Stop Blaming Pro-Lifers For The Colorado Springs Shooting

Stop Blaming Pro-Lifers For The Colorado Springs Shooting
By Ben Domenech
November 30, 2015
thefederalist.com

… Dear is described by neighbors as an odd loner, who avoided eye contact and spoke unintelligibly. In South Carolina … he had been arrested after hiding in the bushes and peeping into his neighbor’s house. He shot a neighbor’s dog with a pellet gun and threatened him with bodily harm. In Colorado, he lived off the grid in a trailer, on a five-acre plot of land he apparently purchased for $6,000 in 2014. This followed a series of cabins and trailers — without electricity or running water — that he stayed in after his divorce in 2000.

Dear has no history of affiliation with the Republican Party or pro-life groups or politicians. He … reportedly had limited interactions about politics with those who knew him. But he proffered anti-Obama literature to a neighbor, had a history of anti-government comments, and The New York Times connects him with online postings seeking partners for BDSM sex and others on Cannabis.com calling it the “End Times” due to AIDS and hurricanes.

This remark from Cowart is only the beginning of what will be a significant public relations push from Planned Parenthood … to depict this off-the-grid loner with a history of bizarre and violent behavior as your typical pro-lifer, motivated to murderous violence by political and rhetorical attacks on Planned Parenthood. “I hope people realize that bitter rhetoric can have unintended consequences,” Bernie Sanders tweeted.

The media elite and Planned Parenthood’s many other allies are welcome to try this approach. But it is not going to work, and there are a few obvious reasons why it won’t.

First, because pro-lifers are so plentiful in America, no one accepts that an obvious nut like Dear is an accurate representation of how they behave. Only Planned Parenthood and its true believers think like this, and it’s one of the reasons their public relations efforts have in recent years performed so poorly. …
Second, … no one believes that the NRA is in favor of mass shootings any more than they believe that the National Right to Life Committee is in favor of attacking abortion clinics. These organizations and the politicians who agree with them condemn such attacks, and loudly. … For those who have been talking about moderate Muslims until they turn blue in the face, depicting the pro-life community as one giant radicalized group of Robert Lewis Dears is absurd. …

And third … It is a very hard case to make that pro-lifers telling the truth about Planned Parenthood, and politicians demanding they be called to account for that truth, are acts that encourage domestic terrorism. It is harder still to make that case when you have worked tirelessly over the course of months to squelch all reporting about this story that did not declare it debunked.

I have complete faith in the MSM’s and Lib/Prog pols’ willingness to dodge facts demonstrating this narrative to be absurd. My confidence in the general public’s ability to see through their loony-hysterical demagoguery is not as great. I hope I’m being wrong in the pessimistic direction, but those who hear little but lies aren’t likely, IMO, to easily discern the truth.

I agree with the sentiment, Pete, but if the pro-life movement is not to bear collective guilt over the actions of this idiot, why do so many here insist that all Muslims bear collective guilt and responsibility for the actions of a few terrorists?

Both the left AND the right need to be able to differentiate between mainstream political and religious movements and the actions of lunatic fringes. If conservatives don’t want the pro-life movement discredited because of a few crazies, then conservatives should practice what they preach and not convert the war against Islamofascism into a war against all Muslims.

Ever read Randy Alcorn’s fiction book “Deadline”? One chapter deals with a number of “attacks” on abortion clinics. One was a pro-choice person who wanted to make the pro-life people look bad. One was perpetrated by the owner of the clinic for insurance purposes. The story dealt with an angry man who tried to murder the doctor who performed his wife’s abortion. I think there were a couple of others, but one thing was pointed out - if and when the truth was found out (other than the murder, because another man was killed in that attempt), it was stuck in a back page on the newspaper so probably no one would see it. Now, as I said, the book was fiction, but Randy Alcorn does a lot of research on the books he writes, and those were probably similar to real incidents.

It’s true, these attacks really just lend ammunition to the PP, and they don’t hesitate to use it. This Colorado incident is strange, because it’s reported he’s said a lot of things, but nothing except for a reference to “baby parts” has been revealed by the authorities. Why are they playing things so close to the vest? The immediate possibility is that he’s part of a cell. But another possibility may be that he’s a false flag, a man motivated to, well, provide ammunition to the PP.

There is NOTHING to indicate that this moron was “pro-life”. If he WAS, he wouldn’t have gone into the “clinic” guns blazin’. The truth will eventually come out–and be relegated to the back pages of some obscure newspaper and NEVER mentioned on any TV news program at all. Islam has declared war on US, Jazz. It did so when Mohammed scribbled his “thoughts” down and they were added together later to comprise the Q’uran. To be a Muslim in good standing, one must BELIEVE IN–and follow–ALL of the Q’uran’s teachings. I’ve read it–and in its original Arabic (though that was 50+ years ago now) and what struck me about it was that it was VERY militant and held NO mercy for “infidels” who refuse to convert. Convert or Die are its watchwords. Oh, they’ll let us live IF we agree to be enslaved and pay them a “tax” for being non-believers.

[QUOTE=Jazzhead (C&P from quote)]I agree with the sentiment, Pete, but if the pro-life movement is not to bear collective guilt over the actions of this idiot, why do so many here insist that all Muslims bear collective guilt and responsibility for the actions of a few terrorists?[/QUOTE]
A few terrorists? I’ve pointed this out in the past, and wouldn’t be surprised if I do again in the future. There’s a remarkably high percentage of fundamentalist Muslims who commit terrorism, and a remarkably high percentage of moderate Muslims who approve of or BANKROLL the terrorists’ activities.

I’m reminded of the somewhat simplistic but still telling joke definitions, in which there is more than a grain of truth:

Radical Muslim: Someone who wants to behead nonmuslims
Moderate Muslim: Someone who wants radical Muslims to behead nonmuslims