Term Limits - Vince Flynn

**TERM LIMITS (1997) **(not part of the Mitch Rapp series)
In one bloody night, three of Washington’s most powerful politicians are executed with surgical precision. Their assassins then deliver a shocking ultimatum to the American government: set aside partisan politics and restore power to the people. No one, they warn, is out of their reach – not even the president.

Term Limits is a thriller about Skip McMahon, FBI agent, and Michael O’Rourke, first term congressman, linking up to solve the murders of several powerful and nefarious US politicians. A seemingly rogue band of US patriots threatens to take down the US government one politician at a time unless the govt stops “business as usual”, pork-barrel politics. High tech military and government jargon turns up the volume on realism for the pro-American hunters and the hunted on both sides of the sniper’s rifle. McMahon, a no-nonsense FBI agent uses his skills, connections with the military and gut checking instinct to link the murders together. One term Congressman Michael O’Rourke is torn between serving the country he loves and serving the hunters who seek to eliminate the greasy politicians who are burying the country under a mountain of debt.

Sounds exciting. Not sure I want to read something that has got to be terribly high pitched, though.

I wouldn’t know who to root for.

Yeah, that, too.

Term Limits is the first of a series by Vince Flynn. Flynn is one of my favorite authors and I have read this series several times. Scott Coleman is a great character in Term Limits and has a role in several other books in the series. Mitch Rapp is awesome. He isn’t in Term Limits, but is in the rest of the series.

I have read several of the Mitch Rapp books. My personal favorite is the one where the terrorists take over the White House and Rapp eliminates them. I also like the one that begins when the Israeli undercover Massad agent blows up the Iranian nuke facility. I think that one was written around 2008 or 2009…Pretty relevant in 2012.

My problem is I haven’t read these novels in chronological order of writing. There are a few in the middle that I missed.