Special Report: Death and Deceit in Benghazi

Although I am not sold on the whole conspiracy/cover-up of the Ambassador’s assassination Bret Baier does an amazing job piecing together what exactly happened and what exactly they knew! It increasingly appears that the White House knew different things at different moments and did not want to alarm people especially if they got the facts wrong. However, people went on to say different things at different times causing mass confusion and the President himself was not immune! This rush to look professional backfired as now the Obama people look confused and frantic (as does his re-election campaign) all in an effort to avoid calling the attack what it really was. When conservative news media outlets do a better job piecing together the facts than the intelligence community does. You know its pure stupidity at play!!! I don’t expect this to happen under a Romney Administration! Embassy attacks? Maybe? But mass hysteria, confusion, corruption, and a possible cover up? Nope.

That being said. I say that you all need to do yourself a favor and watch the documentary. It is shocking, graphic, and heartbreaking. **Note: They do show Ambassador Steven’s dead body in one scene.

**<strong>

Special Report investigates death and deceit in Benghazi | Fox News

There was no point anywhere along the way where evidence suggested that the motivation for the execution of our Ambassador was a stupid Youtube video, no intelligence agency ever suggested this to the President or anyone else.

While it may be true that all the details about what happened and why took a few days to be assembled, this does nothing to excuse the accusation of a cover up.

The **fact **that the White House unilaterally invented a ridiculous story and then had senior officials perpetuate it is evidence enough that they KNEW it was a coordinated Terrorist attack commemorating 9/11 and the Administration did not want that narrative in an election year.

If they had been playing the “We don’t know yet” card then I would agree that no cover up was being attempted but by immediately putting out a completely baseless alternative story from day one is the glaring piece of evidence that condemns the President.

This was a cover up to protect the President in an election year.

sheer stupidity works here too. There can be a rational explanation for Obama wanting to not tell the American people everything. They just simply didn’t know. As they were saying throughout the debates and on different television shows. But you are right, I don’t know why they chose to use the video multiple times in another explanation. They should have just said we don’t know. Either way it makes them look stupid! Still, I’m not sure what the cover up is.

Saying the video did it sure is a lie, but a cover up? It just look like idiotic press release to cover their asses and it didn’t work. That’s typical Obama BS for ya. Besides Fox News has this entire story. If there was a coverup, we wouldn’t be seeing it on Fox News nonetheless!!! They aren’t privy to certain information in this administration!

This was just a stupid lie. Fast and Furious is the real cover up!

Obama knew the Ambassador was afraid for his life.

Obama knew he had ignored the Ambassadors request for more security.

Obama knew Benghazi had become a Terrorist stronghold.

Obama knew that 9/11 was a date that was very likely to be a Terrorist favorite to launch an attack.

Yet Obama did NOTHING and the results were tragic.

Inventing the video narrative out of thin air was an 11th hour attempt to steer the blame away from Obama, all the news outlets took the bait (including FOX) so they kept pushing it until the intelligence agencies leaked the truth out of resentment for being thrown under the bus.

This was a lie designed to cover up the incompetence of the Obama Administration, they hoped that it would last until after the election.

There were 3 options

1. Tell the truth, what they knew at that time

2. Provide a plausible explanation, We do not know at this time, we will have answers soon after and more data comes in

3. LIE and Fabricate a story to prop up a FAILED ME policy

Obama is a: Muslim + a ego-narcisistic driven whose ENTIRE life is built upon lies and fabrications…which door above would he chose??? Look at his life, his books he has written, any aspect and you will see a house built upon lie after lie, in fact I am not sure he has the ability to grapple with the truth when a lie is the easier path for him. Look at his performance in the debates, lie after lie, its just obama and how he thinks. Not sure he can deal with honesty, not part of his DNA…

OK we have established that it was a lie, but what did he cover up?

I guess the question is what is the difference between a lie and a cover up? When does a lie become a cover up?

1. We don’t know if the security request even made it that far up.

2. Sure, but that’s not a cover up. Anybody paying attention knows this!

3. Obama being stupid and incompetent does not = cover up and conspiracy.

4. No one on Fox believed the President. That was the lie, but again what did they cover up? is a lying distraction really a cover up? And anybody with a brain in their head knows the Administration F’d up.

5. If so, it’s a pretty crappy “cover-up” lid blown already…

Again until actual evidence comes forward telling us that Obama actually blocked the security teams from moving in, blocked information to and from the intelligence communities, and purposely allowed this attack to happen. I say its just another right wing conspiracy theory that I am having a hard time swallowing. If Obama is the king of conspiracies this has got to be his worse one yet, because its plainly out in your face and just too stupid to be a conspiracy!!!

This is from someone who has actually been studying such conspiracy theories since I was in Middle School. (of course I don’t believe in 99% of them), It doesn’t even read like a classic Obama conspiracy. EX: Fast and Furious.

You apparently do not understand the concept of a “cover up”, I have no idea what goes through your mind when you are using that term.

