The Deck Is Done!! (And It Was Easy) 8)

If you will remember, I had asked folks what they thought was the easiest way to stain all of the pickets/spindles on my deck?

I found the answer … which I will share below.

This deck, even though it looks it in the pictures is NOT small.

(It measures just over 200 square feet.)

Two of the pictures (bottom) show my unfinished rear steps (doing this weekend).

I included the pictures to show exactly what the wood deck looked like before the staining.

(The ‘Unfinished’)

Okay, as promised … my secret to getting all those pickets/spindles and deck done quickly?

My Better-half did it! :banana:

1 Like

Very nice!

[quote=“sillipuddi, post:1, topic:41026”]
If you will remember, I had asked folks what they thought was the easiest way to stain all of the pickets/spindles on my deck?

I found the answer … which I will share below.

This deck, even though it looks it in the pictures is NOT small.

(It measures just over 200 square feet.)

Okay, as promised … my secret to getting all those pickets/spindles and deck done quickly?

My Better-half did it! :banana:
[/quote]Payback will be a beach :devil:

Very good job. I approve:biggrin:

no more do it yourselfers? I should show you my yard but it is a work in progress and as an old man I am not as quick any more. We took this house because it had a yard but a massive mound of cat briar was covering a large area in the center of the back yard, We got the cat briar off [ and in the process found I react to cat briar like poison Ivy] and found 8’high azaleas all colors. these have not been cared for in years and have root run . We are in the process of hacking them all down to the root. 1 has already grown up to 4’ within 3 months. need to dig others out. there is still overrun sections on both back corners. azaleas there too with the beloved cat briar. man that stuff is awful. In case some are not familiar with it, it is a thorny vine with white corms throughout the ground, near impossible to kill.
[ by the way we rent, in that at my age it would be near impossible to buy]

1 Like

I have been building a gate for under a deck so the owner can get under it to cut the occasional vegetation that manages to get started in the rocks under the deck. This entails removing some of the pickets so I can install the gate which will swing inward and have a simple latch to hold it shut.