Soda, Pop, Soda Pop, Coke, Whatever -the soda recipe thread

I can tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi, even the syrup mix (old fashioned Soda Jerk way).
I drink Diet coke though, because I like it. Never liked Pepsi, at all. When Coke went to New Coke, I was very upset. Coke Classic, and what we have now, are a pale shadow of what Coke used to be. For a while we were drinking RC cola out of protest.

1 Like

I can absolutely tell the difference between Pepsi and Coke. My ex was an inveterate Pepsi drinker - I tried to develop a taste for it, but couldn’t; I’ll take classic Coke over Pepsi any day of the week. There must have been something wrong with that guy’s taster.

3 Likes

[quote=“JStang, post:21, topic:43982”]
I can tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi, even the syrup mix (old fashioned Soda Jerk way).
I drink Diet coke though, because I like it. Never liked Pepsi, at all. When Coke went to New Coke, I was very upset. Coke Classic, and what we have now, are a pale shadow of what Coke used to be. For a while we were drinking RC cola out of protest.
[/quote] “New Coke” MAY have been the canniest move in US History by a corporate manufacturer because it allowed Coke to finagle a way to protect their patented formula for Coca Cola, the patent for which was about to run out. It’s complicated, but by introducing “new Coke” for a short while and then reverting to “Classic Coke,” they were able to RE-PATENT the original formula under the sobriquet “Classic”. It angered SOME, but the end result was to Coca Cola’s ultimate benefit.

Hmmm…did you ever have a black cow? Root beer with vanilla ice cream! Absolutely delicious! (Some people from other regions call it a “root beer float”…how quaint!)

I’ve never heard it called anything other than a root beer float. I’ve also done cream soda floats.

[quote=“Fantasy_Chaser, post:25, topic:43982”]
I’ve never heard it called anything other than a root beer float. I’ve also done cream soda floats.
[/quote]Creamsicle float? Ever had one?
Vanilla Icecream and orange soda. MMMMMmmmmm!!!
I make 'em low carb, with Carb Smart Ice Cream , and Diet Sunkist.

1 Like

Yuk! Can’t understand the mentality of making an ice cream float using “low-fat” ice cream and diet soda–both of which leave a NASTY aftertaste in one’s mouth!

1 Like

Yes, those are delicious too! I’ve had a creamsicle float using orange POP, too. Those are very refreshing!

You got to it before I did! Creamsicle floats are delicious!

Have you ever had ice milk? It tastes just like ice cream and has no sugar substitute.

Never done the orange; just the root beer and cream soda.

I may have found an important ingredient in the Dr. Pepper recipe --Allspice

I don’t know if it makes it taste more like Dr. Pepper or just more tasty in general, but I liked it:

tamarind, vanilla, almond, allspice, a drop of lemon and lime, and palm sugar

need to try it with stevia or stevia/palm sugar combo -way better than asspartame- and truly low carb/caloric/glycemic

If we get a message from your family asking if we have heard from you because you have been missing for several days I am going to let them know that your were closing in on the Dr. Pepper recipe and that might be the reason for your sudden disappearance.

I’ve always thought that Dr. Pepper tastes a lot like a cherry coke.

Cherry-vanilla coke.

Quit doing that to me! Listening to the song Home from Michael Buble. So relaxing, calming and touching. Aren’t you “older” people supposed to be watching your sugar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GOjqLeISsk&list=WL&index=3

Uh, why did you mention Bublé here, and 'Oly crap, what is going on with his voice? He sounds drunk there.

Not drunk. It’s the way he talks and his personality. You’ll know drunk here should you have an extended stay.

On this board at night we get to know people personally and have a good fun time. Robert, Ct, Patricia, and me tend to loosen up. Alaska, if you want in on this club you need to give me a “yes” or “no” on my bet. Is the wager to high or something? Scared of not being able to post for 6 months? RWNJ will follow through should you agree. Or you can say not at this time Brewerfanx1. Any one of those 3 answers are acceptable.

No it’s not. Notice no slurring, nor high-pitched, vaguely Irish pronunciation of words.

The wait btw is on you, not me. Answer my question, and I’ll answer yours.

Are you discriminating against the Irish and calling them drunks?

Have you watched him in Concert live? I have. He sounds like this. No there is no wait by me. I proposed the question to you decades ago and you can’t commit. Ok, enough of this, I’ll just conclude like everybody else here that you aren’t sure, which means you need to listen more and do more research on that topic. There’s nothing wrong with admitting that. A million dollars Alaska! If you were confident about your stance you be all over it with an immediate, yes.

I’ve also seen Josh Groban in concert, and the eagles.