My last post describes exactly what they were attempting to hide until after the election to avoid having to answer for their incompetence to the voters.

You also do not understand leadership, the person at the top is responsible regardless of whether they claim ignorance. Only children think “I never knew that was going on” is a valid excuse of responsibility from someone in charge, in the real world that makes the offense ***worse. ***

Adding incompetence to bad leadership decisions does not make Obama more palatable.

1. No it doesn’t. You never answered my questions or addressed the points I made. I can’t see a cover up here. What were they covering up? Obama’s bad at foreign policy? I knew that already. Every conservative does! That’s NOT it.

2. Sir you have to stop talking down to people who you don’t agree with. I was in ROTC and I am an Eagle Scout. My father is a CEO of a corporation. I understand very well what leadership is. Apparently Obama doesn’t but don’t compare me to him. EVER!

3. I never said it did. I just don’t see the cover-up. Please explain what did they try to cover up?

For the THRID time…
Obama and team covered up Obama’s complete and utter lack of competence.
What part of that is so difficult to understand?

NOBODY ever said anything about, “allowing the attack to happen on purpose.” Where you get THAT idea, I don’t know.

And yes, Obamba most certainly did to know about the request for more security because it was turned down.
The whole Benghazi embassy was a disaster waiting to happen. It didn’t even have the proper stone security walls that are required of ALL embassies.
And even IF Obama is attempting to claim ignorance, that’s just more proof of what an incompetent boob he is because it is his very JOB to know these things. He is the person responsible (<–see that word there?) - for the security and safety of ALL U.S. diplomats no matter where they are on the planet. Still, NObody is claiming that he allowed it on purpose. That’s absurd. What we are saying is that all this could have been avoided if he had attended to his responsibilities. He didn’t. As a result, plenty of people are DEAD, embassies torn to smithereens, and relations in the mid-east worse than ever.

The “cover up” is the attempt to cast off all responsibility for his major screw up by blaming someone else so that voters wouldn’t see what an incompetent screw-up he is - especially just before an election. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I don’t know how to explain it any better than that. (Actually, I thought Rett did a fine job of it; superior to mine, easily.)
Just please get it out of your head that anyone so much as hinted that Obama purposely saw to it that our embassy was attacked and/or purposely had anyone murdered. That’s the first I ever heard any such nonsense, and hopefully, the last.

1. Um no they didn’t it’s completely out in the open for people to see.

2. Well, then I’m still having a hard time figuring out what exactly he covered up. What you just described is pure incompetence. Nothing being covered up. Maybe a little at first, but now it’s not a cover up. People know. They need to ask who told the White House to claim that the video was responsible, but that’s not a coverup that’s just a lie. Cover ups usually go much deeper which is why I would think if it was a coverup they would be protecting the fact that someone ALLOWED this to happen.

3. That’s just the media defending him like they always DO! He also probably paid off people to lie or say what he wanted them to say. That’s corruption but again not really covering up anything to people who are paying attention. Conservatives are, but its theories like these that hold no water that makes us look crazy.

THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT OBAMA AND TEAM COVERED UP ANYTHING!!! WHAT WOULD IT BE??? Until someone can give me actual evidence that Obama actually covered up something like say that he allowed this to happen, then I will maintain that it was sheer stupidity and incompetence!!! I’m sorry you guys just can’t leave it like it is and have to go fishing for conspiracies, that don’t make sense!!!

I am watching live video on FOX that was taken while all this was going on and the government did nothing except try to cover it up.

If anyone watched Fox last night (Judge Jeannie Pirro show) she had 2 CIA operatives, one a former ‘station manager’, Lt Col Pterson and Lt Gen McInerney.

These 4 described the intell process at that, how it flows, where and when. To say these men were livid over this would be an understatement, one them was in near tears over what happened.

Bottom line is we we knew and the WH knew in real time, we could have prob had a team there on the ground is as little as 30 min, the encounter lasted about 8 hrs and this gave us ample time to provide assets to support, Air Force, Army, Marines, were all available manpower and material forces such as attack planes.

Coverup, NO, IMO anyone calling this a coverup at this time is selling the incident short, it has gone BEYOND a coverup, its has transcended this into a CRIMINAL ACT by the WH and the POTUS HIMSELF. They believe he was briefed on the status of this and in fact a world wide message was sent out to include the 'war (situation) room at the WHITE HOUSE, they would have IMMEDIATELY briefed POTUS they were under attack. These guys believe the WH/Bammy withheld support for political reasons. Bammy boy belongs in prison for the murder of these 4 men.

They also said there is a video of the entire incident, the place is loaded with cameras and in fact IIRC the General said he has seen the video “and the America people need to see this”, he said it was stunning.

Impeachment is not good enough, war crimes are and I would hang the SOB

If you did not see this show last night, Fox will have a video of it up in a couple of days is my guess: Justice with Judge Jeanine - Fox News

They just said on Fox news there was a DRONE there also videoing, A DRONE was present…this leads to POTUS making a conscious effort to NOT defend. They also stated the WH was on line and watching in real time the events play out.

