The ACLU's Unholy War on Catholic Hospitals

Ho, ho, ho! Just in time for Christmas, the American Civil Liberties Union has launched a new salvo against people of faith. Even as billions around the world celebrate the birth of Christ, joyless, abortion-obsessed secularists never take a holiday.
On Wednesday, the ACLU sent a letter to federal health officials urging the government to force Catholic hospitals in the U.S. to perform abortions in violation of their core moral commitment to protecting the lives of the unborn. They’re counting on sympathetic Obama rationing czar Donald Berwick – a recess appointee whose radical views on wealth and health redistribution were never vetted by Congress – to dictate which religious principles hospital operators can and cannot follow.

The ACLU’s Unholy War on Catholic Hospitals - Michelle Malkin - Townhall Conservative

It was only a matter of time before the ACLU showed Americans their true colors once again.

The ACLU wants to turn this country into another Soviet Union.

Two ironic words: John Galt. Some may knuckle under, but the predictable outcome of this is serious, pervasive, disruption of health care availability, especially for women. When good people are driven out of a business sector or profession, guess what remains.

Largest ACLU supporter has cash flow problem and reduces contributions. :grin:

STATEMENT BY DAVID GELBAUM
FOR USE BY ORGANIZATIONS
FACING LARGEST REDUCTIONS IN HIS DONATIONS
December 9, 2009

I understand that you have reached a point in your relations with your supporters and the general public where it would be important to reveal my identity as your largest anonymous donor.

The situation is this. For a number of years, your organization has received very substantial charitable contributions from me. I am willing to be publicly named now because my investments in alternative, clean energy companies have placed me in a highly [SIZE=“3”]illiquid position as a result of the general credit crisis in the American and world financial systems.

Largest Anonymous ACLU Donor Reveals Identity And Reaffirms Support For Organization | American Civil Liberties Union

[/SIZE]

It’s not the usual drive of choice for [SIZE=“3”]wealthy former hedge fund managers like David Gelbaum. Then again, there’s not much that is business as usual about Mr. Gelbaum, an intensely private person who happens to be one of the nation’s largest — and largely unknown — green technology investors and environmental philanthropists.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/09/business/09green.html
[/SIZE]

Poor baby.