'Thank you'

Did the function ‘Thank you’ go away with the newer versions of vb?
I liked it as it lets you make a positive comment and not have to post!

I would like to see it brought back.
That said

I see no need to display stats on how many times you have been thanked or thanked.[LEFT][/LEFT]

Goodness, I’ve been posting on vbulletin forums for years, and I never saw such a function.

Yea, version 3.8.7 has a ‘thank you’ button down by the Reply, Reply with quote, edit etc. Click on it and a space just below that post appears and your screen name in a thank you space…

It wasn’t updated for this version of Vbulletin. I managed to find a version close and get it to work. Give it a shot and let me know what you think.

Cool feature

I’m enjoying this feature a lot. It gives me a chance to say, “yeah that, good post” on a lot of things where I’d just normally think I’ve got nothing I think is meaningful to contribute and not bother posting. And it cuts down on those times where I want to post a “yeah that.”

Hey, thanks for the feedback!

Just yesterday I was looking at the stats and wondering what people thought about it.

Nice suggestion 17Oaks

Is there a way to see statistics? Incoming and outgoing thanks at a user level?

And what have the stats been like overall?

It’s on the user profile page, but appears to be partially broken.

I made some reports from the DB to get an overall picture. I’ll share some stats soon. A lot of people are using it though.

But I like

I like the thank you function.

I get little pm’s telling me when people like me. That’s much better than all the death threats and hatemail I usually get.

Here’s a graph showing posts and thanks per day for the last couple weeks:

The orange is number of Thanks per day and the blue is number of Posts per day. Both are growing, but it’s too soon to tell if the trend will continue – but I hope it does.

Overall, the forum is doing well. I’ve been analyzing RO’s activity with this cool vBulletin analytic software (where I got that graph from): vBMetrics vBulletin Forum Analytics - Grow Your Community

[quote=“WhoIsJohnGalt, post:12, topic:36457”]
Here’s a graph showing posts and thanks per day for the last couple weeks:

The orange is number of Thanks per day and the blue is number of Posts per day. Both are growing, but it’s too soon to tell if the trend will continue – but I hope it does.

Overall, the forum is doing well. I’ve been analyzing RO’s activity with this cool vBulletin analytic software (where I got that graph from): vBMetrics vBulletin Forum Analytics - Grow Your Community
[/quote]Being Really, Really new here … How many Thanks do I need to get a new pony?:awkward:

95 for a pony. 1,000 for an armor plated rhino-dragon.