This is so far beyond a coverup at this point, the is way beyond Watergate. I would put everyone who works in the WH in prison…and include Billary

To me it still sounds like extreme incompetence!!! Seems like BO didn’t know what was going on at the time. I’m not defending him, I’m just saying he cared more about his re-election than protecting American forces on the ground. That’s not a cover up though. Now, the media is definitely covering his ass. But that’s what they always do, so it’s no shock to me.

I like what one Yahoo user comment says:

“Benghazi-gate = either cover up or extreme incompetence
Fast & Furious = cover up & extreme incompetence”

Seems to fit the speculation, but of course its all speculation.

LYING to COVER UP FOR YOUR MISTAKES IS a COVER UP.

Jeepers, jjf. You’ve either got to be playing at being dense or just plain stubborn to refuse to acknowledge that.

And, NO, the TRUTH wasn’t “out there in plain sight for all to see.” The W.H. pushed this COVER UP for well over a week! And the ONLY reason their COVER UP didn’t work is because enough men with honor got tired of being blamed and used so Obama could COVER UP his mistakes!

Now please, quit being boneheaded, and doing your utter best to try everyone’s patience.

[quote=“17Oaks, post:13, topic:36677”]
If anyone watched Fox last night (Judge Jeannie Pirro show) she had 2 CIA operatives, one a former ‘station manager’, Lt Col Pterson and Lt Gen McInerney.

These 4 described the intell process at that, how it flows, where and when. To say these men were livid over this would be an understatement, one them was in near tears over what happened.

Bottom line is we we knew and the WH knew in real time, we could have prob had a team there on the ground is as little as 30 min, the encounter lasted about 8 hrs and this gave us ample time to provide assets to support, Air Force, Army, Marines, were all available manpower and material forces such as attack planes.

Coverup, NO, IMO anyone calling this a coverup at this time is selling the incident short, it has gone BEYOND a coverup, its has transcended this into a CRIMINAL ACT by the WH and the POTUS HIMSELF. They believe he was briefed on the status of this and in fact a world wide message was sent out to include the 'war (situation) room at the WHITE HOUSE, they would have IMMEDIATELY briefed POTUS they were under attack. These guys believe the WH/Bammy withheld support for political reasons. Bammy boy belongs in prison for the murder of these 4 men.

They also said there is a video of the entire incident, the place is loaded with cameras and in fact IIRC the General said he has seen the video “and the America people need to see this”, he said it was stunning.

Impeachment is not good enough, war crimes are and I would hang the SOB

If you did not see this show last night, Fox will have a video of it up in a couple of days is my guess: Justice with Judge Jeanine - Fox News
[/quote]I caught a little of the show this morning.

If the cover up didn’t work it’s no longer a cover up anymore and it was never a coverup to begin with, or at the very least a very poor and stupid one!!! People know about it. People know they lied to the American people. People know its worse than Watergate in the corruption sense of that operation. Watergate was a coverup because they intentionally hid stuff and it took months and sometimes years to get all the files/tapes. This coverup lasted only a couple of days. So, not sure why people are going so crazy and still saying its a cover up when its being actively investigated now by various third parties.

Fast and Furious is a coverup because Obama intentionally hid files and protected his GAs ass for political reasons. He also blocked all investigations saying that the White House was looking into it when he just brushed it under the rug.

The media not reporting the truth is their motto for this President. No one should be shocked that they didn’t report it completely. But is not reporting the whole story a coverup???And when do you know you have the full story?

What did Obama intentionally hide or block here?

At least somebody gets it.
And you’re right. This is FAR, FAR WORSE than just plain incompetence, and trying to cover it up.
It IS crimminal.

FWIW, IIRC, it was Van Susterin I was watching and where I got the report - along w/pics of the consulate - showing the horrific job of (not) securing the place. Instead of the REQUIRED 4ft. or 6ft. (I forget which) surrounding the consulate, there was nothing but a few short, stone pillars around the embassy.
Apologies for not recalling who was being interviewed, but he also brought out the facts that this went on for EIGHT HOURS, and they could have had back up from our military within 30 minutes! The only half-plausible reason he could come up with for that NOT happening is that this was a temporary consulate, and perhaps the technoloby wasn’t yet hooked up. Something he found to be unconsienable, so even that didn’t make sense.

Now it turns out that his worst nightmare scenario, that he tried very hard reject as too awful to be true, IS true.
:fuming:

17Oaks, I hope there’s enough people in powerful places who are as outraged about this as you and I are. Otherwise, I fear…
…Well, you know what I fear. Hopefully, hopefully there isn’t a carpet big enough on this entire planet to sweep it under.
Those who died and their loved ones mourning their loss deserve some justice. We, as U.S. citizens, deserve better from those in a position to do something about it.