The Devilneck Challenge

For you unlucky souls who must toil away in your office for your day’s pay, it might be difficult to stay in shape. Long hours of sitting at the keyboard has been proven to be very unhealthy, and bad for our waistlines.

Try this at work, give it a month and let me know how it goes:

First week: Every hour, on the hour, drop and do 10 pushups. (or as many as you can do, if you can’t do 10.)

Second week: Every hour, do 12 pushups. On the half hour, stand and stretch. I bend at the waist and touch my toes for 10 seconds.

Third week: Every hour, do 15 pushups. On the half hour, stand and stretch.

Fourth week: Every hour, do 20 pushups. On the half hour, stand and stretch.

Since I’ve been doing this, I notice that I stay more awake at work. I feel more relaxed too. Also, I get funny looks from coworkers. That’s when I do my full WWE flex show for them.

I’ll give it a whirl. I sit in a chair all day, and I am in not-so-good shape.

My boss is my Devilneck challenge.

Don’t make excuses! that’s for sissy girly men.
DO IT!! Do it every hour!

My day doesn’t work like that. Out and about most of the time, but I should do something like this. But 10? I might strain something. I’m going to have to start with one! And a sit-up. :smiley:

I only did one set today. :tongue:

The idea is to get out of your seat hourly and get the blood moving. If you can’t do 10 pushups, do what you can without killing yourself.

Keep in mind, my 10 are Marine Corps pushups, so it’s actually 20. It’s four count// Up, down, up, down = 1.

I get that most people do up, down = 1. That’s just not how we do things.

Anyhow, do what you can, and keep doing it!

I’m out of my seat moving around most of the time lol. I’m one of those guys where the boss has to say, “use the phone” more. In my business, it’s typical at workshops to hear, “Get off the phone and go see people.”

The question my boss ask most is “Where is Seravee?”. I should be at my desk usually I am…elsewhere. :ninja:

I prefer using a standing desk (though I have a chair, too).

[quote=“Seravee, post:9, topic:48204”]
The question my boss ask most is “Where is Seravee?”. I should be at my desk usually I am…elsewhere. :ninja:
[/quote]Candy Mountain?

That would turn me into a big sweaty armpit with all of the smell to go along with it.

Bring deodorant and tell your coworkers to get down and give me 25.