The LEFT Gets Uncivil Again

Santorum links race, abortion
Draws parallels between black slaves and unborn fetuses
Friday, January 21, 2011
By Daniel Malloy, Post-Gazette Washington Bureau

WASHINGTON – Combining the delicate topics of race and abortion in one explosive comment, Rick Santorum enjoyed a spurt of attention Thursday for his potential long-shot Republican presidential run.

In a lengthy interview with conservative CNS News, the former senator from Pennsylvania criticized President Barack Obama for his position that a fetus doesn’t have the same rights as a person – and used the first African-American president’s race to make a point about it.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11021/1119652-84.stm#ixzz1BhXBMaeI

“The question is, and this is what Barack Obama didn’t want to answer, is that human life a person under the Constitution?” Mr. Santorum said.

"And Barack Obama says no. Well, if that human life is not a person, then I find it almost remarkable for a black man to say, ‘Now we are going to decide who are people and who are not people.’ "

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11021/1119652-84.stm#ixzz1BhWiLsEn

So the LEFT gets uncivil again;

Nancy Keenan, president of NARAL Pro-Choice America, in a statement called the comments “offensive and outrageous.”

The left gets offended whenever a Conservative has an opinion. :rolleyes:

**Sherrilyn Ifill Professor of Law, U. Md. : **

I hardly think that Sen. Rick Santorum – the man who suggested that penalties should be imposed on residents who didn’t leave New Orleans before Hurricane Katrina struck – can surprise anyone with an addition to his by now mile-long parade of insulting and offensive statements. This one is just the latest.

Santorum right on abortion comments? - The Arena | POLITICO.COM

**Christine Pelosi Attorney, author and Democratic activist : **

As a woman, I find it almost remarkable that Rick Santorum can publicly intrude on a woman’s private decision to exercise reproductive freedom.

As an American, I find it offensive that Santorum engaged in racial profiling and believe he should apologize. As I just posted in explaining the double digit generation gap favoring Democrats, [SIZE=3]young people are tired of being divided along race, immigration and sexual orientation and will consider Santorum’s racial profiling unbecoming of a national figure.[/SIZE]

Santorum right on abortion comments? - The Arena | POLITICO.COM

Isn’t that what Obama has been doing ?
Dividing people along race, immigration, sexual orientation, and economic lines. ?

I saw Santorum try to explain this on Greta last night. I am beginning to understand how he lost his Senate seat.

He is just not a good enough communicator to address controversial subjects like abortion and slavery.

He had a fantastic argument that could have done wonders in the abortion debate (I have used it often and never had a Liberal muster a counter) but he is so bad at thinking on his feet he comes off like a stumbling buffoon trying to “spin”.

We already have an incompetent communicator in the White House who is lost without a teleprompter, Obama has caused about as much damage with this flaw as he has done with his Communist legislation.

I like Rick Santorum but he belongs behind the scenes or in the legislature, he cannot be the voice or leader of the GOP.

well. big diff in baron samedi and Santorum. One is anti america, the other isn’t. I might be able to stand a mediocre communicator. You can hire people to write your speeches. the baron can’t even seem to hire good enough liars to fool all the people all the time. Thank God.

I didn’t see anything wrong with Santorum’s comments.

Blacks didn’t like being considered 3/5ths of a person under the Constitution yet Obama has no problem with defining the unborn as not human beings.

I reluctantly agree with your point.

As painful as it is to consider, I’m afraid too many voters would rather be “sold” by a slick salesman than decide who has the best ideas.

I often argue that many people are talked out of their life savings by a smooth talker because they can’t seem to use their brain to see the obvious scam.

Unfortunately, that is exactly what Obama has done to America.

Although Santorum stumbled over his words, he made a point that had not sunk in before and that is; abortion supporters look at a fetus (baby) as “property” and not as a human being.

I don’t either.
He made a fantastic point, one I make myself frequently.

Unfortunately he is unable to explain his point in an impromptu conversation so the left can easily twist his words into a Racist accusation and he sounds like a clumsy, guilty politician when he responds to the accusation.

Some people are better with the written word or a prepared speech than they are in general conversation under pressure.

That is why he frustrated me so much on Greta last night, he had the opportunity to make a great argument on National TV for the abortion cause and instead he sounded like politician who was caught with his hand in the cookie jar and was trying to spin his way out of it.

Republicans won in the mid-term because they are racists, says Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.).

More hate from the left;

*Virginia’s Rep. Jim Moran – beyond uncivil
By Jennifer Rubin

Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.) has been roundly criticized in the past for his noxious comments about Jews and Israel.

On an al-Hurra broadcast last night, he surpassed himself in **calling much of the country a bunch of racists. **
The Republican victories in the midterm elections, he said:

happened for the same reason the Civil War happened in the United States. It happened because the Southern states, the slaveholding states, didn’t want to see a president who was opposed to slavery. In this case, I believe, a lot of people in the United States don’t want to be governed by an African-American, particularly one who is liberal, who wants to spend money and who wants to reach out to include everyone in our society.*

Right Turn - Virginia’s Rep. Jim Moran – beyond uncivil

Why doesn’t Obama reign in the uncivil tone from his own party ???

This B-S about Congressmen sitting together is such a farce.