THE NEXT STEP OF HUMAN EVOLUTION (said in an epic voice)

Whether you believe in evolution or not then this is kind of fun to speculate on. What do you think could be the next human evolution? Gills? Bigger brains? Different brain wiring due to the Internet? It’s interesting, don’t bring in the debate on evolution. We’re just having fun discussing what will probably never be

Poor eyesight, fewer blood vessels in the butt, hunched backs and enlarged nostrils to facilitate picking your nose with your thumb.

Extremely negative answer, but it’s an answer so ill take it

No, it is in reference to how life is changing because of the computer.

The thumbs<>nostrils things is because most people don’t use their thumbs while typing, so the thumb should evolve to be the booger picker.

Haha no I got the reference. It’s understandable

Weaker Immune systems. Plus it depends on when we make it out into space and how our bodies will cope with zero gravity and/or low gravity.

Since I only believe in microevolution, I believe that the most that will happen is small scale adaptations at most.
So in other words NOT MUCH :slight_smile:
Hopefully we will a brain that is wise enough to not fall for the poison of moral relativity and the utter chaos that it brings to society and to this planet.

Hehehe, thanks a lot JStand, I laughed so hard I almost threw my food up lol

I think in the future we will design our own evolution based on what we think we need…and our knowledge of genetics & computer power.
Not saying this is a good thing. Probably will have mixed results…and could be disastrous. But when my grandkid makes $50 million a year throwing left handed with a 125 mph CURVE ball…and a right handed 150mph fast ball so he can start twice as often…remember you heard it hear first! :rofl:

I think that if we ever achieve the ability to modify our genetics that it should be outlawed. It seems to dangerous a tech in my eyes and could through us off our evolutionary path. I believe that the end-all evolutionary path for humans is perfection no different from the description of the Christian God. I believe that the more we know about the universe and how it works the more we will be able to interact with it without the need for technology. Of course this sounds far fetched but it is what I believe.

Cam its cool that your using the word DESIGNED more and more now:) as opposed to it happening randomly:)

Ray Kurzweil and The Singularity type stuff. Enhancements through medicine and technology that will fundamentally change us. His timetable seems unbelievable, but still a possibility.

Which of course explains why there are so many errors in the current “DESIGN”. No designer would have ever participated in THIS mess of evolutionary results. But I like your humour! :smiley:

Seravee…agree BUT note that we are NOT on an evolutionary PATH to anything. Changes are random BUT changes survive based on their ability to improve our survival or reproduction.
Example: Lactose intolerance. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/10/science/10cnd-evolve.html

[quote=“Cam, post:13, topic:37929”]
Which of course explains why there are so many errors in the current “DESIGN”. No designer would have ever participated in THIS mess of evolutionary results. But I like your humour! :D***************Seravee…agree BUT note that we are NOT on an evolutionary PATH to anything. Changes are random BUT changes survive based on their ability to improve our survival or reproduction. Example: Lactose intolerance. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/10/science/10cnd-evolve.html
[/quote]As usual the atheist tries to define the design as bad or good when he is caught using the word designer in his statement, but fails to mention that in an atheistic worldview there is no such word as good or bad, and understanding that we were not made to live eternally here in a universe that is headed to a cold collapse .But then again atheists do tend to use lousy philosophy to try to prop up a worldview that is bankrupt on so many levels.I wish I could say my humor is good Cam but the your posts are definately a lot funnier then mine ;)This reminds me of Christopher Hitchens, his philosophy was so sophomoric that Christians started to recognize that he was doing a better job of bringing atheists into the Christian corner than any Christian ever could.God blesssss you Cam, keep up the great work, we know your a closet Christian just from ur arguments ;)Gotta love the continues use of that great liberal mess of a paper the New Yawk timesWe know that they are unbiased mmmhmmmmm

Actually according to a lot of scientists natural selection is really far behind on determining what genes are best because our population exploded so quickly compared to what animals should.

As a species, we will alter ourselves long before nature has a change to change us through evolution. Before the end of this century we will become one with our machines. We will remake ourselves in our own image. If we are not vigilant, we will become slaves or pets to our own creations as our machines far out pace our intellect and strength.

For good or evil, we will become our own thoughts. Let us hope we will be able to survive our own darkest natures.

What do you think is next?

Pls. show me where I’ve said I’m an atheist. The only thing you can say for sure is I’m not a fundie social con. So you can eliminate me as NOT one of those 300 million which leaves you only with the other 6.7 billion to sort though. You know what they say about assumptions.
Mr. Hitchens undoubtedly accounted for the big swing to Christianity noted in the recent polls eh?
Unfortunately Mr. Hitchens can no longer be contacted for a comment. Perhaps you are in touch with him and can give us his explanation for what Mr. Pew has found? I’m sure he is equally disappointed that his stealth method of bringing atheists to Christ has not produced the results you credit him with. [/sarc]

A mono-color. As in all skin colors blending. I would argue for more physically dominant people purely based on food surpluses. A difference in the way the brain works. Think more of a brain remembering how to find information as opposed to remembering the information. The ability to process and find pertinent information faster as opposed to absorbing all of it.

I think language will become condensed and will begin to combine.

none of that is evolution