Study: Women 40 Percent More Likely To Develop Mental Illness Than Men

here is a gender gap for mental illness, with females being up to 40 percent more likely to develop some type of mental health condition than their male counterparts.
A new study to be published by Oxford University Press finds that women are nearly 75 percent more likely than men to have suffered from depression, and approximately 60 percent more likely to report an anxiety disorder.

Study: Women 40 Percent More Likely To Develop Mental Illness Than Men « CBS Atlanta
With the studies coming out of the UK lately, I have to wonder if reason has been suspended. The wild assertions of these studies just do not make sense.

Are women more prone to mental illness? Frankly I don’t know but I would think that it really are men who suffer from this affliction. Now I am excluding things like alzheimer’s disease.

Of COURSE we’re more likely to come up with mental illness.
We have to put up with men!

lol

This explains why men usually die before their wives.

Because they want to.

[quote=“JStang, post:3, topic:39576”]

Because they want to.
[/quote]“When you said, 'til death do we part, you didn’t realize you were setting a goal.”__Walter.

I would guess that women are more likely to get diagnosed so that messes the numbers up

[quote=“JStang, post:3, topic:39576”]

Because they want to.
[/quote]:coffee_spray:

[quote=“Tiny1, post:4, topic:39576”]
“When you said, 'til death do we part, you didn’t realize you were setting a goal.”__Walter.
[/quote]:rofl::rofl:

And to think I did not post this as a joke thread:grin:

There might well be something to that; a guy might be more inclined to try to tough it out.

“It takes men to civilize the world…but it takes women to civilize men.” (unknown)

“My husband is a nuclear physicist with an IQ of 145. But, every time he walks into the kitchen, his IQ drops 80 points.” A good friend of mine on her husband’s total confusion whenever he’s in the kitchen.

It’s because they realize they are the ones with the problem.

HARUMPH!!! (ugly scowl on face and hands on hips)

Sorry, I wouldn’t be a guy if I didn’t say that. LOL… :>) HARUMPH is an awesome movie quote from the movie Blazing Saddles. One of my favorite movies of all time.

Really? I saw Blazing Saddles YEARS ago and I don’t remember that. All I remember was a bunch of cowboys sitting around a fire and farting…

My favorie quotes,

Bart: Are we awake?
Jim: We’re not sure. Are we… black?
Bart: Yes, we are.
Jim: Then we’re awake… but we’re very puzzled.

Mongo: Mongo only pawn… in game of life.
Share this
Jim: Uh-oh, Bart. I think Mongo here’s taken a liking to you.
Mongo: Huh-huh, naw, Mongo straight.

Gabby Johnson: I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin’ bushwackin’, hornswagglin’ cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter.

… LOL …/that was funny

… :howler:

** It takes some of us longer than others to become “studies-immune.” **

This condition occurs after one has taken seriously one-to-many bogus “studies” where it turned out that the people that conducted
the “study” were getting boo coo bags of government grant money …

… or some other private grant money from sources that had an ideological interest in what conclusions were going to be reached in
exchange for their $$$$$$$$ funding …

… heh heh, or that the people who did the “study” were themselves IDEOLOGICAL FANATICS and had their own “little axe to grind” …

Yeah! “studies-immune” … thats where I am today … I’m 100% “studies-immune” …

(Ha, “Eggs will kill you”__January “Study” … “You’ll Die If You Don’t Eat Eggs”__Feburary “Study” … ad nauseum) :freaked:

** Lets Do Our Own “Study” Of The People Who Conduct “Studies.” **

Some very very rich billionaire Conservatives need to fund this “study.”

They could easily buy the souls of dozens of America’s top secular very reputable Ph.Ds who would guarantee to
reach “certain conclusions” for, say, $950,000 each, in all-taxes-paid dollars of course, IE they actually get
950 Large in their pockets after all expenses are paid …

… get a luxury all paid month-long vacation in the Bahamas, in the very best suite, in the very best five star
hotel in the Bahamas, where they can conduct their “study” using their cell phones making calls between sips
on them thar icy-cold pink margaritas …

… LOL …

The guaranteed conclusions of the “950 Large For Each Ph.D Study” would be:

(1) All studies conducted in America are the work of a secret agency inside the People’s Liberation Army whose task
is to subvert America by psychologically driving her citizens insane with one “study” after the other that always will
prove “crazy stuff” to be true.

(2) All people that conduct studies secretely crave romantic liasons with 2½ foot tall elderly dwarfs and are therefore
perverts not to be trusted.

(3) All people who quote any “studies” of any kind are potentially psychologically dangerous people that must be
"restrained" and taken to a “quiet place” where they will undergo “re-training” and “re-adjustment” before they
can be released back into society.

(The American sheeple were so awed by this “study” published by America’s top 50 Intellectual Academic Talking Heads
that next election they elected a new face in town as their President, a man named John “No Studies” Jones, and so
all “studies” were eventually outlawed in America.)

… LOL …

/joke …

Lawzy, I’m probably going to get thrown from the train for this one, but can’t help it.
When Obama was running for prez back in '08, the first movie that came to mind was Blazing Saddles.

Must I really articulate why?

We’ll the difference is Bart (Black Sheriff) actually improved the people he represented. Cough Cough…

[quote=“2cent, post:17, topic:39576”]
Lawzy, I’m probably going to get thrown from the train for this one, but can’t help it.
When Obama was running for prez back in '08, the first movie that came to mind was Blazing Saddles.

Must I really articulate why?
[/quote]I thought of Head of State, with Chris Rock. My wife still calls Obozo “Mays Gilliam” and whenever she sees Michelle O, she screams, “SECURITY!!!”.