The Return Of Carly Fiorina

In case some of you missed it, Carly Fiorina took the stage with Ted Cruz earlier today at a campaign rally and spoke for several minutes before endorsing him and introducing him to the crowd. Unlike Christie, who appeared to be playing the Role of Trump’s chief gopher and bodyguard, Fiorina sounded and looked confident and ready to assume her role in the Cruz campaign.

A legitimate knock on Cruz is that he often comes across as too stiff. Fiorina tends to soften the image just a bit.

Cruz/Fiorina '16? Could be.

[quote=“MDMikeB, post:1, topic:48424”]
A legitimate knock on Cruz is that he often comes across as too stiff. Fiorina tends to soften the image just a bit
[/quote]o_O
"Soft" is literally the last word that comes to mind when I think of Fiorina. I saw it the opposite way. Fiorina honestly comes across as more masculine than Cruz does, IMO.

That’s seriously one of the things I noted to myself. I thought roughly “She could probably beat him up in a fight”. I’d never really thought about that during the debates.

It’s weird to think, but the two guys pushing 70 could probably wipe the floor with the two guys in their 40s.

You might have a point. Will you buy the fact she’s a woman and her smarts, her verbal skills ant the fact she’s a woman might help the ticket?

Would you think she might be able to kick the butts of all four guys in the race? LOL

She may make a good VP for Rubio(being serious and not taking sarcastic jabs at anyone). For Cruz… she’d be fine. The way I thought Paul Ryan was an ok choice for Romney. The way Tim Pawlenty would have been an ok choice for John McCain. Would she be something like Sarah Palin? No, not in my opinion.

You usually pick a VP who has a lot of something that you lack(Obama, experience, Bush, Washington insider, Kerry, charisma, Gore, lolwtf is he thinking, B. Clinton, somber and grounded. For Cruz, I feel like that would be someone who really does come across as warm, or friendly, or perhaps even experienced. We aren’t really talking about it now, because charisma is why Trump is beating Cruz. But if Cruz does become the nominee, he’s facing Hilary. Who isn’t all that charismatic herself.

She is however, more experienced than Cruz. Right now, we aren’t talking about Cruz’s lack of experience. Clinton will. Cruz is actually no more experienced than Rubio or Senator Obama was in 2008. Cruz may pick someone who’s considered to be an experienced hand. I’m not sure, honestly.

You’re Joshing us … right??
(Kinda like Josh Earnest)

Cruz worked his way through college; Princeton and Harvard and specialized in constitutional law. He finished at the top of his class, was considered one of the most brilliant students and as such, was selected to clerk for the Chief Justice William Rehnquist of the Supreme Court.
[LEFT]
After Cruz finished his clerkships, he took a position with Cooper, Carvin & Rosenthal, now known as Cooper & Kirk, LLC, from 1997 to 1998.

While with the firm, Cruz worked on matters relating to the National Rifle Association, and helped prepare testimony for the impeachment proceedings against President Bill Clinton.

Cruz joined the George W. Bush presidential campaign in 1999 as a domestic policy adviser, advising then-Governor George W. Bush on a wide range of policy and legal matters, including civil justice, criminal justice, constitutional law, immigration, and government reform.

After working for George Bush, he was appointed to work at the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) as director of policy planning. In that role, he cut through the red tape and regulations to help create tens of thousands of jobs.
Cruz knew if you de-regulate, you unchain business and growth occurs.

While working at the FTC, he was asked to become the Solicitor General of Texas by Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott.

The office had been established in 1999 to handle appeals involving the state, but Abbott hired Cruz with the idea that Cruz would take a “leadership role in the United States in articulating a vision of strict constructionism.”

As Solicitor General, Cruz argued before the Supreme Court of the United States nine times.

He fought before the supreme court for our “right to keep and bear arms” in the most famous gun rights case to date; District of Columbia v Heller. In addition to his success in Heller, Cruz successfully defended the constitutionality of the Ten Commandments monument on the Texas State Capitol grounds before the U.S. Supreme Court, winning 5–4.

