State suspends gun carry permit for TN man who made viral video

State suspends gun carry permit for TN man who made viral video - CBS Atlanta 46

The guy is an idiot. I’d have taken his carry permit too based on his statements. Let his lawyer fight to get it back for him…meantime he can cool off.

So people shouldn’t be allowed to say they will shoot people who steal from them?

Liberals do think that way.

That’s not what he said. And shooting people is not the appropriate response anyway.

[quote=“Conservative_Libertarian, post:4, topic:37793”]
Liberals do think that way.
[/quote]I was reading an article that said Obama back in 2004 said people had no right to defend themselves

Obama Opposed Gun Ban Exception to Defend One’s Home | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

He said it to that effect. What is the appropriate response then?

Not threaten to kill people? If he wants to fight some gun control that doesn’t exist yet, he should vote or write his representative. Not threaten to kill people for some imagined theft.

A lot of us feel the way he feels, but the intelligent response should be, “I will defend my home, and if they come to take my guns, then I’ll be forced to make a decision.” Nothing more.
As a former bodyguard, one never, and I mean never, expresses their intentions. Warnings given, are given immediately prior to action being taken. Hypothetical threats are unprofessional and potentially dangerous.
Yep, I think he should have been taken seriously. Threats of violence are illegal. I have heard that Vets are being targeted by The big o to lose their gun rights, as Obama considers vets and retired police to be terrorists. I read a story about a man who went to the doctor, and they asked if he felt stressed, and if he felt like hurting someone. He answered “no”, and the nurse told him had he answered “yes” to any of the questions, he’d have lost his permit. Connecticut, I believe.
Vets, beware. You are first.

[quote=“Tiny1, post:9, topic:37793”]
A lot of us feel the way he feels, but the intelligent response should be, “I will defend my home, and if they come to take my guns, then I’ll be forced to make a decision.” Nothing more.
As a former bodyguard, one never, and I mean never, expresses their intentions. Warnings given, are given immediately prior to action being taken. Hypothetical threats are unprofessional and potentially dangerous.
Yep, I think he should have been taken seriously. Threats of violence are illegal. I have heard that Vets are being targeted by The big o to lose their gun rights, as Obama considers vets and retired police to be terrorists. I read a story about a man who went to the doctor, and they asked if he felt stressed, and if he felt like hurting someone. He answered “no”, and the nurse told him had he answered “yes” to any of the questions, he’d have lost his permit. Connecticut, I believe.
Vets, beware. You are first.
[/quote]I agree wholeheartedly. The wise person takes into consideration of what he or she says knowing that it can be used against you.

I guess some people here never heard of The Castle Doctrine/Law.

And how many people right here haven’t said they’d be happy to fire the first shot?

From the article:

The well-armed clientele was already making neighbors at the strip mall nervous, and then they heard the video.

What a bunch of yayhoos. But coming out of Tennessee, I have to wonder just how true that is.

According the Tennessee Department of Safety, Yeager is not a certified instructor. When asked about that, he said he allowed his license to expire.
The state also said Tactical Response is not a department-certified school.

So? Who said anybody had to be?

I don’t know what annoys me more: ridiculous ‘rules’, or the sheeple who embrace them.

Glad you brought that to the fore, as it’s not the first time I’ve heard it.

I did miss this post of yours somehow first time around. You’re right, of course. Looked back at my post and realized I forgot to add what this guy did was dumb as the biggest order. Of all people, he really ought to know better.
Still, I don’t think it amounted to the level of him being a grave danger to society, and confiscating his right to bear arms.
Shucks, if “stupid” was illegal, at least half our Senators would be serving time.

[quote=“2cent, post:12, topic:37793”]
Glad you brought that to the fore, as it’s not the first time I’ve heard it.

I did miss this post of yours somehow first time around. You’re right, of course. Looked back at my post and realized I forgot to add what this guy did was dumb as the biggest order. Of all people, he really ought to know better.
Still, I don’t think it amounted to the level of him being a grave danger to society, and confiscating his right to bear arms.
Shucks, if “stupid” was illegal, at least half our Senators would be serving time.
[/quote]“Half” is giving about 50% the benefit of the doubt.
I agree. His stupidity should draw attention, and be taken seriously, but unless he is charged with a felony, his rights should be left alone.

So he loses his 2nd amendment right because he used his 1st amendment right to tell people who want to violate his 2nd and 4th amendment rights to back off?

“Carry” permits are unconstitutional, they, “INFRINGE”. What part of, “shall not be infringed” don’t you understand??

I happen to agree with you in PRINCIPLE…and am a big advocate for carry everywhere. Of course the reality is that carry permits ARE presently constitutional under the law…and in this case, they may be used to disarm a threat to public safety. I’d be just as supportive of removing his ENTIRE right to keep & bear arms FOR A WHILE based on his threatening statements if the simple removal of the carry option were not available. Support for our right to keep and bear arms EVERYWHERE doesn’t mean that individual egregious and threatening behaviors with a dangerous weapon at hand need to be tolerated.

Making threats of violence IS NOT a first amendment right. Go down to your police station and threaten a cop. See how far the 1st amendment travels.
We don’t have to wait until someone fires a gun to remove it if he is making threats. Duh.

He voiced that he would defend his rights from aggression. Not a threat, it’s self defense.

**“I’m not gonna let anyone take my guns…if it goes ONE INCH further I’m going to start killing people” **

No threat there. Just your average guy expressing his right to keep and bear arms. [/sarc]

What do they expect suspending his license will do? Do they expect him to not carry if they suspend his license? I don’t believe it will stop him from carrying any more than those stupid signs with the red line through the gun will keep anyone from bringing a gun into a “gun free zone.”