State Senator Proposes Dissolving City Of Detroit

It would no doubt be controversial, but the idea of dissolving the fiscally struggling city of Detroit and absorbing it into Wayne County is being tossed around in Lansing.
WWJ Lansing Bureau Chief Tim Skubick reports some state Republicans are talking about giving the city the option to vote itself into bankruptcy. And mid-Michigan Senator Rick Jones said all options should be considered — including dissolving the city.

State Senator Proposes Dissolving City Of Detroit « CBS Detroit

I imagine that this will be put up for consideration in other places that also face overwhelming debt because they chose to follow democrat ideas.

Yeah, let’s spread it out, and make the more rural areas “share the wealth.”

[quote=“Susanna, post:2, topic:37304”]
Yeah, let’s spread it out, and make the more rural areas “share the wealth.”

[/quote]I have to agree. I do not know the demographics of Wayne County but I bet the democrats in Detroit will try to take over that governing body with the same results we see in Detroit.

I just looked at the current Mayor of Detroit and they were talking about his accomplishments.

I thought of Obama–same accomplishments/sarcasm

And my sil, who lives in Romulus, is still a Democrat.

Wayne County isn’t rural and there would be no need for the Democrats who ran Detroit into the ground to take it over as similar Democrats already control it. Just where do you think everyone who moved out of Detroit moved to? Wayne County. It’s the heart of UAW country in Michigan…and the 15th most populous county in the nation, with almost 2 million residents.