Software Updates Round 2

Another very large set of software updates were applied this morning. This puts us 2 steps away from being complete with updates.

Thanks for bearing with us as we bring RO up to date.

3 Likes

SoUnDs GoOd, HaVeN’T NoTiCeD AnYtHiNg OdD YeT, OtHeR ThAn mE.

1 Like

The thing I noticed was the picture next to the tabs. It’s the vBulletin picture.

Thanks, will get that replaced with the original :machinegun:

1 Like

[quote=“Bigfoot_88, post:3, topic:43684”]
The thing I noticed was the picture next to the tabs. It’s the vBulletin picture.
[/quote]Yeah, I remember the Wilders Security forums used to have the vBulletin favicon until they replaced it with their own “Ws” favicon.

I liked the old RO favicon of the crosshairs, but I guess we’ll have to live with the vBulletin favicon 'till WIJG or Zedd get around to changing it. If I messed with my web development add on or Firefly, I guess I might be able to change it in my own browser (NOT universally, like for others) . . . I think I’ve done that before but I can’t remember the steps. Maybe it was with one of my .css files.

But, it’s a cosmetic thing, so no big deal I guess. Not sure I’d be putting it high on my priority list, but I think it’s an easy fix, so maybe it can be done without too much of a hassle.

BTW, Pete, that was a good one.

The favicon will be fixed in the next update (hope it will be ready before the weekend).

[quote=“WhoIsJohnGalt, post:6, topic:43684”]
The favicon will be fixed in the next update (hope it will be ready before the weekend).
[/quote]Thanks for attending to this, John. I hope this is not a tedious manipulation for you. As I recall, it wasn’t for me and I’m an amateur compared to you and Zedd, so if it was easy for me, it’s likely a breeze for you guys.

Anyway, I could be wrong, but I hope it’s something that’s not too much of a pain for you guys.

Thanks again.

[quote=“WhoIsJohnGalt, post:1, topic:43684”]
Another very large set of software updates were applied this morning. This puts us 2 steps away from being complete with updates.

Thanks for bearing with us as we bring RO up to date.
[/quote] unable to insert an image. got a passage written in latin. ??

Strange. Another group of updates will be ready tomorrow. Please try again after my next update announcement.

[quote=“WhoIsJohnGalt, post:9, topic:43684”]
Strange. Another group of updates will be ready tomorrow. Please try again after my next update announcement.
[/quote] yesterday i did an image upload successfully, today the latin is back. i managed to get a screen capture of it and save it in my files, but then i cant upload it to put in a posting because it is now… an image! i kept trying a little while ago and finally got the following error message: " ERROR 500–INTERNAL SERVER ERROR The required URL caused an internal server error. If you get this message repeatedly, please contact the webmaster. Powered by IspConfig." i am going to try sending the screen capture to RO as an email instead of a posting.

still unable to upload images

For the time being- I recommend signing up for a photobucket account and uploading photos there to share here.

[quote=“WhoIsJohnGalt, post:12, topic:43684”]
For the time being- I recommend signing up for a photobucket account and uploading photos there to share here.
[/quote] okay will give that a try