The Democratic Platform

Here are just some snippets of the 2016 Democrat Platform. It is pages long, so I’ve just taken a few items from the first few pages. If you want to make yourself sick, read the whole thing. WOW!!! It’s everything you would expect from a real maggot-gagger.

If Hitlery wins, get ready for trouble. Abe had a brighter future when he picked up his tickets at the box office.

I would put each item into one of five categories:

1. An item Hitlery wants to implement, and if congressional approval is necessary, congress CAN’T or WON’T block it.

2. An item Hitlery wants to implement, and she can do so WITHOUT congressional approval.

3. An item Hitlery wants to implement, but congressional approval is necessary and congress BLOCKS it.

4. An item Hitlery wants to implement, but congressional approval is necessary and congress amends it before passing it.

5. An item Hitlery DOES NOT WANT TO IMPLEMENT.

OK . . . here they are:

And we know that our nation’s long struggle with race is far from over. More than half a century after Rosa Parks sat and Dr. King marched and John Lewis bled, more than half a century after César Chávez, Dolores Huerta, and Larry Itliong organized, race still plays a significant role in determining who gets ahead in America and who gets left behind. We must face that reality and we must fix it.
Ahhh . . . the race card is alive and well in the Dem platform. This would be the “Black Lives Matter” item. I would put this in category 1, 2, or 4, depending on what she tries.

We firmly believe that the greed, recklessness, and illegal behavior on Wall Street must be brought to an end. Wall Street must never again be allowed to threaten families and businesses on Main Street.
I’ll call this the “Bernie Sanders trade-off.” I would put this firmly in category 5.

Democrats believe that climate change poses a real and urgent threat to our economy, our national security, and our children’s health and futures, and that Americans deserve the jobs and security that come from becoming the clean energy superpower of the 21st century.
Wouldn’t be a Dem platform without a nod to Al Gore. Waddya’ wanna’ bet that the Clinton Foundation invests heavily in “green energy”? I would put this in category 1, 2, or 4, depending on what she tries.

These principles stand in sharp contrast to the Republicans, who have nominated as the standard-bearer for their party and their candidate for President a man who seeks to appeal to Americans’ basest differences, rather than our better natures.
This is just a gratuitous statement . . . nothing to implement. I haven’t looked at it in detail yet, but I’m wondering if the GOP Platform has a statement like, " . . . in sharp contrast to the Democrats, who have nominated as the standard-bearer for their party and their candidate for President a woman who is a pathological liar and a criminal who seeks only to make money from the office for her and her husband . . ."

Democrats believe that the current minimum wage is a starvation wage and must be increased to a living wage. No one who works full time should have to raise a family in poverty. We believe that Americans should earn at least $15 an hour
The minimum wage kings and queens at McDonald’s will love this one. If she does this one, get ready for your hamburgers to go for 20 bucks or so a pop.

When the price of labor goes up, employers buy less of it, ergo less jobs. Example, self-checkout stands at grocery stores. H-E-L-L-O-OOOOO!

Geezz, even my 7 year old grandson could figure this out. What? Are the Dems that stupid or are they just pandering to a demograhic? (Rhetorical question.)

I would put this in category 1, 2, or 4, depending on what she tries.

We also support creating one fair wage for all workers by ending the sub-minimum wage for tipped workers
"tipped workers"? A nod to Harry Reid’s SEIU. If she does this one, you won’t be going to the coffee shops in Vegas for a cheap meal. I would put this in category 1, 2, or 4, depending on what she tries.

Democrats believe we are stronger when we protect citizens’ right to vote, while stopping corporations’ outsized influence in elections. We will fight to end the broken campaign finance system, overturn the disastrous Citizens United decision, restore the full power of the Voting Rights Act, and return control of our elections to the American people.
Coupla’ things on this.

First, we already discussed on RO here the “right” to vote in another thread: http://www.republicanoperative.com/forums/f10/how-democrat-machine-rigging-elections-51261/ . We beat that one to death, and the consensus was that voting IS NOT a right, but rather a privilege, and voter ID requirements are needed to prevent fraud. There was one dissenting member … . one of our liberals, of course.

In any case, the “right” to vote for EVERYONE in the US has been a perpetual claim of Dems, and when Clinton gets this one we will have convicted felons AND illegal immigrants voting . . . all voting Dem of course.

Now the Citizens United decision was a Supreme Court judgement in favor of Citizen’s United (a conservative group) that was related to campaign financing and corporations (google it . . . it was a complex issue too lengthy to discuss here, so I’m going to distill it here and leave a lot out.)

