Termmostat went out

It looks like I have to replace the furnace thermostat. I think one with an easy read will do. I do not need one of those programable ones.

I used to have a programmable thermostat. It worked for over 10 years. It was great when I was single and not at home much. I could program it for a whole week while I was on business travel. But, I simply didn’t need a programmable one anymore. I had the old one set on direct entry control for my wife. It was too complicated for her to operate. When I got a new one, it simply had a temperature display, and a hot/cold/off switch. Yoiu can get one for about $20-$25.

Programmable ones have their place, but it’s cheaper to maintain a steady heat level then to constantly cycle up and down. When you let all your furniture and belongings cool through, it takes a lot to warm them back up.

And does anything work in your house except you Sam? Seems like once a month something breaks down lol

[quote=“tperkins, post:3, topic:33463”]
Programmable ones have their place, but it’s cheaper to maintain a steady heat level then to constantly cycle up and down. When you let all your furniture and belongings cool through, it takes a lot to warm them back up.

And does anything work in your house except you Sam? Seems like once a month something breaks down lol
[/quote]No everything works fine, being a DIYer I look for things to do. I also maintain a couple of other homes belonging to family and friends.

One thing I have gained experience in is diagnosing a problem and work through it rather than call a repairman which can be expensive.

I don’t know if you have fixed it yet. But like the others have said they are relatively cheap and pretty easy to install. The one at my house has went out twice (we think, could have been other problems) in the past 4 years.