The Case Against Trump

Call me desperate, but I really really really don’t want Trump to be our party’s nominee. I know I’m gonna p*ss many people off on this forum, but a man’s got to do what a man’s got to do…

I am listing in this thread the things that I’ve learned about Trump that I think any Republicans should consider before he/she casts their vote for Trump. I just want to make sure Trump supporters know these things …

To the moderators …

I’d appreciate it if you could give me a warning before you ban me. I was once banned from a so-called “Conservative forum” without any warning whatsoever, just because I posted many negative facts about Trump even though I watched my language. I thought it was so cowardly of them …

Trump is a hate-monger demagogue.

Shortly before the Mesa event, Trump had pledged to kill the families of suspected terrorists to deter them from attacking America. “When you get these terrorists,” Trump said, “you have to take out their families.”

O’Reilly, at the event, asked Trump if he was serious. Trump said yes – and the crowd roared their approval.
O’Reilly still couldn’t believe that Trump would “put out hits on women and children” if he were elected. Trump replied, “I would do pretty severe stuff.” The Mesa crowd erupted in applause. “Yeah, baby!” a man yelled.

The reporter at the rally said:
“I had never previously been to a political event at which people cheered for the murder of women and children.”

Donald Trump said he’d kill terrorists’ families at a rally. His crowd went wild. - Vox

Trump “had to think about” if he wanted to denounce the worst hate-group in American history or not, because, for Trump, getting more votes is way more important than standing up to the hate group.

Trump Refuses To Condemn David Duke, The KKK And ‘White Supremacist’ Supporters [VIDEO]
Donald Trump Won’t Condemn KKK, Says He ‘Knows Nothing About White Supremacists’ : The Two-Way : NPR

Trump: I don’t know what group you’re talking about. You wouldn’t want me to condemn a group that I know nothing about. … If you would send me a list of the groups, I will do research on them and certainly I would disavow them if I thought there was something wrong.

Tapper: The Ku Klux Klan?

Trump: You may have groups in there that are totally fine and it would be very unfair. So give me a list of the groups and I’ll let you know.

Tapper: I’m just talking about David Duke and the Ku Klux Klan here.

Trump: Honestly, I don’t know David Duke.

But the thing is …**

Trump does know who David Duke is, however. In 2000, when he said he would not seek the Reform Party nomination, Trump said that the party was too splintered to successfully back a presidential candidate.

“As you know, the Reform Party has got some pretty big problems,” Trump said on World News Now in 2000. “Not the least of which is Pat Buchanan, David Duke, Fulani, and it’s a problem.”

Trump also wrote in the New York Times, “Although I am totally comfortable with the people in the New York Independence Party, I leave the Reform Party to David Duke, Pat Buchanan and Lenora Fulani. That is not company I wish to keep.”

Many Trump supporters say they like him because he is not a “politician” and will be fresh air to the Washington atmosphere … but I totally disagree.

I think Trump is no different, or even worse than most career politicians. He changes his mind “completely” depending on what works best for him at that time.

Here’s an example of how easily Trump changes his opinion:

Donald Trump slammed Hillary Clinton by citing her husband’s history of marital infidelity and alleged sexual misconduct.

Trump tweeted:
“Hillary Clinton has announced that she is letting her husband out to campaign but HE’S DEMONSTRATED A PENCHANT FOR SEXISM, so inappropriate!”

Though Trump has been on a week-long tear against Bill Clinton, accusing him of having a “terrible record of women abuse,” CNN unearthed a 2008 interview with Trump in which he called the scandals “TOTALLY UNIMPORTANT.”

Trump dismissed the impeachment effort brought on by Clinton’s affair with Monica Lewinsky as “NONSENSE.”

Trump is a fake Republican.

Donald Trump Donated Heavily To Democrats, Especially During Election Which Put Reid And Pelosi In Power
Donald Trump Has Donated Heavily To Democrats In The Past | The Daily Caller

One way to get a handle on the Trump’s political leanings is to look at his overall contributions. It’s true that he gives money to both Democrats and Republicans, however, it should be noted that his Republican donation leanings began in 2012 (when he started thinking of running for Prez and using the GOP as a stage for his publicity stunt? I wonder)… Before that year, the majority of his cash went to Democrat candidates.

Trump has donated about 105K to the Clinton Global Initiative. He also donated 50K to Rahm Emanuel’s Chicago mayoral campaign. Do you think he really holds Conservative values dear to his heart??

Giving money to “Clinton” and “Emanuel”, the champions of the far-left, is one of the worst crimes a Republican can commit against his party.

Do you know that Trump did 180 on immigration?

Trump supported path to citizenship, said Romney was “mean-spirited” on immigration | RedState

Trump Hired Polish Illegal Immigrants to Build Trump Tower | The Weekly Standard

Blog: Trump says illegal workers make his American resorts great

Trump’s modeling agency broke immigration laws, attorneys say - Mar. 10, 2016

**Trump can say such a dumb thing while he calls others stupid all the time. **

Donald Trump responded to a 2002 clip where he said he supported the Iraq war, a war he says he does not support now. Trump says he can’t explain exactly what he meant about Iraq in a 2002 radio interview with Howard Stern. When asked by NBC’s Chuck Todd to explain, he said:

“Well, what I mean by that is it almost shouldn’t have been done. And you know, I really don’t even know what I mean, because that was a long time ago, and who knows what was in my head. I think that it wasn’t done correctly. In retrospect, it [the Iraq War] shouldn’t have been done at all.”

