The Great Coverup's Final Chapter - Benghazi

Well, the administration and Hillary WILL/Are getting away with a classic case of incompetence. The Benghazi Boondoggle!! Now that all of the reports are in, the stories crafted and told Hillary has decided to step forward with a “massaged” version of events that will provide her a high level of plausable deniability. Knowing what others have said regarding the events surrounding Benghazi allows her to craft answers to questions that will likely allow her to walk out of today’s Congressional hearings unscathed. And media will protect her by lifting her up should she stumble. She was allowed 4 months to craft answers and step forward to answer questions.

What a sad disaster.

I just so happen to have the local a.m. on this morning. (Been a while) I generally reach over and hit the “off” switch when the CBS TOTH news comes on, but figured I could stomach it just this once.

Point? The repororette: “Hillary Clinton teared up as she described what it was like protecting the families…”
:hurl: :puke:

Guess this is my day for radio?
Just turned on Rush. What a freaking koinkidink!
Hillary’s campaign debt was paid off today!

Good to see Rand Paul get deep off in her booty regarding her lack of accountability. There is NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER that nearly all media sources will be working overtime to rehab this piece of fecal material. Only in our government’s highest positions would this level of incompetence/indifference to the safety and welfare of others be tolerated.

Her, “What difference does it make now” retort to a question should mark her as unsuitable for public office.

Very true, but sadly it won’t

Incompetence is an acceptable explanation? Man, we’re in trouble, big trouble.

Hillary never answered a sigle question concerning Benghazi.

Hey, Mike, it’s not going away! Leon Panetta and General Dempsey testfied before the Senate and the details of the story are emerging:
Senator Chambliss: ‘Your Responses, General Dempsey, Are Very Inadequate’ - By Nathaniel Botwinick - The Corner - National Review Online
General Dempsey: Hillary’s Testimony ‘Surprising’ - By Nathaniel Botwinick - The Corner - National Review Online
Panetta at Benghazi Hearings: ‘We Did Not Have Any Conversations with Secretary Clinton’ on 9/11 - By Andrew Johnson - The Corner - National Review Online
McCain to General Dempsey: Your Testimony ‘Is Simply False’ - By Nathaniel Botwinick - The Corner - National Review Online

What is slowly coming out is that the State Dept didn’t know what was going on, and the President and SecState checked in with DoD and forgot about it. The advantage of Senate hearings, despite the fact that those testifying are no longer members of the government, is that conflicting stories emerge. And here’s my bet on the matter; the DoD didn’t drop the ball…it never got the ball. McCain was correct in referencing Soudha Bay, Crete, but overlooked the existence of NAS Sigonella on Sicily, an even shorter flying distance. The CNN link below isn’t a bad summary, so far:
Panetta, Dempsey defend U.S. response to Benghazi attack - CNN.com

I think that the Lindsey Graham questions regarding how much, or how little, the president was in the loop…how much he was even curious as to events unfolding, will drive the investigation forward. There’s simply no adequate explanation for the length of time where inaction took place.

Hi Sway - yes, you are correct - there seems to be renewed interest and info coming out. You said this might happen - I must admit that I had my doubts. Panetta and Depsey have provided testimony that is shocking both in its candor and content. I certainly hope Graham and McCain, along with others - keep the heat on. It is stunning the extent/level of the incompetence and the lack of MSMedia’s lack of interest up ro now. Political malfeasance on the part of Obama and Clinton. Journalistic malfeasance by the MSMedia.

Rudi G is expressing just those sentiments on Hannity just now, Mike.

Lindsey Graham’s grilling of witnesses:

Video: Lindsey Graham Grills Panetta, Dissects the Benghazi Facts

AHHHHH, dear friends; the wonders of the democrat machine, and the travesty of the republican stele.

for those not in the know, Stele is a tall stone monolith with inscriptions and does nothing but sit there

[quote=“Sway, post:8, topic:37923”]
I think that the Lindsey Graham questions regarding how much, or how little, the president was in the loop…how much he was even curious as to events unfolding, will drive the investigation forward. There’s simply no adequate explanation for the length of time where inaction took place.
[/quote]Discussed further in this thread: http://www.republicanoperative.com/forums/f47/benghazi-attack-videos-unbelievable-39402/

Under direct questioning by Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH), Panetta admitted that he had no communication with President Obama after their “pre-scheduled” meeting at 5:00 p.m. EDT. The attack on the consulate had already been under way for 90 minutes at that time. Neither the president nor anyone else from the White House called afterwards to check what was happening; the Commander-in-Chief had left it “up to us,” said Panetta.

Panetta’s testimony directly contradicts President Obama’s own claim to have issued “three directives” as soon as he learned “what was going on” in Benghazi. As he told a Denver reporter in October:

I gave three very clear directives. Number one, make sure we are securing our personnel and that we are doing whatever we need to. Number two, we are going to investigate exactly what happened and make sure it doesn't happen again. Number three, find out who did this so we can bring them to justice.

