The height of idiocy

Just when you think a school can go no further with it’s lunacy, they go and expell students for assult with a deadly candy cane. I heard on the radio that the boys were suspended. This story does not say that.

**Christmas Sweater Club Punished At Local High School **

HAYMARKET, Va. (WUSA) – They call themselves the “Christmas Sweater Club” because they wear the craziest ones they can find. They also sing Christmas songs at school and try their best to spread Christmas cheer.

Now all 10 of them are in trouble because of what they did at their school.
“They said, ‘maliciously maim students with the intent to injure.’ And I don’t think any of us here intentionally meant to injure anyone, or did,” said Zakk Rhine, a junior at Battlefield High School.

The boys say they were just tossing small two-inch candy canes to fellow students as they entered school. The ones in plastic wrap that are so small they often break apart.

Skylar Torbett, also a junior, said administrators told him, “They said the candy canes are weapons because you can sharpen them with your mouth and stab people with them.” He said neither he nor any of their friend did that.

Christmas Sweater Club Punished At Local High School | Prince William County News

:rolleyes::Thud:

Zero tolerance numbskullery as usual…

The war against Christians continues in America…

…along with being told that the problem with our schools isn’t the teachers or administrators.

If it has the word Christmas in it then it must be bad. :banghead::devil:

When I hear about stupid school stories like this I can’t help thinking about;

Unions have turned the once noble profession of teaching into a haven of idiocy and bigotry with brain dead buffoons who cannot be fired.

I saw this on Drudge a few minutes ago

Boy, 13, Busted For Illegal Marker Possession | The Smoking Gun

When complete imbeciles like this teacher and the Unionized Cops that legitimize her self obsessed stupidity are secure in their jobs it is time to abolish public employee unions.

Skylar Torbett, also a junior, said administrators told him, “They said the candy canes are weapons because you can sharpen them with your mouth and stab people with them.” He said neither he nor any of their friend did that.

How did Skylar or the reporter keep a straight after that pearl of wisdom?

Boy, 13, Busted For Illegal Marker Possession | The Smoking Gun

A police sergeant subsequently “booked the marker into the property room.”

As the old dragnet music plays in my head…dum…de…dum…dum…dummmm

"The teacher performs a citizens arrest to protect the city from ‘permanent markers’ ".

The power of teachers; they can’t be fired, they can help get their bosses voted into office, they can perform citizens arrest, AND they can hold children hostage for higher pay and benefits. :eek:

I just heard a song yesterday on Christian radio that insists that it’s “merry Christmas” instead of “happy holidays.”

I remember not long ago hearing Dr. Ravi Zacharias (I think it was him) saying (tongue in cheek): "Please don’t tell the ACLU that ‘holiday’ is derived from ‘holy day.’

I’m sure the ACLU knows it, of course. They also know that the public isn’t dumbed down enough to attack it. If they tried, society would regurgitate their nonsense.

SOOoooooooo who dashed off a letter to their local papers or congressmen/women?

Great question, I will get on that today.

It’s the same for ‘good bye’. It is derived from ‘God be with you’ or ‘God bless you’. Even in Persian, the exit statement is ‘khoda hafez’ which is equivalent to ‘Go with God’ or ‘God be with you’.

Even in Persian, the exit statement is ‘khoda hafez’ which is equivalent to ‘Go with God’ or ‘God be with you’.

“Vaya con Dios’” is similar and similarly equivocal (“Vaya” can be imperative or in the subjunctive mood).

I was just hearing on the radio that the Castros are starting to scrutinize that and other words relating to God in Cuba; apparently as some sort of litmus test for suspicion from the government.