Ted Cruz: Radical Islamism 'Will Not Be Appeased' ....

Go Ted!!! His message is loud and clear.

**Ted Cruz: Radical Islamism ‘Will Not Be Appeased,’ Allies of Jihadists ‘Signing Your Own Death Warrant’
Republican Presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) has released a statement on the Paris terror attacks making clear that radical Islamism “will not be appeased by outreach or declarations of tolerance” and that the United States “must make it crystal clear that affiliation with ISIS and related terrorist groups brings with it the undying enmity of America—that it is, in effect, signing your own death warrant.”

The full statement is as follows:

America must stand with our allies against the scourge of radical Islamic terrorism. This is an evil that does not discriminate between French, German or American, Christian, Muslim or Jew, soldier, football player, or concert goer. Their only goal is to murder those who do not submit to their vicious, totalitarian ideology. Our deepest condolences go out to our French allies, and I know the government of the United States stands by to offer any assistance necessary.

We must now face the facts. Between the downing of the Russian jet over Egypt and this massive coordinated attack on Paris, we are seeing an unmistakable escalation of ISIS’ ambitions and the scale of their terrorist attacks outside Syria and Iraq. Even as chaos rages in Paris, we need to take immediate, commonsense steps to preserve our own safety. We need to consult closely with our NATO allies who may be targeted for additional attacks. We need to immediately declare a halt to any plans to bring refugees that may have been infiltrated by ISIS to the United States. We need to redouble our efforts to prevent ISIS agents from penetrating our nation by other means.

Such steps, however, are defensive reactions to an enemy that will continue to try to attack us until they succeed once again. We must immediately recognize that our enemy is not ‘violent extremism.’ It is the radical Islamism that has declared jihad against the west. It will not be appeased by outreach or declarations of tolerance. It will not be deterred by targeted airstrikes with zero tolerance for civilian casualties, when the terrorists have such utter disregard for innocent life. We must make it crystal clear that affiliation with ISIS and related terrorist groups brings with it the undying enmity of America—that it is, in effect, signing your own death warrant.

Ted Cruz: Radical Islamism ‘Will Not Be Appeased’

I agree. Since the inception of Islam this “religion” has tried to take over others and they have a history of doing so even when we were a fledgling nation and continue to do so today. Islam is a religion of death. This religion has encountered changes just like other religions with sects developing which flee from the main branch to form their own values such as we saw with Conservative Libertarian’s wife.

While we discuss the latest atrocities from this “religion of peace” we seldom point out the obvious that we mean not all embrace the philosophies of these animals bent on killing or converting others. These “radical” individuals even go after their own fighters if they cross some imaginary line. It seems daily one hears from some Iman with his latest fatwa or condemnation of what ever he thinks will fly.

[quote=“samspade, post:2, topic:47706”]
I agree. Since the inception of Islam this “religion” has tried to take over others and they have a history of doing so even when we were a fledgling nation and continue to do so today. Islam is a religion of death. This religion has encountered changes just like other religions with sects developing which flee from the main branch to form their own values such as we saw with Conservative Libertarian’s wife.

While we discuss the latest atrocities from this “religion of peace” we seldom point out the obvious that we mean not all embrace the philosophies of these animals bent on killing or converting others. These “radical” individuals even go after their own fighters if they cross some imaginary line. It seems daily one hears from some Iman with his latest fatwa or condemnation of what ever he thinks will fly.
[/quote] Sounds like another religion I know of… Now what was its name again? I think it starts with a ‘C’…

Your comment might have a point, were this the 15th, 16th, or 17th Centuries. But that was almost half a millennium ago. Do you need to turn a “few” calendar pages?

Isn’t your ax ground down to the haft, yet?

I love to smell napalm in the morning and see your post as the usual misdirection to somehow claim the christians are killing in the same view we are seeing a current "religion"is doing. Not buying.

Ted Cruz is pointing out nothing that several other candidates haven’t stated themselves. The area in which Cruz, Rubio and Fiorina distinguish themselves is stating their opposition to allowing ME refugees into the US - however, Cruz does note he would allow ME Christians refuge in the USA.

Ted, how do we determine who is a Christian and who is not?

The best plan is to assist in establishing and maintaining refugee camps in the ME.

I guess that he could ask Obama.

[quote=“PeteS_in_CA, post:4, topic:47706”]
Your comment might have a point, were this the 15th, 16th, or 17th Centuries. But that was almost half a millennium ago. Do you need to turn a “few” calendar pages?

