TalkGOP Intro

Hello everyone. This looks like a really well-developed forum. I look forward to posting here

1. What state do you vote in?

Tennessee

1. Are you, or were you ever a member of the armed forces?

No. However I do work at an AFB as a defense contractor for the last 20 years.

1. Does ‘TalkGOP’ have any meaning?

It is the name of my podcast and blog, (but per the rules, no link!)

1. What are 3 or more of your favorite books (not necessarily in order)?

I hate these kind of questions.

Sci-Fi: Foundation Trilogy and anything else by Asimov
Getting Things Done by David Allen
Integrity by Dr. Henry Cloud
Love & Respect
Lord of the Rings

1. What is the most important topic for you in the next election?

Typically I would say getting the federal budget under control but with the news of the last week, I would say getting the power of the federal government under control. Of course I am compelled to note that these two things are completely inter-related.

1. How long have you been lurking around the forums before signing up?

Not at all, I found it doing a Google search for Republican forums.

Additional background.

Married dad of 2 girls and one adopted son. I have served as Young Republican county chairman, Republican county treasurer and chairman. I have also served on the local planning commission and I am currently serving on our local Economic Development Board. Would love to see state and national party interface better with local grassroot Republicans.

Welcome! Glad to have you here. Enjoy the site. Looks like you found the survival guide. Be sure to do your political views survey, link is beneath your post count in your header.

Welcome!!!

Hi and welcome! I have and have read the Foundation Trilogy. I also like early (pre Stranger in a Strange Land) Heinlein, among other stuff.

Welcome to RO!