The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly Of Congress’s Latest Coronavirus Spending Bill

It’s early so I’m sure that there is more … A lot more!

$250 million to the IRS
$25 million to House reps salaries

More from CNN:

I Know, I Know … Commie News Network! :neutral_face:

That’s a noble sentiment, but businesses will only carry the jobs they need. They won’t pay people if the demand isn’t there. This will be the case for low and medium skill work. High skill work might be a little different because businesses know this will end and the cost of losing a highly skilled employee might have higher costs in the long run. Which is why it’s so important to get money into the lower 1/2 of the economy.

Now, I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I think it’s really important to put money into the hands of those in the lower half of the economy as (almost) all the money you give them they will use to pay bills (which helps businesses) and drive demand (which helps business) and pay loans (which protects institutional investors).

2 Likes

Using this as an excuse to increase their salaries is disgusting. If I had my way, most them would be fired for stupidity, dishonesty and corruption. I begrudge every dime that is paid to Pelosi, Shiff and Nadler. All three of them are a waste on oxygen on this planet.

3 Likes