Social Programs Under Democrats VS Republicans

I don’t understand how democrats can say that social programs have grown under republicans. So if you are a democrat please provide specific examples of when Republicans created social programs. If you a republican either defend those programs or prove that democrats create more social programs.

Most of the social programs start under democratic leadership and do expand under BOTH parties, when especially the congress becomes democratic controlled. Last two years of Bush was the greatest spending ncrease for social programs ie: the mortgage fiasco with Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac, ALL UNDER A DEMOCRATIC controlled congress and the largess mind of Barney Franks and Dodd. Thank you very much.

Bush did start the prescript drug program for seniors. That is off the top of my head. I would have to do some research to find other example.

IMO, the federal government should have no social programs. It should all be done by the states. It ends up being another way the feds take money from one states citizens and gives it to another state.

Or even better, by the local communities.

The Prescription Drug Program was created by the GOP
The Department Of Education was created by the GOP
OSHA was created by the GOP (Social Program in my opinion)
The E.P.A. was created by the GOP (Purely political but claims to address Social ills)
Multiple extensions of Unemployment benefits by the GOP.
Party wide GOP support for the continuation of S.S.I.
Party wide GOP support for the continuation of Medicare
Party wide GOP support for the continuation of Welfare
Multiple expansions of the Student Loan Program by the GOP
GOP Congress demanded the lending standards be relaxed for home buyers

And the most damning evidence is of course, the GOP had 6 years (2000-2006) of full control over the House, Senate and White House but did not use this authority to abolish ONE SINGLE bureaucracy, commission, department, agency or entity of any kind in Washington.

Both Parties are for expanding government power into the lives of Americans to the detriment of Liberty.
The GOP is just the Party that runs these things better and who also support many things that strengthen and encourage the private sector, this lessens the need for much of these programs but the agencies themselves will exist and grow until a small government Party forms and wins.

^George Bush also never used a veto once.

Obama says, “federal spending is rising at the slowest pace since Dwight Eisenhower brought the Korean War to an end in the 1950s.”

So is the spending growth percentage really a valid point to make?

Can someone point out to me why that’s wrong over history?