The Mandatroy Introduction Post

When I was in college, the teachers would have us stand up and spill our guts to total strangers. One even made me give them a copy of my drivers license to them for no good reason. So in this mandatory post I’ll say what I said then: I value my privacy and my presence here is self-explanatory. I’m also sick of hearing “evil South” this and “pale face” that in the other places I visit online that are full of brainwashed bigots, and I’m trying to find some sensible people to pass the time with.

2 Likes

alrighty then :wave:

Welcome aboard!!

Howdy, y’all! :smiley:

Hi and welcome!

Welcome. We don’t want to see your driver’s license, but a bit of background about yourself would be nice to know so we’ll know whether we’re dealing with another troll or not.

2 Likes

[quote=“AsheSkyler, post:1, topic:47155”]
When I was in college, the teachers would have us stand up and spill our guts to total strangers. One even made me give them a copy of my drivers license to them for no good reason. So in this mandatory post I’ll say what I said then: I value my privacy and my presence here is self-explanatory. I’m also sick of hearing “evil South” this and “pale face” that in the other places I visit online that are full of brainwashed bigots, and I’m trying to find some sensible people to pass the time with.
[/quote]I’ll give my standard “welcome” that I give to many newcomers. I am a vitriolic leftist. I believe that white Americans have had no constructive role. As Barack Obama has said “you didn’t build it.” Everything useful has been built not by dead or old white men, but by the United Nations, the Arab League and the Islamic faith.

I do not use the term “pale face” or “evil South” since imperialists, colonialists, xenophobes and Zionists have caused everything bad that has happened, from global warming to my toothache. Obama had it right on the apology tour; the U.S. has much to be sorry for and very little to be proud of.

1 Like

I did finally get to fill out that survey thing: Republican Operative - Right Wing Political Forum

Only place I was ever a troll was on World of Warcraft. A big blue one, with small tusks and a red mohawk. :wink:
One personal nugget, I reckon. My husband and I both like to play games and we’ve spent many happy nights competing or co-oping. It’s a good test of your relationship. If you can’t trust your mate to back you up when a horde of aliens or zombies or just a horde are coming after you, can you really trust them to stand by you any other time? Same goes for jars of marinated mushrooms. Forget the pickle jars, mushroom jars are a true test of your coupleness because one has to twist the jar as hard as they can in one direction and the other twist the cap as hard as they can in another direction.

2 Likes

But for that to work, you have to have equal strength.

[quote=“Susanna, post:8, topic:47155”]

[/quote]I just wanted to warn him when the unmoderated personal attacks replete with four-letter words start to come.

He’s definitely stronger than me, but it works! So long as our combined force is greater than that of the mushroom jar, we shall succeed!

Turns out though the easy way was just breaking the suction by slipping a butter knife under the lid. Bah. But we did have a lot of fun with the first few jars.

“Him”? I can see you are one of good judgment and observational skills. :slight_smile:

Being that angry all the time isn’t good for your health. Stress wreaks havoc on the body and shortens the lifespan. Have you thought about taking up some eastern practices? Yoga, Tai Chi, and meditation have all been shown to improve a person’s life.

1 Like

Welcome to RO. By the way, you should be warned that JBG was recently released from a psych ward - we were told there was nothing that could be done for him. LMAO!!

3 Likes

That would explain an extreme leftist’s desire to join a right leanin’ place like this! :slight_smile:

[quote=“MDMikeB, post:13, topic:47155”]
Welcome to RO. By the way, you should be warned that JBG was recently released from a psych ward - we were told there was nothing that could be done for him. LMAO!!
[/quote]No, it was from a prison psychiatric hospital.

1 Like

Don’t let him fool you. He’s a great guy and has contributed a lot of good stuff here.

2 Likes

In the land of reality he actually has a website or facebook page or something “Liberal Democrats for Ted Cruz”. Not sure if he did this before or after his stay in the psych ward.

So long as he’s civil I wouldn’t think badly of him and would welcome him as a friend as I would any other. I really don’t mind the left any more than I mind the right, and one of my hobbies tends to be collecting viewpoints from many cultures and backgrounds. But I have little patience for people with manners equivalent to those of YouTube commenters.

1 Like

Welcome to RO, AsheSkyler!

JBG is about as far “left” as Ronaldus Magnus. He likes to pull legs, but we love him here.

3 Likes