The Great Farm-Bill Ripoff: Jon Bon Jovi receives farm subsidies

Anyone starting from scratch would not design a farm policy like the one America has. At least not anyone with a lick of common sense. But since common sense is as common on Capitol Hill as a unicorn stampede, we have:

A confusing clutter of programs that pay farmers not to farm, reward them for undue risk, write checks to rock stars and Rockefellers, give special treatment to certain crops without rationale, and ladle out welfare to the wealthy while ignoring those on the margins.

Or at least most of the time. There are exceptions. Stephen Fincher, a Republican congressman from Tennessee, wants to slash food stamps even though he personally has collected $3.48 million in farm subsidies over the past 13 years. Kid you not.
Hey Fincher, hello kettle. Roll back the welfare state? Yeah, right, Stephen. Hey Bon Jovi, hello pot. Help the poor? Yeah, right, Jon.

The Great Farm-Bill Ripoff - Reason.com

What a joke, and it’s on us. Time to flood the hill with mail and phone calls.

It appears, according to that article, that food stamp spending doubled under Bush’s 2 terms, and Doubled AGAIN under Obama’s single term. :thud:

[quote=“WhoIsJohnGalt, post:3, topic:39778”]
It appears, according to that article, that food stamp spending doubled under Bush’s 2 terms, and Doubled AGAIN under Obama’s single term. :thud:
[/quote]And did someone just say the economy is doing well? What’s the rate of unemployment again? And how many have fallen off that count without going to work?

And Jon Bon Jovi and Stephen Fincher still need help!

Of course, I have always been against farm subsidies, but I have also known from early on that it has been abused by people who buy a piece of untillable land just for the purpose of collecting farm subsidies.

This is unbelievable.

[quote=“WhoIsJohnGalt, post:3, topic:39778”]
[/quote]You have to remember we had Katrina and the usual assortment of disasters while Bush was president and a democrat congress the last two years. Bush had to play ball to get any funding for the troops.

BTW I overheard an older black couple complaining about Obamacare and what it will do to them. I guess people are realizing Obama really does not care about them.

Meanwhile Michelle is thinking of another expensive vacation to get over the stress of her last vacation but she reminds each of us to keep up a stiff upper lip while the economy is imploding.