Some great leaders had mental illness - it may have helped

Some of America’s greatest leaders in history have had mental health problems and it may have helped in times of crisis, psychiatrists and psychologists said.
Presidents Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy, along with Civil War generals Ulysses S. Grant and William Tecumseh Sherman and civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr., all struggled with mental health issues, often depression, said Tufts University psychiatry professor Dr. Nassir Ghaemi, who has written about historical figures’ psychological issues. He also points to British Prime Minister Winston Churchill and India’s Mahatma Gandhi as major historical figures who thrived while having emotional issues.

Some great leaders had mental illness - it may have helped

My opinion on psychiatrists and psychologists is they are mental deficit themselves and could not find their behind with both hands. I worked with these kinds of individuals while working for the state and they were wrong all the time.

It is a junk science which is more opinion than fact and it all depends on the practitioner’s bias as to the conclusions they arrive at. That is right **opinion **the same that anyone can have.

So here we are if one deals with situations decisively then one must have mental problems. Sounds to me to be another leftist trying to shape people’s minds to accept gobbly gook as truth.

BIG difference between mentally ill and crazy. My guess is they were just a little crazy. Crazy people don’t get put in rubber rooms, mentally ill do.

Like the difference between drunks and alcoholics…drunks don’t have to attend those weekly meetings…

One can only wonder what Dr. Nassir Ghaemi has to say about the mental stability of Mohammed and whether or not he has the cajones to PUBLISH it.

He probably thinks he was a fine well balanced fellow.

said Tufts University psychiatry professor Dr. Nassir Ghaemi, who has written about historical figures’ psychological issues.
Whenever I hear about something like this I always wonder… Did the guy do the research on his own or did someone pay for the study. Why? Well say it was a government grant or even the college granted him the money to do that study. Is he likely to come back & say “Nope, all those figures were totally normal”? That wouldn’t be what his “employer” wanted to hear (I’m pretty sure). Nobody pays for a study wanting negative results. A no they were normal result would pave his way to never getting to do another study for anyone. No study, no money. What’s more I’m pretty sure that he went into the study knowing what results his “bosses” wanted & I’d bet money that the results came back what they wanted to hear. Funny how that works that works in that the results ALWAYS come back to support the point that those paying you want to hear. Statistics do exactly the same thing.
On the other hand maybe he did the study on his own. He could have very easily designed the criteria to reflect exactly what he wanted. Maybe he is a nut & wanted to identify with other great people who were nuts. Who knows? People should always take studies & statistics with a grain of salt. After all if Jeffrey Dahmer did a study on what “normal” is it would be having sex with young men, killing them, & eating them. He could then pat himself on the back because he was the only “normal” person he knew. (wink).