The dynamics of this current election season

Forget EVERYTHING you have come to expect from elections for 2016. We’re in a completely different dimension.

1. Forget the labels of liberal/Democrat versus conservative/Republican. In fact, I’m starting to think that those distinctions faded away in the last cycle. Today’s conflict is The People versus The Establishment. (If that doesn’t make me sound like Dennis Hopper in Easy Rider, I don’t know what does.)

2. The establishment does NOT want to give up power. It is fighting Trump and Cruz tooth and nail.

3. Forget this business about the news media having a liberal side (CNN, MSNBC) and a conservative side (FoxNews.) For purposes of this election cycle, ALL the news media has the long knives out for Donald Trump. I’ll go even further and suggest the conservative media (which includes The National Review and others) have fought tooth and nail against Trump’s candidacy. Just about all the alleged conservative talking heads (Krauthammer, Rove, Will, Wallace) have the long knives out for the current GOP front runner.

4. The country is ROYALLY PISSED that the GOP has moved so far to the left that it made eight years of Barak Obama possible. The country isn’t as pissed at Obama for doing as much damage as he has done to the economy. The country is pissed at the Republicans who promised on the campaign trail that they would stop him and then wimped out when they got into office.

5. Only in a bizarre climate like this can you have an alleged free market conservative think tank like Club For Growth taking out attack ads on Trump, who is the most conservative candidate in the race. (That’s how Carson’s poll numbers got so high.)

6. For those of you who think Trump’s chances are over because of Iowa, just remember that Rick Santorum WON Iowa.

Conventional wisdom has gone to the Bahamas. It’s baseball without the bat. It’s football without the goal posts. It’s hockey without the ice. Making any kind of rational predictions is almost futile at this point.

I would not presume to try and predict who will be the eventual nominees of either party, let alone who will be the next President. First of all, I don’t consider Trump to be a serious candidate and I wouldn’t be all that surprised to see Hillary elected solely on the basis that she is (presumably) female. We elected the first (presumably) black President on the basis that he’s black and electing him would be “historical.” There are those who will undoubtedly vote for Hillary for the same thing–maybe for the simple reason that think they can then brag to their grandchildren someday that they voted for BOTH the first black man and first female to be President…not that history will treat them with favor for doing so. Our first black President has been an utter disaster and, if Hillary is elected, she’ll likely be even worse…or at least just as bad. When not even her close supporters can name a single accomplishment of hers and yet she remains the leading candidate for the Democrats, that should tell you that ideology has nothing to do with anything in this election any more than it did in the last two.

I would not presume to try and predict who will be the eventual nominees of either party, let alone who will be the next President. First of all, I don’t consider Trump to be a serious candidate and I wouldn’t be all that surprised to see Hillary elected solely on the basis that she is (presumably) female.

A couple of things: 1. Let’s see, Trump announces; he releases his financial statement before anyone else, he signs the Republican pledge not to run third party; oh, and he’s kicking everyone else’s asses in the polls. I’d say he’s a serious candidate.
2. If it weren’t for Trump, you would have a point about the Secretary Of State Vagina having an electoral edge, based on her plumbing.

We elected the first (presumably) black President on the basis that he’s black and electing him would be “historical.” There are those who will undoubtedly vote for Hillary for the same thing–maybe for the simple reason that think they can then brag to their grandchildren someday that they voted for BOTH the first black man and first female to be President…not that history will treat them with favor for doing so.

NOW you know why I support THE DONALD so much. He is the ONLY figure who can stop this disaster from happening. Yes, I know…Hillary’s numbers go down every time she speaks. But you make a good point about some people being frikken idiots and wanting to make history by voting for the First Vagina.

Our first black President has been an utter disaster and, if Hillary is elected, she’ll likely be even worse…or at least just as bad. When not even her close supporters can name a single accomplishment of hers and yet she remains the leading candidate for the Democrats, that should tell you that ideology has nothing to do with anything in this election any more than it did in the last two.

**NOW YOU’RE GETTING IT. **

Like I said in the first post, concepts of left and right, Republican versus Democrat are going to be irrelevant in this election cycle. Attacking a politician for being liberal is so 1990s. Today, it’s about competence. And for most of America it’s about preventing a third Obama term. And just like most of America sat home for the last two presidential elections, they’ll damned sure sit home if Trump is not the nominee.