Taxing the rain

Anything for a buck I guess. Next up, breathing.

Maryland Governor Taxes Rain

by Matthew Boyle

Maryland Democratic Governor Martin O’Malley has instituted a tax on citizens for the amount of rain that falls on their property.

The tax, officially known as a “storm water management fee,” will be enforced in nine of the state’s counties. The state legislature passed it in 2012 purportedly to “raise revenue to cleanup [sic] the Chesapeake Bay,” according to MarylandReporter.com.

Former 2012 GOP U.S. Senate candidate Dan Bongino bashes the tax in a Wednesday afternoon press release. The law “requires individuals, businesses, and even charitable organizations and houses of worship to pay a tax based on the amount of rain that falls on their property and the ‘impervious surfaces’ on their land,” he says.

The tax, mandated by the EPA and enforced locally, will be calculated “through satellite surveillance of your property,” the statement claims.

Maryland Governor Taxes Rain

The article won’t come up, so I’m gonna go on what ya got there, Perkins.

The tax, mandated by the EPA and enforced locally, will be calculated “through satellite surveillance of your property,” the statement claims.

ExCUUUUSE ME?! Who gave the EPA the power to mandate law? ANY law; much less, extremely stupid ones.

And aside from that, it’s damned scary to think the government is going to be watching from above.
You folks still have no problem with satelite imagery, GPS, and drones?

Speaking of which, if satelites are capable of what they claim here, why does LE need drones?

The heck? How do you even enforce a “Rain Tax”?
Governor O’Maley must be desperate…

Congress can and does delegate, not at all uncommon for a federal organization to mandate something…Library of Congress recently banned the unlocking of cell phones and they’re a library

I know. But the article states that the EPA mandated the law.

Oh, I know that they’ve been at it for ages. I just refuse to quit questioning it. Hopefully, it’ll sink in one day that the EPA has no jurisdictional power.

Try this one 2cent New Rain Tax Makes A Splash In Maryland - Business Insider

The article said it was going to use satellite imaging to calculate square footage of the impermeable surfaces on your property.

What’s next?..a tax to take a dump?

The Environmental Protection Agency decreed

and:

Faced with the EPA’s orders

You’re tryin’ to piss me off, aren’t you? LOL

Having Big Brother spying on me from the sky would simply make my day! Yours, too?

I’d paint a massive middle finger on the roof of my house.

The message that Progressive leaders consistently send by way of their behavior/policy positions is there is NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING, they won’t tax. Unrestrained, Progressives would no doubt place a tax on each of us for our “personal carbon footprint” - farting!! You think I’m kidding? Please recall, over the past few years these ass clowns have stepped forward and made an issue of bovine flatulence and the contribution cow farts have made to the Progressive’s anti-energy alter known as “global warming”/“climate change”.

Now that I’ve calmed down - a little…

The EPA needs to be dismantled. Not slimmed down; DISMANTLED! However, it would be stupid make an attempt for total, instant gratification. Do like the Liberals do so well - incrementally.

As to the situation at hand, they’re not taxing the amount of run-off - which they can’t even prove is part of the pollution problem - they’re taxing the property. You already HAVE an (unConstitutional) property tax. Taxing the square footage of your roof is a double tax.
Besides which, what if it doesn’t rain that year?

This is the most convoluted piece of garbage I’ve seen come down the pike in a long time, and that’s saying a lot.

Increments are the key to winning a war. The liberals are at war with us. Wars are not generally won with one battle.

Thank you! Although it doesn’t surprise me that it came from you, it’s SO GOOD to hear common sense.

Now…if we can only get it to prevail