Isn’t your ax ground down to the haft, yet?
[/quote] Really? Was Ireland NOT in the 1990’s and was it not (regardless of your guys’ claim that it was over politics) Catholics and Protestants killing each other using suicide bombings? How about Rwanda? Weren’t the Hutu Christians and weren’t they committing genocide against the Tutsi? And his comment was about the ENTIRE history of Islam, look at the ENTRIRE history of Christianity then say I have an ax to grind. The first thing Christianity did after taking power was to do EXACTLY the opposite of what Jesus said to do. They turned around and got revenge and started killing people, that continued almost unabated until the 17th Century when it MOSTLY went away, but there were still groups throughout the next 400 years that STILL killed because of religion. (See the Mormon Persecution of the 1800s… The ‘Manifest Destiny’ in the US against the Native Americans until almost the 1900’s…)

And its good to see you are still so biased that you can’t admit that Christians are still doing wrong to this day and that some are no different than the Radical Muslims you (and others) claim are all Muslims. (I really don’t care if that is what you FULLY said, your meaning is crystal clear regardless of your ‘word smithing’ so you don’t break the forum rules) Course, to be fair, I’ve changed a little over the last several months. I use the term ‘Christian’ for those people and the rest of you because that is what most of you consider yourselves. I don’t consider most of you (or them) to be Christian (Christ like or a Follower of Christ), I consider them and most of you to be Peterians or Paulians (Peter-like or Paul-like, followers of Peter or Paul). When it comes to a choice between following Christ’s words and examples or that of Peter and/or Paul (especially when they contradict) most of you chose not Christ but Peter and Paul to follow. And I can prove it. Therefore, as far as me using the term Christian, its simply because its what you consider yourselves and the people we are talking about to be, not because that is what they truly are or what I consider them to be.

Get the giant redwood out of your own eye…

I thought [Insult deleted by PeteS] had been banned.

[quote=“Fantasy_Chaser, post:9, topic:47706”]
Get the giant redwood out of your own eye…
[/quote] FC, grab a clue, I’m doing EXACTLY what that passage says, I’m judging Christianity (all of it, even you Peterians and Paulians) by the same measure I’m judging Islam. So, you take the giant redwood out of your eye and tell me, why are all Muslims considered evil by you guys for some attempting genocide, but all Christians (The Huttu for example) aren’t evil for some attempting genocide? Answer that before you say I’m judging others by a deferent measure than the measure by which I judge myself.

That example is pretty disingenuous; the massacre had nothing to do with Christian theology or religious division.

It’d be more germane to mention the Holocaust; at least the groundwork for that was built on far older antipathy with the Jews that started back in Luther’s time.

[quote=“Alaska_Slim, post:12, topic:47706”]
That example is pretty disingenuous; the massacre had nothing to do with Christian theology or religious division.

It’d be more germane to mention the Holocaust; at least the groundwork for that was built on far older antipathy with the Jews that started back in Luther’s time.
[/quote] And you don’t think the antipathy with the Muslims (which is what the Tutsi’s were) had anything to do with the attempted genocide by the Huttu’s? AS, I generally respect your posts (even if I don’t necessarily agree with them), but your comment is incredibly naïve.

Sorry but the Tutsi are Christian: RELIGION: Christianity combined with traditional beliefs

Tutsi - Introduction, Location, Language, Folklore, Religion, Major holidays, Rites of passage

The Tutsi/Huttu “war” was simple TRIBALISM and didn’t have anything to do with religious differences.

Both groups claimed to be Christian, and indeed, there were many Christians among them.

It seems some posters here have a beef with conservatism ?

[quote=“Skeptic, post:14, topic:47706”]
Sorry but the Tutsi are Christian: RELIGION: Christianity combined with traditional beliefs

Tutsi - Introduction, Location, Language, Folklore, Religion, Major holidays, Rites of passage
[/quote] Some where Christian, others were Muslim. And so what if the Tutsi were Christian and/or Muslim? The point is that the Huttu (a Christian group) tried to commit Genocide, but not all Christians are considered evil because of it, but the so-called Christians of this forum seem to think all Muslims are evil because some Muslims (by no means all or even a majority) are trying to commit genocide. Judge by the same measure as which you judge people. If ‘all Muslims’ are evil because some are trying to commit genocide, then what does that mean about all Christians?

You made the point the Tutsi were Muslim and in so doing questioned the honesty of another member here. You were wrong.

Christians are mostly beyond the 19th Century , Islam is pre 7th Century