TDS - Trump Derangement Syndrome

TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME - TDS:

Profound disappointment and anger at the failure of the “true conservatives” to finally nominate one of their own and the likely success of Donald Trump’s populist and nationalist hostile takeover of the party even though many of his goals coincide with theirs.

symptoms:

1. Casting dispersions on his true motivations based on past business related political contributions to both parties.

2. Dissecting cherry picked sound bites from his unrehearsed stream of consciousness remarks.

3. Accusing him of despicable campaign tactics whenever he punches back (usually harder) at attacks on him.

4. Wishful thinking that an alliance with the GOP establishment will result in the nomination of a “true conservative”.

5. Unsubstantiated conviction that he will preside in a dictatorial unconstitutional manner.

cure: Unknown.

1. The word is “ASpersions”, by the way, but a guy who’s supported Democrats and Democrat causes his whole life doesn’t magically convert to a “conservative” just because he wants to be President.

2. The LAST thing we need is someone who speaks (and makes decisions) based on his “stream of consciousness”. We USED to call those remarks–“Freudian slips.”

3. He often throws the first punch.

4. I have no faith in the GOP Establishment, but one thing is certain. Both the Establishment AND true conservatives share a laudable goal–preventing a Democrat from gaining the White House…again.

5. Of course he will. Have you LISTENED to what he’s been saying???

CURE: Nominate Ted Cruz.

Is this a joke post? Are you not aware that Trump himself is deranged?

I will say this, if anyone know how Trump will lead or what he is thinking, they have ESP. This is the most disturbing aspect of his personality.

He could theoretically be great for America and the world, or, he could oversee great economic harm. Noone knows because even he seems to just rattle rhetoric at the top of his head most of the time. I bet you Trump doesn’t even know what kind of president he might be. That’s a huge roll of the dice.

[quote=“shockedcanadian, post:4, topic:48520”]
He could theoretically be great for America and the world, or, he could oversee great economic harm. Noone knows because even he seems to just rattle rhetoric at the top of his head most of the time. I bet you Trump doesn’t even know what kind of president he might be. That’s a huge roll of the dice.
[/quote]I completely agree with this statement.
That’s exactly what I want. I already know what I’m getting with Hilary Clinton, and I’ll pass. Even though it seems many Cruz supporters are shifting over to her, as their backup to Cruz.

The bolded statement is complete BS.

What utter BS! There are no Cruz supporters “switching over” to Hillary. There may be some who think we’d be better off with her at the helm than we would be with TRUMP, however.

On the whole, this thread is a diaper load…

[quote=“Pappadave, post:7, topic:48520”]
What utter BS! There are no Cruz supporters “switching over” to Hillary. There may be some who think we’d be better off with her at the helm than we would be with TRUMP, however.
[/quote]Which is exactly what I just said. After voting for Cruz in the primary, and Trump becomes the nominee, they’ll vote for Hilary. That’s the definition of a backup.

[quote=“CWolf, post:9, topic:48520”]
Which is exactly what I just said. After voting for Cruz in the primary, and Trump becomes the nominee, they’ll vote for Hilary. That’s the definition of a backup.
[/quote] Just where have you decided that there are Cruz voters who’ll “switch to Hillery”? I don’t know of a single one who’s made that claim. Not voting for Trump does NOT mean voting for Hillary.

More than a few have said Clinton would be preferable to Trump. Perhaps they’ll vote for neither, but since most of them did vote for Romney as “The lesser of two evils”, I assume they’ll vote for Clinton, too.

I suppose you’ve heard what “assuming” does, CWolf?

Well, I am an ass.
A sexy one :cool:

I know many Cruz supporters and absolutely none of them have even given the slightest notion of what you are claiming. Believe such BS all that you want. The fact that you believe it doesn’t make it any less BS that it already is.

[quote=“John_Blutarski, post:14, topic:48520”]
I know many Cruz supporters and absolutely none of them have even given the slightest notion of what you are claiming. Believe such BS all that you want. The fact that you believe it doesn’t make it any less BS that it already is.
[/quote]Perhaps you should read some of the very posts in this forum. I’d say a flat our majority of posters are now saying that Trump is worse than Clinton. And if you think it’s bad here, go head over to FreeRepublic or CU.

If you mean “people I know in real life”, no. But I barely know anyone who likes Cruz at all. They either liked Trump, Rubio, Paul, or Carson. I know three people who voted for Cruz, and they’re all fairly luke warm on him.

I guess thathat my friends are more Conservative.

