The "base" of the Republican party is going with Trump

For whatever reason…for better or worse…Trump has won. Time to admit defeat for those of us who opposed his will.

I don’t know about the base. Trump is supported by the low-information, less-intelligent voters. I say voters, but a lot of them don’t vote.

I don’t believe he will be the nominee.

All Establishment GOP apologists consider the Republican “Base” to be ignorant buffoons, they only consider those indoctrinated to extreme leftist ideas as “Enlightened”.

A piece of paper does not denote intelligence. Someone with a degree in journalism is not automatically more intelligent than a boilermaker or electrician. In fact i would say the opposite is true

Trump is a buffoon and so are the majority of his supporters. I interact with dozens of them on a daily basis online. He stands for nothing, his supporters have no attachment to any sort of principles, and they support him for irrational reasons. No other candidate has a legion of followers who live in mass delusion, cannot spell, and cannot operate with basic logic.

Jimmy Kimmel did a good job showing just how shallow Trump is. The sad part is that people take him at face value.

In general people who go to college are more intelligent than those who don’t. But you are right, it isn’t always the case. My basis for viewing Trump voters as unintelligent and uninformed is based on my personal interactions, and their tendency to swoon over propaganda that should insult their intelligence.

The question people should be asking is, just what would a Trump presidency look like? Even many of his supporters don’t know or can’t trust him as he is a great salesman, this time the stakes are much higher than the default on a loan.

Flip: Trump calls for taking in Syrian refugees - POLITICO
Flop: Donald Trump: Ban all Muslim travel to U.S. - CNNPolitics.com

Flip: Trump: Romney’s Self-Deportation Policy Was ‘Mean-Spirited,’ Doesn’t Support Restricting Legal Immigration Further - Breitbart
Flop: Donald Trumps immigration plan: Mass deportation - POLITICO
Flip: Trump would let illegals back in on expedited basis

Flip: Donald Trump Suggests Support of Some Federal Funding for Planned Parenthood - ABC News
Flop: Donald Trump: “Planned Parenthood Should Absolutely be De-Funded” | LifeNews.com

So your argument is an ad hominem attack with people whom don’t hold your opinion?

You must be extremely pleasant in real life.

If the base of the GOP is going with Trump, then the base of the GOP consists of fools.

I’ve never before considered the base of the GOP to be fools.

Hi guys… Trump gets support for two reasons, when he talks about trade agreements and using his experience as a deal maker and negotiator he comes across as supremely confident. With all the jobs that have gone overseas he is the only candidate talking who seems believable when saying he can bring some of them back. The other reason he gets support is precisely because he is politically incorrect. People are tired of it. These are at least legitimate reasons to support the man. Calling him a buffoon and calling his supporters ignorant, while perhaps true, is also ignorant. He is hitting a nerve. Understanding that is important.

[quote=“Bigfoot_88, post:6, topic:47960”]
In general people who go to college are more intelligent than those who don’t. But you are right, it isn’t always the case.
[/quote] It isn’t even MOSTLY the case, Bigfoot. I’ve dealt with literally thousands of people in my lifetime and I can assure you that some of the LEAST intelligent people I’ve met are those will college degrees–especially those who got that degree within the past 30 years or so. And, it seems that the LEAST intelligent are those who’ve earned a PhD. They may be considered “experts” in their field of study, but by in large, they lack the common sense it would take to pour “water” out of their own boots.

My basis for viewing Trump voters as unintelligent and uninformed is based on my personal interactions, and their tendency to swoon over propaganda that should insult their intelligence.
Your “personal interactions” are pretty flimsy excuses for labeling Trump supporters as “unintelligent” or “uninformed,” Bigfoot. Especially since you claim they are mostly on-line “interactions.”

Sure you have, Jazzhead. You CONSTANTLY claim that social conservatives–which constitute most of the “base” of the GOP–are morons or worse.

Here is a tip, when calling "the majority" of a group of people "buffoons" you should refrain from justifying that accusation by saying that you ***“interact with dozens of them online daily”***.

I bet if you think about it a little you will understand why your comment says more about your mental acumen than the people which you were seeking to disparage.

Yes but we were not talking about Paul so why bring him up?

True, but again I ask; why bring Paul into the discussion?

Here is a tip, when accusing "a majority" of people who support a candidate of being "ignorant, unprincipled buffoons" you should refrain from utilizing skits from late night comedy/talk show hosts as source material.

I bet if you think about it a little you will understand why your comment says more about your mental acumen than the people which you were seeking to disparage.

I know you want to be clever, but the truth is I interact in many conservative/Republican groups in order to persuade and discuss. Most Tea Party groups have been hijacked by supporters of a man who would have nothing to do with the principles of the Tea Party.

Yes but we were not talking about Paul so why bring him up?

True, but again I ask; why bring Paul into the discussion?

Poll: Less-educated Republicans love Trump the most | Sun Times National

Here is a tip, when accusing "a majority" of people who support a candidate of being "ignorant, unprincipled buffoons" you should refrain from utilizing skits from late night comedy/talk show hosts as source material.

The skit was spot-on with it’s parody, as anyone familiar with Trump would know. Try reading his Twitter his feed or watching a speech won’t you.

So…You choose to defend your position by posting more links; why am I not shocked.

I am perfectly capable of discussing every point of praise or criticism that I have for Trump or any other candidate, I do not need Jimmy Kimmel, Frank Luntz or any Washington Post editorial author to speak for me.

You characterize Trump and his supporters as “ignorant, unprincipled, uninformed buffoons” while simultaneously counting on Establishment GOP hacks, Leftist Editorial Writers and late night comedians to make your case for you.

Do you still not see a problem with any of that?

(Oops. I see this has already been addressed.)