Stossel on Gov't Job Programs

Pretty damning report.

**John Stossel Exposes the Fraud of Government Job Training Programs **               October 3, 2012 by [Dan Mitchell](http://danieljmitchell.wordpress.com/author/danieljmitchell/)  

There have been lots of studies showing that there’s no benefit  to job training programs. People who sign up with these government  schemes are not more likely to either get jobs or to earn more money.

http://drclarkjensen.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Unemployment-cartoon.jpgHeck, even the New York Times was forced to acknowledge that these programs are a costly failure.
To really understand how these programs operate, John Stossel put together an investigative mission. The results excerpted below would be funny, other than the fact that taxpayers are getting ripped off and people are getting lured into lives of dependency…

…That’s the problem. The politicians always gravitate to “solutions” that means more government intervention, more government dependency, and more government spending.

One would think that honest left wingers would look at the research, understand that these programs hurt people, and recognize that the right approach is free markets and limited government.
But they don’t, which suggest that there are no honest leftists.

And the very intersting middle part is at the link: John Stossel Exposes the Fraud of Government Job Training Programs « International Liberty

Honest left winger, no such creature, went extinct a LONG time agao…

Actually, I got my computer programming on a government training program, and it worked very well for me (and for the government, too, for that matter, considering how much return in income tax they got!), but overall, it was not very successful. Anyone remember CETA? When I was in my computer programmer course (led to an AAS, although I already had a BA), I ran across one girl who was into the computer training course, because she “wanted to get in on some of that government money.” She was in remedial math, so I doubt if she made it in the programming course.

[quote=“Susanna, post:3, topic:36442”]
Actually, I got my computer programming on a government training program, and it worked very well for me (and for the government, too, for that matter, considering how much return in income tax they got!), but overall, it was not very successful. Anyone remember CETA? When I was in my computer programmer course (led to an AAS, although I already had a BA), I ran across one girl who was into the computer training course, because she “wanted to get in on some of that government money.” She was in remedial math, so I doubt if she made it in the programming course.
[/quote]CAREFUL, you are a success story, most likely the ONLY one they got.[ATTACH=CONFIG]1697[/ATTACH]

I think there were a few others at the school I attended that did all right. One girl, though (not in the same option), was talking as though she was going to more or less give up on life (she was bright enough), but she seemed to feel that life was letting her down, and she talked about going back to Chicago and back on drugs.