Cruz fought before the supreme court in the famous Medellin v. Texas case where he battled the UN, World Court, 90 countries and even George W. Bush to defend American sovereignty and won.

Now tell us how he compares to Rubio or Community Organizer/Senator Obama?

[/LEFT]

[quote=“silliessis, post:5, topic:48424”]
You’re Joshing us … right??
(Kinda like Josh Earnest)

Cruz worked his way through college; Princeton and Harvard and specialized in constitutional law.
[/quote]Yes, exactly like Obama up to this point.

[quote=“silliessis, post:5, topic:48424”]
He finished at the top of his class, was considered one of the most brilliant students and as such, was selected to clerk for the Chief Justice [/SIZE]William Rehnquist of the Supreme Court.
[LEFT]
After Cruz finished his clerkships, he took a position with Cooper, Carvin & Rosenthal, now known as Cooper & Kirk, LLC, from 1997 to 1998.

While with the firm, Cruz worked on matters relating to the National Rifle Association, and helped prepare testimony for the impeachment proceedings against President Bill Clinton.

Cruz joined the George W. Bush presidential campaign in 1999 as a domestic policy adviser, advising then-Governor George W. Bush on a wide range of policy and legal matters, including civil justice, criminal justice, constitutional law, immigration, and government reform.

After working for George Bush, he was appointed to work at the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) as director of policy planning. In that role, he cut through the red tape and regulations to help create tens of thousands of jobs.
Cruz knew if you de-regulate, you unchain business and growth occurs.

While working at the FTC, he was asked to become the Solicitor General of Texas by Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott.

The office had been established in 1999 to handle appeals involving the state, but Abbott hired Cruz with the idea that Cruz would take a “leadership role in the United States in articulating a vision of strict constructionism.”

As Solicitor General, Cruz argued before the Supreme Court of the United States nine times.

He fought before the supreme court for our “right to keep and bear arms” in the most famous gun rights case to date; District of Columbia v Heller. In addition to his success in Heller, Cruz successfully defended the constitutionality of the Ten Commandments monument on the Texas State Capitol grounds before the U.S. Supreme Court, winning 5–4.

Cruz fought before the supreme court in the famous Medellin v. Texas case where he battled the UN, World Court, 90 countries and even George W. Bush to defend American sovereignty and won.

Now tell us how he compares to Rubio or Community Organizer/Senator Obama?

[/quote]You’re right, he’s much more of a lawyer than Obama. I know how much respect people have reserved for lawyers, so Cruz should definitely promote the “I was a life-long lawyer until 4 years ago” thing. It’s like kryptonite for Clinton :yes:

If all she is doing is endorsing, that’s OK. If she is actually assuming a role in his campaign, that worries me and causes me to question his judgement.

Fiorina just went on FOX and ripped that network for broadcasting a full hour of a stump speech by Trump while virtually ignoring Cruz’s strong showing on election night this week. She’s tough and she fits an important demographic - a woman. If you don’t win the presidency you don’t have sh^t. Running a good race, being correct on the issues and coming in second has no value whatsoever.

The difference between someone like Palin and Carly Fiorina is that Fiorina is smart and can make the case without the BS, flamethrower, feel good hyperbole that comes with someone like Palin.

Democrats know what Trump is, that’s why many of them are crossing over to vote for him in those states that allow open primaries.

Trump’s strong point is that he is a strong leader - he is selling leadership against the backdrop of having virtually no leadership in the White House. It is a strong selling point, but . . . But, where will he lead us?

That said, if Trump wins the nomination it will be clear - Republicans either do not really want to elect a conservative for POTUS or they buy the notion that a guy who shares many positions with liberals and was/is the rankest kind of “insider” - buying politicians and personally benefiting from the process - is going to look out for them. Is this what Trump will do if elected POTUS? I don’t know. Can he actually beat Clinton/can Cruz? Who knows.

