Some light from the debate last night, and this campaign cycle

Mind you, I have not watched the debate. This is in response to headlines this morning:

All candidates last night agreed to support the nominee, even if it’s Trump.

fI think that sometimes we forget between elections just how nasty the campaigns get. They do everything they possibly can to rip each other to shreds.
When I look back at this cycle, I see several candidates that I said I could vote for, and only two that were a "NEVER!!"
We are down to the final four, and Kasich is the only one that is on my naughty list, because of his support of the Assault Weapons Ban from the Clinton era.

Overall, I think our four finalists are all better than last election’s choices.

I think sometimes people forget that none of these candidates are perfect. None of them are actually our friends. All of them have ties to someone, or something that don’t represent our best interests. Yes, that includes Trump. If people believe he isn’t going to hook his buddies up, they are being willfully blind. Cruz has his ties too. They all do. They wouldn’t be where they are if they didn’t.

Sometimes you just have to roll with it and hope for the best.
Hopefully your congresscritters will hold some of the caca flow back. Hopefully the winner is the right one for all of us, whether we like them or not.

I agree with you, DN. My “perfect” candidate didn’t make it. Since I can’t fathom the thought of a Hildabeest prez, I would vote for Donald Duck to prevent that. And DD doesn’t have a very nice personality.

MY “favorite” is still in the race and, in my not so humble opinion, the ONLY true conservative candidate in the race. Flawed? Of course. (Aren’t we ALL?) But all in all, a decent guy with his head on straight about the role government SHOULD take in our lives…the LEAST possible.