That same claim was subsequently repeated by other Democrats, including Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel, who came to the president’s defense. But if those directives were indeed given–and proof has never been produced–they were given long after the attack, not while the attack was going on, during which time the president did nothing.

Panetta and Dempsey also admitted, under questioning by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), that they were not in touch with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton during the attacks, and did not receive a request for help from the State Department. Dempsey also testified that he had been “surprised” at Clinton’s testimony last month that she did not know of an urgent cable from Ambassador Stevens last August about the dire security situation.

To borrow a metaphor from the 2008 Democratic primary campaign: when the 3 a.m. call came (at 5 p.m. in the afternoon), neither Clinton nor Obama were there to respond.
Dereliction of Duty: Obama Did Nothing to Save American Lives in Benghazi–and Lied About It

The thread that I linked to above contains the videos depicting EXACTLY what Sway is talking about: Sen. Kelly Ayotte’s questions, Panetta’s and Dempsey’s testimony, Sen. Ted Cruz’s questions, Lindsey Graham’s questions, etc.

I’m not diminishing Sway’s post, on the contrary it’s a very accurate depiction of what was said. But, if you’re really interested in this topic, those videos enhance what Sway was saying. They really are revealing. Take a look . . .

It is clear what happened.

Obama/Clinton demonstrated an entirly unacceptable, perhaps unprecedented, level of incompetence and outright indifference regarding the safety of those in their charge. Even after recent attacks on the embassy/consalate and pleas for additional security prior to the deadly attack - even from our ambassador himself - no such resources were provided. In fact, resources were reduced!! Likewise, there is NO EVIDENCE to suggest anything was done by our leadership - not at “State” and not in the White House - to assist during the several hours of the attack. Obama/Clinton got caught after making a brutally ugly and arrogant political calculation that lying to the American people about the state of al Queda/al Queda-like groups in the region - that they were weakend and on the run - was necessary as part of Obama’s election strategy. A more callous disregard for those placed in a dangerous situation and known to be getting more dangerous with each passing day, I cannot imagine. Once the situation blew up in their faces more lies were made up out of whole cloth - Susan Rice replaced Obama and Clinton as the administration’s face on TV - and lied. Obama spoke in the Rose Garden and on a couple of TV shows - including at a debate with Romney - in each instance he lied and in the debate he not only lied, but was assisted by the media accomplice and debate narrarator, Candy Crowley (sp?). As for Hillary - her presence was “needed” outside the country and she answered nothing for over 4 months. When she did finally expose herself to questioning her responses were not detailed and were largely self serving - and when she was asked a very pointed question regarding what she knew and when she knoew it she then asked one of the most insulting/arrogant/ignorant ass questions I have ever heard - “Four Americans are dead, what possible difference does it make now?” Translation: I’m above all of this; how dare you question me!!

I’m not only angry at the incompetence and the lying, I’m utterly ashamed at the indifference demonstrated by the cloacas in charge. Administrative/Leadership malfeasance!!

This seems to be Hillary’s watch word from the get-go. Remember her statement that “I loathe the military”?

I do now. Thanks for the reminder. Does rather sum it up.

At the expense of perhaps sounding overly pessimistic, allow me this - While I’m encouraged by the latest attempt on the part of Lindsay Graham and a few others to get at the truth about Benghazi and lay it bare before the nation, it remains to be seen if the American people will pay much attention or if the information will have any lasting impact on those politicians/bureaucrats who demonstrated such a profound degree of indifference and lack of judgment. I think it wise to remember that the information provided from the current effort to get at the facts will be filtered through the turd known as American journalism/MSMedia. Those who watch FOX News are reminded that many important news items reported/documented on that nerwork are sometimes not even mentioned on other “news” outlets. But, let’s see what happens. In the meantime . . .

How ironic that Hillary Clinton can stand in front of the people and make the utterly hollow pronouncement that she is “responsible” so soon after she acted so profoundly IRRESPONSIBLE - pre/during/post the attack in Benghazi. I find no comfort in the fact that I often sense an element of sociopathology associated with Hillary.

Perhaps the most troubling/maddening/discouraging aspect of this entire matter involves a past tense restatement of Hillary Clinton’s question - What difference DID it make? Answer: None so far - Obama’s reelection goal was acheived and the country will be under unbridled seige from this Progressive insurgent for another 4 years and Hillary appears to be more popular than ever.

Ask the families of those who lost family members in Benghazi what difference it makes.

I was speaking in the broad sense, but you certainly make a good point, Susanna. Frankly, I wish the parents and other family members of those killed would have raised hell about the obvious indifference/failures on the part of what passes for leadership. However, while I might wish they had taken a more outspoken posture it would be inappropriate of me to blame them for not doing so. I have not walked a mile in their shoes - thankfully.