The State of the Union is off

Democrats don’t want to give President Trump a platform to blame them for the shutdown so Nancy Pelosi disinvited him to the House chamber for the State of the Union Address. I was shocked at first, because the SOTU address is mandated by the constitution. But it doesn’t actually specify it has to be in the house.

So this is actually superb opportunity. President Trump can turn it into a political rally. Instead of half the chamber sitting on their hands, he could have a whole arena shouting “Build the Wall!” in excitement. I’m watching this one. Poor Nancy.

As I understand it, until President Wilson decided to visit the House and use it as a campaign tool for his bloated government proposals, it had been by letter and read by the clerk because President Jefferson thought it smacked too much of a monarchist proclamation.

It’s a waste of time and money. It’s not like we don’t have the opportunity to listen to these people every day. It’s not like we haven’t heard the cases for and against the wall ad nauseum.

This might indeed work well for Trump. After all of Schumer’s hypocritical and BS references to Trump’s “temper tantrum,” here’s his buddy Pelosi having, uhm, a temper tantrum…

Nancy made her move, and here is President Trump’s response:

Dear Madame Speaker:

Due to the Shutdown, I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan has been postponed. We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over.

In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate. I also feel that, during this period, it would be better if you were in Washington negotiating with me and joining the Strong Border Security movement to end the Shutdown.

Obviously, if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative.

I look forward to seeing you soon and even more forward to watching our open and dangerous Southern Border finally receive the attention, funding, and security it so desperately deserves!

Don’t you just love it?

There is no way that I would ever call her, “poor Nancy.” I have not studied the past Speakers of the House in depth, but I’d be willing to bet that she might rate near the bottom. A couple of them have had to resign over ethics issues in recent decades, but none of them in my memory were so poor at their job. The woman is arrogant and has no respect and probably not no understanding for the art of compromise. She is a lousy legislator. She only knows the methods of demagogues and dictators.

She doesn’t care about anyone in this country except the screaming far left which wants to turn the U.S. into a “Communist welfare recipient and militant LGBT community paradise.” Forget about “the workers” part of the Communist Manifesto. The workers and middle class people don’t count any more so far as Nancy Pelosi is concerned. The only people who count are illegal aliens, welfare clowns, militant LGBT people, the far left Hollywood and entertainment community, ANTIFA, and those who think the world owes them a living because other people have more than they do.

This should come as no surprise. Pelosi comes from a safe, far left Congressional district in San Francisco who will elect her to her seat for life. Some of her constituents don’t think she’s far left enough. It’s a darn shame the country has to be run by a Congress person like that, but that’s the state of the Washington swamp these days.

Here’s Nancy’s attempt at a come back. One wonders what the odds were that she would ever consider flying commercial, especially to Afghanistan.

Now, Trump is being accused of putting lives in danger due to his “leak” of “sensitive travel.”

“After President Trump revoked the use of military aircraft to travel to Afghanistan, the delegation was prepared to fly commercially to proceed with this vital trip to meet with our commanders and troops on the front lines,” tweeted Nancy Pelosi’s Chief of Staff, Drew Hammill, adding “In the middle of the night, State Dept’s Diplomatic Security Service provided an updated threat assessment detailing that the President announcing this sensitive travel had significantly increased danger to the delegation & to troops, security, & other officials supporting trip.”

The President does not need an invitation from Nancy to convene a joint session of Congress:

… he [the President] may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; Article 2, Section 3, U.S. Constitution

Not only was she leaving with a few other Democrats to visit Brussels, Cairo and Afghanistan, there were 86 FAMILY members invited along! That should tell us that this was no “fact-finding” excursion or a “thanks to our troops” trip. It was a taxpayer-funded VACATION for a bunch of Democrat hoo-doos and their spouses and kids.

GASP NO!!! Say it ain’t so!

In a “normal, for-profit corporation” taking your spouse and family members along on a business trip would be called an abuse of power. In the Federal Government such junkets at tax payer expense are “normal.”

With the government shut down, and the process badly in need of a negotiated compromise, you would think that the Democrat Congressional leadership would be too embarrassed to take a week’s vacation while government workers are “suffering.” The truth is these Democrats don’t care about anyone but themselves. They are the worst sort of “public servants” who don’t care about the people they are supposed to represent.

That would require Pelosi to have a sense of shame, which I question.