Stockman picking up where Paul left off in regards to Sanctity of Life Act

The bill was first introduced by Steve Stockman of Texas. Subsequently it has continually be introduced by Ron Paul.

Paul is now leaving, however Stockman is returning and will carry the reins of the abortion solution!

Sanctity of Life Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Glad to see someone with balls will continue to introduce legislation that would effectively ban abortion and protect the rights of the unborn. The rest of the GOP is a disgrace for only giving pro-life causes lip service, yet ignoring this legislation.

Whatever makes ya feel good. It didn’t get out of Committee in the House in 2011…nor will it anytime soon. National Pancake Day has a better chance of being passed.

[quote=“Cam, post:3, topic:37120”]
Whatever makes ya feel good. It didn’t get out of Committee in the House in 2011…nor will it anytime soon. National Pancake Day has a better chance of being passed.
[/quote]It makes me feel great!

I suspect it may gain more support as Obama starts appointing more justices and Republicans realize relying on the SCOTUS will not work.

What does that say about the GOP? Bunch of spineless sissies.

No…says they ain’t buying the same thing 80% + of the people don’t buy. The fringers are always proud of their meaningless gestures…like sponsoring bills that go nowhere year after year…and voting for 3rd parties because it makes them feel so pure.

Being a pro-life Republican is now “fringe?”

No…being a pro-life republican who wants to define a human being as a one cell organism no matter what…even in a petri dish… is fringe.

Life either begins at conception or at birth. There is no in between. You’re either a human from conception or at birth.

Keep trying. Another 40 years and several more liberal supreme justices and no change in public opinion and maybe you’ll stop banging your head against the wall and live your life and let others live theirs…and spend you time on things where you have a chance of making a difference.

I do want other to be able to live their lives. You’re the one that doesn’t care whether a child is murdered or not.

Yeah…I’d throw that Petri dish out once I was done with it. I’m a murderer!! So find a cop to arrest me. I’m done with this. As always, no opinions will change.

It’s a meaningless piece of legislation, and probably didn’t make it out of committee, because of the fact that the federal government lacks jurisdiction in describing when life begins for anything other than federal applications, which are minimal if even extant. While in favor of the intent of the bill, I’m strangely unimpressed by it and its offering.

The meat of the bill uses jurisdiction stripping, which is Constitutional and something Newt Gingrich (as well as Paul) talked about during the primary. Roe v. Wade would be declared void and it would be left to the states.

Always has been, as far as Cammie is concerned.