Star Wars Actor Mark Hamill Comes Out Against Guns

Another actor who rose to fame making an action movie and now pushing for even more gun control that is aimed at legal owners. Criminals do not follow the law.

He’s a real piece of work.

Although I love Star Wars, he makes me sick.

I care for an actors political views like I care what others do in their own bedroom.

I’d already heard that Hamill said that the sexuality of Luke Skywalker is up to the individual viewer. I used to be okay with him before he started talking about things political…

He was always the most annoying actor in the franchise to me, Harrison Ford was the likable character as far as I was concerned and the Princess chick seems much more capable and strong than Hamill’s character.

They might be Liberal scumbags too for all I know but I never saw any appeal to the Luke Skywalker character, Hamill just seemed like a 12 year old in a costume.

He said this last year, and I’m pretty sure he’s been saying things to this effect before then, as I knew he was a left-wing guy.

Why is this news now?

[quote=“Fantasy_Chaser, post:5, topic:48484”]
I’d already heard that Hamill said that the sexuality of Luke Skywalker is up to the individual viewer. I used to be okay with him before he started talking about things political…
[/quote]What a moron.

[quote=“Alaska_Slim, post:7, topic:48484”]
He said this last year, and I’m pretty sure he’s been saying things to this effect before then, as I knew he was a left-wing guy.

Why is this news now?
[/quote]Because like me, he never heard this news before? I had no idea what Mark Hamill thought. I’m sad that I know now because, probably like you, I really don’t care what celebrities think. It’s stupid that celebrity confers some kind of expert-at-everything status on individuals who may realistically be as dumb as a brick or brilliant but thoroughly ignorant of, say, economics. It seems the vast majority of them consider themselves experts in economics though.

I was practically brought to tears when I first heard him open his mouth about these things. Thought I was immune then, but was proven wrong. Now I don’t care, and am equally now certain that there remains no more celebrities who could honestly disappoint me. Not even among the minor internet ones I pay far more attention to these days.

Seems I recall some actress being called to TESTIFY BEFORE CONGRESS on the Alar issue years ago and she claimed it was a PESTICIDE! (It’s an “ager” and preservative.) Another actress was asked to testify before Congress about nuclear power and she claimed that the plant where Karen Silkwood worked was a “nuclear power plant.” (It was a nuclear fuel PROCESSING plant.)

The only place a celebrity really should taken seriously is in their areas of expertise. First Amendment issues come to mind, Frank Zappa and Dee Snyder in front of Congressional committees, for example.