Tea party leader: Tea party the result of Republican failures under Bush

“The Tea Party movement would not exist today if the Republicans had not failed under the Bush years.” -Jamie Radtke

44 - Tea party leader: Tea party the result of Republican failures under Bush

It’s good to hear one of your own admit it. Obama wouldn’t be president either if it weren’t for certain people’s failures.

OK, now is where you call her a liberal and then end of conversation.

Grow up. We all know Bush’s failings.
The Tea Party is a result of 5 decades of irresponsibility. It is truly unfair to attribute all the country’s ills to Bush. A true Centrist would be behind RINOs like Bush. Liberals blame everything on Bush. Sure, he made errors, like everyone, but is 1000% better than what we have now.

I wasn’t aware of a leader of the Tea Party movement…

Fact is though that Bush initially tried to enact many conservative ideas, and they were shot down by congress, and John McCain’s gang of cronies out of anger at his defeat.

So, there is some truth to what this person is saying. But, it’s only a half truth.

Yes, it was a result of the events **under **GWB, but the blame was not **entirely **GWB’s.
Much of the TPM is directed at removing the Rino Cronies (the ones that thwarted GWB’s efforts), and a good deal of that was successful. We will continue in the next election.

Bush is partly responsible for the rise of the tea party movement, though it was also the Congress (R’s and D’s) who wouldn’t control spending. If Bush had been a stronger conservative, we might just call it “the Republican party”. The Democrats can’t escape blame either.

No. As a tea partier, GWB was NOT responsible. It was the spending and thefact that our own representatives IGNORED us and talked down to us. THAT is why.

This is news?

The Conservatives have been fighting for control of the GOP since the Reagan era. We have been using the term “RINO” for nearly two decades now.

This idiot really thinks he has had an epiphany in writing that the Tea Party is the result of Conservatives finally getting fed up with just having lip service paid to them in election seasons?

I wonder if his next article will “expose” that the New York Times has lost all credibility as a news source or that the Demoncrat Party has a Communist agenda.

You know, other things that everyone with an IQ higher than a salad has known for years.

**Jamie Radtke **U.S. Senate Candidate and Co-founder/former Chairwoman of the **Virginia Tea Party **Patriots

Although the Republicans in Congress had drifted toward the LEFT, Bush tried to avoid the housing crisis but Democrats saw that as a threat to THEIR source of public money to help them in elections.

New Agency Proposed to Oversee Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae

By STEPHEN LABATON
Published: [SIZE=“3”]September 11, 2003
Sign In to E-Mail

Print

Single-Page

WASHINGTON, Sept. 10 — The Bush administration today recommended the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry since the savings and loan crisis a decade ago.

New Agency Proposed to Oversee Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae - New York Times
[/SIZE]

‘‘These two entities – Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac – [SIZE=“3”]**are not facing any kind of financial crisis,’’ said Representative Barney Frank **of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. ‘‘The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.’’

Representative Melvin L. Watt, Democrat of North Carolina, agreed.[/SIZE]

Yep, exactly right.

Still waiting for those Right Wing calls for violence oh off centered1. Want some help, try Levin. He can go off at times. Not saying you’ll get anything solid, but you may be able to do a cut and paste job.

How many hours do you think he has spent Googling trying to find ANYTHING to back up his ridiculous statement by now?

I love the gentle reminders of your challenge by the way!

MIchael Savage… (although his outrage is fake, he’s a closet leftist).

Thank you! I doubt he’s done anything, or will.

This was a homework assignment from a couple weeks ago. He said “from where I sit it’s equal from both sides” or something to that effect. If he’s to lazy to back his statement up, I’m to lazy to find the exact quote.