BTW - if Trump wins Florida and Ohio next Tuesday this entire discussion is totally academic - Trump will almost certainly be the nominee.

Good luck to us all.

With that resume it appears Cruz has a background and a firm understanding of doing things. obama had a history of voting present and letting others do the work just like now. obama has said it has been exhausting being president actually having to work in between partying and goofing off.

:yeahthat: :rofl:

Seriously, why would we want anyone with virtually no executive experience in the oval office when that person is probably the most qualified American to sit on the Supreme Court? Maybe Trump should announce that he will appoint Cruz to take Justice Scalia’s seat. The biggest obstacle might be getting past all his BFFs in the senate.

Ugh. Yet another sorry judgement call on Cruz’s part. I’m beginning to regret my vote more by the day.

A legitimate knock on Cruz is that he often comes across as too stiff. Fiorina tends to soften the image just a bit.

LOL! According to what I just read elsewhere, I’m supposed to look at her as “robotic.” I don’t, but it is in complete contrast to what you just described her as.
I look her as very “hard-looking”, and as a bitch on wheels.

Cruz/Fiorina '16? Could be.

I don’t know why people keep looking toward or at other presidential candidates to be the nominee’s choice for VP. I don’t know when the last time that happened is.

[quote=“old_dog, post:10, topic:48424”]
that person is probably the most qualified American to sit on the Supreme Court? Maybe Trump should announce that he will appoint Cruz to take Justice Scalia’s seat. The biggest obstacle might be getting past all his BFFs in the senate.
[/quote]Yeah, I’d love to see Cruz on the SC. In a lot of ways, I think he’d be more influential that way, than as president.

Not sure and don’t care where you stand politically but you sound like a liberal?

You see, when a liberal makes a ridiculous statement and is called on it along with being raked over the coals with facts … the liberal ‘pretends’ that the answers given were silly and somehow beneath further discussion.

Your statement was:

*Right now, we aren’t talking about Cruz’s lack of experience. Clinton will. Cruz is actually no more experienced than Rubio or Senator Obama was in 2008.

*CWolf

(Clinton will do no such thing … being a suspended lawyer herself!)

And if Clinton really wants to press the ‘experience’ issue … Hillary Hopes You’ve Forgotten - Have You?

You then try to turn my ‘overwhelming’ proof that you didn’t know what you were talking about into something else, something silly by deriding lawyers?

(Again, how is Cruz being a lawyer, Kryptonite for suspended lawyer Hillary?

)

What, my friend is a politician if not a “lawyer”?
Brick layer?

The vast majority of politicians are “lawyers” … always have been, always will be.

No, I don’t believe that all politicians should be lawyers just as I don’t believe that all politicians should be businessmen either!

I haven’t read enough of your posts to know but I’m guessing that you might be a Trump supporter?

Why is it that so many, so called, conservative, constitutionally aware people are willing to risk our nation by putting it into the hands of a braggadocios businessman?

The U.S. is NOT a business!

Running government wholly like a business fuels progressive ends because it rejects the necessary work of compromise, give-and-take in favor of action.

It rejects politics itself in favor of micromanaging virtually every aspect of our lives without our consent.

The Founders left most political questions to be decided on the state level rather than on the national level, where it is much more difficult to forge a consensus.

Instead of putting so much focus on the latest business management philosophy, this country would do much better by getting back to the basics of government, a government by, and for the people.

Ridicule That!

Learned something yesterday. Do you know that, BY GOVERNMENT EDICT, the manufacturers of ceiling fans MUST include a “voltage limiter” in them that will PREVENT you from increasing the wattage of any attached lighting fixtures? The “law” that required that went into effect at the END OF JANUARY 2009! Where did that “authority” come from? We’ve GOT to get someone in the White House (and Congress) who’ll put a stop to this nonsense. That person, to my thinking, is Ted Cruz who seems to be the ONLY candidate who’s actually READ the Constitution and knows it inside and out.