One of the issues decided by the court in this case was the right of Citizens United to air a flim titled “Hillary: The Movie” in broadcasts or paying to have it shown on television within 30 days of the 2008 Democratic primaries. The film is, of course, unflattering to Clinton (understatement.)

Clinton would like to see this decision reversed, for obvious reasons.

Once she stacks the Supreme Court with her liberal activist judges, it is likely that she’ll direct her Solicitor General to file an action to overturn it AND also an action to strike down voter ID laws in the states that have them. She doesn’t need to go through congress for directing her Solicitor General, so for this reason I’d put this firmly in category 2.

Democrats will make it easier for workers, public and private, to exercise their right to organize and join unions.
Dems and unions will be married forever. What does " . . . make it easier . . . " mean? No doubt Clinton will answer this one if she tries something on this. I really don’t have a feel for whether or not she’ll try something here.

We oppose legislation and lawsuits that would strike down laws protecting the rights of teachers and other public employees.
A nod to the NEA and government employees. Once she gets her Supreme Court judges, good luck trying to hold the line on the NEA or government employees.

There’s a lot more, but this is enough to give a flavor of what we’re in for if Clinton gets in there. I sure hope Trump wins.

BJ, ref
"And we know that our nation’s long struggle with race is far from over. More than half a century after Rosa Parks sat and Dr. King marched and John Lewis bled, more than half a century after César Chávez, Dolores Huerta, and Larry Itliong organized, race still plays a significant role in determining who gets ahead in America and who gets left behind. We must face that reality and we must fix it."

She will do what the dems have done since WWII. Set up more job training programs (which have yielding almost no jobs at all), build more federal buildings in black ghettoes (and give the contracts to their donors), find something else they can give them for free (they already get cell fones, bicycles and TV boxes to get local signals). Many blacks actually have some standards and won’t do drugs, but they do drink, so my guess is she will give them liquor stores where everything is free (that way they can’t be robbed).

The goal of Hitlery and the Dems is to keep minorities down on the plantation, because if they ever get off, they will join the middle class and vote Republican…

Concur.

I forgot one:

> We applaud the approaches taken by states like New York and California.

That says it all.

> We must make sure that everyone has a fair shot at homeownership. We will keep the housing market robust and inclusive by supporting more first-time homebuyers and putting more Americans into the financial position to become sustainable homeowners

Are Dodd and Barney Frank back in congress again?

We must make sure that everyone has a fair shot at homeownership. We will keep the housing market robust and inclusive by supporting more first-time homebuyers and putting more Americans into the financial position to become sustainable homeowners

You may know this but truly FEW people do. The big collapse of '07 that drug the country down for so many years…the ROOT CAUSE was the Federal Govt and its demand that financial companies loan money to those that otherwise could not qualify and to those who could to increase the loam limits. My wife and I went to buy a home at that time and our agent and mortgage company insisted that we were buying to low, they said we could quality for a $Million dollar loan, I said NO I CANNOT I don’t care what you say. INSANE.

The feds made them count in income: Welfare payments (cash), Food stamp payments, baby sitting income (which required no proof). It was incredible…lucky for us we ONLY had income from J O B S.

Dodds Frank: Should be repealed, its horrible. I worked at the “C” level and know far more about D-F than I want or need. The cost on a company is staggering…

Okay buy a home, then worry about the taxes the local government imposes on you which drive citizens out of that home. Personally I just love to see my property tax statement in which several columns are labeled retirement for the various agencies. So here I am paying for their retirement with the retirement I earned and have been informed that come next year social security will increase a .03% while medicare will increase which means I will receive even less than the present year. I just love paying to build mosques in other countries and paying to develop their natural resources.

My savings have been eaten up and as for interest.

How Hillary wants to slap an additional $15,000 a year on Americans to pay for illegals. Yeah life is good/sarcasm

I think I wrote this in another thread: She will come after the only group of people that have any money left to steal. Retires, who are mostly white and older. We don’t have much, but we have enough to live on and look at the SS raise: .03% In other words, $00.03, 3 cents on the dollar, $3 on a $100 and $30 on $1000, AVERAGE SS Payment 2016, $1,341 = $40.23 per mo and a note enclosed that says: “don’t spend it all in one place”

Of course look for Medicare to go up more than that.

Note that WE paid into SS/Medicare ALL of our lives. Medicare at best only cover 80% of the bill, but if we were on Medicaid it would be FREE and 100% covered or if on Obamacare we would receive a cash subsidy…