I believe they are born that way. By most blacks I’m probably a racist because I can’t support black lives matters.
[/quote]Black Lives Matter is racist and murderous, pure trash. But of course, if you oppose racism, it makes you a racist according to the modern racists.

And I’ll answer my own question as per recommended.

I’m socially pretty liberal, but because I care about people’s personal liberties, it’s not about the rapid worship of gay or trans groups by the far-left. Those are conservative values in my view. I found the conservative platform on conversion therapy (once again) as disgusting. I care about much of the same issues CWolf mentioned, and I also get inspiration from the states rights conservatives.

I am socially liberal, but fiscally conservative. If America wants those “wonderful” social programs, I say fine. Let’s just create a way to pay for them first.

Social Conservative=No such thing
Economic Conservative=No such thing

Economies and Social interactions cannot be “saved”, they are both dynamic which means they can grow or die but not “Conserved”.

A “Conservative” wants to save something, preserve something, conserve something.

A Constitutional Conservative wants to preserve the integrity of the Constitution as it was originally intended or as it has been properly amended.

A Constitutional Liberal wants to relegate the Constitution to a near meaningless document by using Judicial tyranny and legislation that violates the Constitution with the excuse that the Constitution is a “Living Document” that amends itself over time; meaning it provides for no restraint on the Judiciary or the Legislature.

There are those who respect the Constitution and those who do not in the political realm, those who do respect the Constitution can have strong disagreements with it but they advocate for the legal amendment process to change it; those who disagree with the Constitution but do not respect it just act as if it does not exist.

I am as strong an opponent to taxing income as you will ever meet, this one issue is the root of most of our division and woes as a nation; but I respect that taxing income is Constitutional until the Constitution is amended so I do not divide over that issue.

I do divide with anyone who does not respect the Constitution because without that being the point of commonality and unity our nation can have no substantive commonality and unity; which means we are divided and will fall.

Wiring is a natural design occurrence. Therefore, it can’t be “flawed”. It feels like people are using wiring of the brain as an excuse to say they don’t want to accept gay marriage (of course there is nothing "bad " about that, even though I do find conversion therapies and other platform planks on the GOP LGBT agenda as disgusting).