Ted Cruz a Disgusting Hypocrite AGAIN on Texas Storm

Ted Cruz a Disgusting Hypocrite AGAIN on Texas Storm

Texas Senator Ted Cruz has been handling the snowstorms and power outages in his state as badly as anyone could. Cruz was sighted on a flight to Cancun over night, getting out of dodge rather than trying to help his constituents get the lights back on. He has however, reached out to the Biden administration to get federal aid money for his state. Cruz tweeted, “Today Senator @JohnCornyn & I sent a letter to President Biden urging for @GovAbbott’s emergency federal disaster declaration request to be approved amid severe winter storms across the State of Texas.” While it’s perfectly legitimate and reasonable for states to request federal assistance during natural disasters, Cruz has been in the habit of trying to block aid from going to different parts of the country for years, including blocking Hurricane Sandy relief efforts in 2013.

Yes, dumb move.

See Republicans criticize their own when they act like fat cat hypocrites. Republicans on Fox News said the same thing.

Democrats circle the wagons around their own, until the wagons are on fire, and they have no choice.

1 Like

nonsense.

Context:

“The accurate thing to say is that I and a number of others enthusiastically and emphatically supported hurricane relief for Sandy. Hurricane relief and disaster relief has been a vital federal role for a long, long time and it should continue,” he said. “The problem with that particular bill is it became a $50 billion bill that was filled with unrelated pork.

You can’t use the surface motive to coverup the bad actions behind the bill.

Pork is pork, speaking as someone who comes from Aerospace, I know this all too well.

1 Like

Cruz was pointing out one of the biggest problems with Congress. They take a necessary or popular piece of legislation and add unnecessary and often unrelated provisions to it in order to get that stuff passed. It’s one the reasons why the national debt is so high. Since the president does not have line item veto power, he must sign it if he is to get the good part enacted. This is yet another reason who the people give Congress approval ratings below 20%.

1 Like