CWolf - once again you’ve jumped the shark.

I COMPLETELY disagree that if Trump is the nominee many Cruz supporters will vote for Clinton. Not to place too fine a point on your statement, I think it is dog poop.

I think there are a number of Republicans/Conservatives who, if Trump is nominated, are likely to stay home. I have Republican/Conservative friends all over the country with whom I routinely correspond and I have yet to hear any of them express any willingness whatsoever to vote for Hillary Clinton.

This brings up exactly why I think Hillary is likely to be our next president UNLESS a dramatic turn takes place in the upcoming primaries.

It is widely assumed that Trump has expanded the base - that even some Democrats are supporting him over Clinton. I’m sure that’s true. By the way, it is a mistake to judge Trump’s support by the size of the crowds he draws at his campaign events. Many of those people simply want to see “the show”, to hear Trump’s latest bombastic remark and take in the antics of the demonstrators.

However, what is NOT being discussed is the fact that while Trump is bringing in some Democrat support through the front door, there can be little doubt that he is LOSING conservative support out the back door. None of us can know with precision how these disaffected conservatives will respond, but it is inconceivable they would go to the polls in November and actually cast a ballot for Clinton - an individual who has a belief system the antithesis of their own - far more likely they would simply stay home in November out of utter disgust and disrespect for both Clinton and Trump. Would this help Clinton’s cause? Of course it would.

On the other side of the coin, if at the convention in Cleveland Trump fails to gain the nomination, which is quite possible unless he captures the required 1237 delegates prior to the convention, then Trump will claim he was “robbed” and many of his supporters will likely stay home in November. Would this eventuality assist Clinton? You bet it would.

About the only way I see Clinton losing in November is for the primary race to significantly tighten between Trump and Cruz from this point forward and for Trump to fall significantly short of 1237 delegates. Perhaps Trump and his supporters would then be more receptive to allowing the convention process to play out under those conditions and not bolt from the Party should Cruz be the nominee - but I doubt it.

Then, of course, we also have the possibility of Trump going 3rd Party if he is not nominated.

Who knows - but given the reasons outlined above, I think it more likely Hillary wins in November than either Trump or Cruz. That’s too bad. Tragic, in fact.

By the way, CWolf - Your hypothesis has it exactly ass-backward. Cruz supporters won’t vote for Clinton if Trump is the nominee, as you claim. However, you can bet a substantial number of Trump supporters will end up voting for Hillary Clinton should Trump not gain the nomination - recall that a significant number of his supporters are DEMOCRATS!!.

I completely agree with the bolded and underlined segment at the end.

I remain unconvinced that the Democrats who are diligently trying to “help” Trump gain the nomination are doing so because they “like” him or believe he’ll make a good President, Doc. I’m more inclined to believe that their “support” is NOMINATION support which will disappear entirely IF he wins the nomination for the GOP candidacy. There have been vanishingly few conservative Democrats in recent years and I don’t think that Trump (regardless of his claims of conservatism) would attract real Democrats these days…at least not in the General Election. I think they know Trump will be easiest for Hillary to beat and that’s why they are crossing over in such numbers in open primaries to help his nomination. That crossover “support” will disappear come November.

PD - I’m sure there are those Democrats who have voted for Trump in the open primaries for the reason you suggest. The extent of their numbers are unknowable.

Regardless, the point is the same, as is the most likely outcome - Hillary will be VERY difficult to beat in November. Translation: She is the most likely winner.

UNLESS: She is indicted.

On the indictment front - I find it unimaginable that the FBI has not/will not come up with sufficient evidence to recommend to Obama’s Justice Department to indict.

That said, I think Obama has already been weighing the options: Does he nix the indictment and very publicly have an uprising on his hands within the FBI - one that would all but eliminate the possibility of Hillary being elected and carrying on his BS legacy - OR - does he allow the indictment to move forward and push Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren into the race and provide his legacy, BS though it is, a shot at being extended? (As an aside, let us not overlook the relatively strong showing of Bernie Sanders and the relative weakness of Hillary Clinton in the primaries and the role that could play in his decision-making equation). Could it be the weaker she looks, the quicker she is indicted and another candidate moved into place?

Given the conditions on the ground in this country and the Middle East and our free-falling influence everywhere under this Democrat POTUS, it is mind-numbing to contemplate that despite what should have been a slam dunk in November, we might very well be in for another 4 to 8 years of a Left-wing administration. Should that be the case, there will never be an opportunity to “walk it back”. There will be permanency canonized throughout our laws and within our institutions.