Trump on 2002 Iraq comments: ‘Who knows what was in my head’ -

The Donald vs Trump

There is not 1 single Trump supporter who will leave him based on the facts about who he is and has always been, to stop a Trump nomination will require ending the flirtation with Kasich and Rubio to vote for the only other option that has a chance to beat Trump to 1237 Delegates; that is Ted Cruz.

Vote for Cruz or accept Trump, those are the options; educating voters about Trump has already happened and about 35 percent of the GOP have said “sounds great to us”

The reason I’m so adamantly against Trump is because I believe he started his presidential campaign as a total PR gig. He loves the attention and “needs” the attention for his business.

He is using his presidential campaign for media exposure to gain more recognition. Now that “The Apprentice” doesn’t enjoy the attention it used to, he needed to do something to stay relevant in the media.

His aspiration for running for presidency is not out of the love of this country, or wanting to serve the public, but out of his ego of increasing his reputation and gaining adulation. So that he’ll make more profit by selling his books or whatever in the future.

Sorry, but I don’t take direction from you.

This may be the first election in a long while that I may actually sit out, if Trump is the GOP nominee, even if that means Hillary wins.

If Hillary gets elected this year, the GOP will have another shot in four years with a much much much better candidate. But if Trump gets elected and continues to display hatred toward minorities and say stupid barbaric things like “When you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families…”, The Republicans’ image will be forever tarnished and also America will lose respect from other countries, thus Dems are gonna take back the White House easily in four years anyway … and the GOP won’t ever be able to take it back again for a long long time.

The math is the math, with 4 candidates drawing votes Trump will win the nomination; everyone is certainly free to ignore the math but the math will not care.

[quote=“Jo_Lux, post:9, topic:48443”]
Sorry, but I don’t take direction from you.
[/quote]You don’t take direction from RET? Really? The guy agrees with you. He suggested you vote for Cruz. Did you not read what he wrote? Are you objecting to Cruz too?

Anyway, this is a political discussion forum. It comes with suggestions about what you ought to do. My goodness, your doing it. Shall we respond the same way and say, “We don’t take direction from you”?

Not a great start. Perhaps, Donald Trump is not the reason you were banned at this other forum.

Please try again, and welcome.

Also, please don’t post many times in a row. Put your thoughts into a single post.

I think I was banned because I told them that they should rename their forum as “who cares about principles, we just wanna win” forum …

Trump supporters LOVE him for bluntly speaking his mind and his attitude of “getting in your face”. I’m just doing the same. But Trump and his supporters don’t like having a dose of their own medicine … Just sayin’

BTW, we can’t win with Trump anyway. And Cruz’s favorability doesn’t look that good either.

Trump’s Image Among Democrats, Independents Most Negative of Any GOP Candidate

But Kasich can win against Hillary easily. Among all voters, Kasich performs the best out of the top four Republicans in a hypothetical head-to-head match-up with Democrat Hillary Clinton. More than 49 percent of voters say they would choose him, while 38 percent say they would vote for Clinton.

John Kasich best Republican to beat Hillary Clinton this fall, USA TODAY poll says

Welcome. I prefer to not get into discussions within the introduction forum.

He probably started it here since he didn’t have enough posts to start a thread elsewhere when he started it. Perhaps the thread should be moved to an appropriate forum.

I would suggest that you NOT take “predictions” by a left-wing “news” source as your rationale for casting your vote. Kasich CANNOT win the nomination so whether or not he can beat Hillary is totally immaterial. He’d have to win 75% of ALL the remaining delegates to do it and that simply AIN’T gonna happen! He should bow out and endorse the ONLY candidate who has a chance of beating Trump…Ted Cruz. In ANY debate between Cruz and Hillary, Cruz would sweep the floor with her.

Welcome to RO.

One of your points against Trump is that he is not really a Republican. Don’t forget that Governor Kasich has stated: “I ought to be running in a Democrat primary.” His stated positions on amnesty and enforcing existing law make it abundantly clear that this was more than a joke. Trump’s history of supporting democrats and Republicans (often in the same race) is due to the fact that he was a businessman not a politician. Ronald Reagan was a long time democrat and that conflict with his first wife, Jane Wyman, contributed to their divorce.

Regarding electability: Head to head polls don’t mean much before Labor Day. Despite increased election interest this year, most voters are not paying attention and the none of the GOP candidates are really in attack mode against Hillary, yet. If the nominee, I don’t believe that Kasich would get down and dirty against Hillary. He would conduct a losing campaign just like McCain and Romney.

Many think Cruz is the best chance. Unfortunately he is unlikely to win anything other than deep Red states. The democrats will emphasize his extreme religious views which doesn’t hurt him in GOP primaries but will have a big impact in the general election.

You should also consider that Trump is actually broadening the GOP base as evidenced by tens of thousands of democrats switching party affiliation to vote for him in primaries. They are the tip of the iceberg.

I am not telling you who to support, we must each judge the candidates real intentions (which often are not their stated intentions), their character, experience, electability and ability to get results. Cherry picked sound bites from unscripted political rallies and rigid ideology might not be the best method; at least not for me. I am ok with someone a little rough around the edges.

What “extreme religious views” are those, OD? That homosexual behavior is sinful and we ought NOT to be celebrating it or lionizing those who practice it?

I have no problem with people who believe that abortion is murder (in many cases I agree) or homosexual behaviour is sinful (I think it is a mental disorder, whatever). The American electorate has a problem with someone who wears their religion on their sleeve. The American electorate (and me) has a problem with forcing a rape victim to carry that pregnancy to term. This will be continually pushed in the voter’s face when/if Senator Cruz is the nominee. I would still enthusiastically support Cruz if he became nominee as I believe that sort of prohibition is impossible to implement in modern America.

They don’t seem to have a problem with Muslims.