Spilled Milk

Despite the old saying, “Don’t cry over spilled milk,” the Environmental Protection Agency is doing just that.
We all understand why the Environmental Protection Agency was given the power to issue regulations to guard against oil spills, such as that of the Exxon Valdez in Alaska or the more recent BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. But not everyone understands that any power given to any bureaucracy for any purpose can be stretched far beyond that purpose.
In a classic example of this process, the EPA has decided that, since milk contains oil, it has the authority to force farmers to comply with new regulations to file “emergency management” plans to show how they will cope with spilled milk, how farmers will train “first responders” and build “containment facilities” if there is a flood of spilled milk.

Spilled Milk - Thomas Sowell - Townhall Conservative

Now Obama has said he would veto any attempts to reign in the EPA and its quest to impose regulations.

Obama: I’ll veto anything that limits EPA greenhouse-gas authority « Hot Air

Face it the EPA is following Obama’s directives to impose cap and trade as well as bring in more useless regulations.

Time for another facepalm…

Milk contains oil ???

EPA: Milk=Oil
By Paul Chesser on 6.15.10 @ 11:25AM

[SIZE=3]**This is not from The Onion: **

GRAND RAPIDS – Having watched the oil gushing in the Gulf of Mexico, dairy farmer Frank Konkel has a hard time seeing how spilled milk can be labeled the same kind of environmental hazard.

But the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is classifying milk as oil because it contains a percentage of [SIZE=4]animal fat, which is a non-petroleum oil.[/SIZE]

MORE: The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : EPA: Milk=Oil
[/SIZE]

Well, we all have a certain percentage of body fat so maybe we will be required to get a EPA permit depending on how much fat we have. :freaked:

How can people NOT SEE how this country is becoming a communist dictatorship.

Okay, the fat in milk is not oil, which is unsaturated fat. It is saturated fat. Anyone with a basic knowledge of milk should know this, because that would be what we call “butter”, and oils by definition must be liquid at ambient temperatures.

Oh brother. :rolleyes:
From the Spectator article:

“Milk is wholesome in a child’s body. It is devastating in a waterway,” Miller said. "The fact that it’s biodegradable is irrelevant if people die as a result of cryptosporidium, beaches close for E. coli and fish are killed."

I suppose Mr. Nitwit was trying to impress us with his big words, but anybody care to guess how COMMON cryptosporidium is? Here ya go.

Cryptosporidiosis, also known as crypto,[1] is a parasitic disease caused by Cryptosporidium, a protozoan parasite in the phylum Apicomplexa. It affects the intestines of mammals and is typically an acute short-term infection. It is spread through the fecal-oral route, often through contaminated water;[1] the main symptom is self-limiting diarrhea in people with intact immune systems. In immunocompromised individuals, such as AIDS patients, the symptoms are particularly severe and often fatal. Cryptosporidium is the organism most commonly isolated in HIV positive patients presenting with diarrhea. Treatment is symptomatic, with fluid rehydration, electrolyte correction and management of any pain. Despite not being identified until 1976, it is one of the most common waterborne diseases and is found worldwide. The parasite is transmitted by environmentally hardy microbial cysts (oocysts) that, once ingested, exist in the small intestine and result in an infection of intestinal epithelial tissue.

Yeah…I’m thinking you want to know how feces gets in milk, too. Not to mention how it somehow creates e-coli, and kills fish.
What a twit.
And because of twits like him, people are going to suffer dramatically from the lack of Vitamins D & K and osteoporosis due to the unaffordability of one of the most wholesome products on GOD’S green earth!
:fuming:

Thank you. But that, as you can see from the Spectator report, is irrelevant.

And due to their stupidity, milk, cheeses, buttermilk, butter, whipping cream…
are all going to be out of reach for millions of people.
FOOLS!

I was just pointing out that they’re stupid. =)

I know. And I was thanking you for doing so. And also pointing out that the EPA doesn’t CARE how stupid it is; they’re going to do it anyway. Unless somehow pushed back, this goes into effect this Nov.

Great, milk was too cheap anyway[/sarcasm]

This is normally the point that some EPA apologist jumps in and sings the praises of how without the EPA we would all be born deformed and die by 40 from bad food, water and air.

After an exhaustive search I have found a photo of the First Response Team. Highly trained, highly motivated individuals all.

[quote=“tperkins2009, post:11, topic:29047”]
After an exhaustive search I have found a photo of the First Response Team. Highly trained, highly motivated individuals all.

You be funny, Perkins. :biggrin: Thanks, I needed that.