She’s tough. IMHO, we could use someone whose a “bitch on wheels” as VP. It would beat the usual quiet, useless dunderheads in that slot. She has tech contacts/knowledge. Well suited for the cyber war which we are experiencing. What a novel approach - someone other than a “Joe Biden” in the 2nd spot. The downside to her as the VP on the ticket is what she had to do at HP - laying workers off - to ensure the company survived the tech meltdown - it fits into Hillary Clinton’s anti-big business rhetoric.

As for looking to other candidates for VP - look, these people almost NEVER endorse at this point in the campaign for no payback. There is no way Christie jumped in to endorse Trump with nothing in it for himself. May not be VP, but it certainly could be. Kasich - no chance at the nomination, but in a contested convention he could be “kingmaker” should he release his delegates to either Trump or Cruz. IMHO - he is remaining in the race and he will most likely have enough delegates to make a difference. My guess is he wants the VP slot - in the general Ohio is a key state and everyone knows it. Carson and Trump could not be more divergent as candidates - but, Carson is endorsing Trump. He’s obviously going to get something out of it - Trump announced as much. Won’t be VP, but he will be rewarded with a role in the nomination.

Carly Fiorina is a fraud whose employees, including the previous owners and board of directors, regretted hiring. To the point where they paid her to leave.
What’s that tell you?
On top of that, the only reason for ANY of her success was by trading with Iran; then under U.S. sanctions NOT to deal with.

Yep. Just the person I want in the second slot, not only as the head of the Senate, but in line to replace our CIC should something untoward happen. She ought to be in PRISON, not running for president!
Are you NUTS?! Or just horribly uninformed?

As for looking to other candidates for VP - look, these people almost NEVER endorse at this point in the campaign for no payback. There is no way Christie jumped in to endorse Trump with nothing in it for himself. May not be VP, but it certainly could be. Kasich - no chance at the nomination, but in a contested convention he could be “kingmaker” should he release his delegates to either Trump or Cruz. IMHO - he is remaining in the race and he will most likely have enough delegates to make a difference. My guess is he wants the VP slot - in the general Ohio is a key state and everyone knows it. Carson and Trump could not be more divergent as candidates - but, Carson is endorsing Trump. He’s obviously going to get something out of it - Trump announced as much. Won’t be VP, but he will be rewarded with a role in the nomination.

When is the last time a presidential nominee chose a running mate from the list of 'other presidential candidates?'
Never.

2cent - I guess we can’t disagree without one of us calling the other “nuts”? Too bad.

Oh, please. You aren’t THAT sensitive, are you?

C’mon. What about what a destructive force Fiorina was to HP? AND the business the she left that ALSO paid her to leave, she was so destructive to the entire line of their business?
AND the fact that she could also be indicted as a traitor for selling products that were under U.S. sanctions.
Nothing?

You have your version of the “truth”. I’m sure it is based not on a superficial account of events, but rather a thorough knowledge of the inner workings of HP and its corporate structure/boardroom infighting for power that took place while the company was deep in the throws of the incredible challenges threatening to undermine its survival and with taking into account one of the leaders of her boardroom opposition (Tom Perkins) has publicly stated he was wrong in his assessment and in assisting in her firing. Yes, I’m being sarcastic. After being called nuts, I feel better now. LOL

My guess is, the truth about Fiorina lies somewhere between your version and mine.

As for asking if I’m “nuts” - I guess I was not expecting your impersonation of Donald Trump.

You’ll notice that HP did NOT change any of her policies after she left, though, 2cent. Why? Because she SAVED HP from going the way of other tech companies who focused on only ONE aspect of the tech industry and forced them to diversify–which the board that fired her had refused to do. Today, HP is a viable, profitable company BECAUSE of what Fiorina did…certainly NOT in spite of it. You and others have given her a bum rap because she was forced out as CEO. However, HP did NOT go back to their old ways of doing things before her tenure. Enough people owning stock in the company saw that she was right all along and prohibited the board from going back.