The Story of Ted Cruz

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hrms1ACMn0

This may be as good a place as any to debunk the “birther” arguments that Trump is now promoting against Cruz:

[LIST=1]
[]Many people are born outside of the U.S. to military personnel;
[
]If the person’s mother is American they are too, no matter where the baby is born;
[]In the 1760’s George Washington fought valiantly for the British and was certainly a British citizen. That status hadn’t changed when he took the oath of office in New York City on April 30, 1789.
[
]All adult Americans were “dual citizens” at the time of the framing of the Constitution, and certainly were at the time of Independence.
[/LIST]

Per the law legal definition of a natural born citizen at the time of his birth, Ted Cruz is a natural born US citizen.

Per the Canadian laws at the time of his birth, he was also a Canadian citizen. He officially renounced his Canadian citizenship.

With respect to citizenships, there are different types of reciprocating agreements between the US and each country. Canada probably has some of the most agreements with the US with respect to dual citizenship. The US seldom recognizes dual citizenship after a person reaches the age of 18.

Some countries have no agreements with the US at all.

Why were the Birthers so relentless in trying to prove that Obama was born in Kenya? The answer is that they thought this would disqualify him from the presidency. Trump never said that Cruz was ineligible, he said that he carried the baggage of of a potential challenge from the left on this issue. Cruz’s mother was a citizen, Obama’s mother was a citizen, McCain’s mother was a citizen; they were all citizens at birth, end of story. Obama was skilled enough to turn the Birthers into a national joke. What would stop the left from actually litigating this matter?

Nothing ever stops the left from doing stupid things.

It is believed that one reason for 0bama sealing his college records was due to his use of foreign status to gain some advantage. As a child, if his father had declared him a citizen of another country, that could have severed his US citizenship. If there is no paper trail to re-instate his US citizenship, that would be a problem. In the event that such a paper trail exists, does natural born US citizenship also get re-instated? I don’t if any legal precedents exist for this.

The other angle is that if 0bama’s US citizenship is completely intact but, he used foreign status to gain access to college, then at minimum, he is guilty of fraud. Why else would he have spent so much money and went to great lengths to seal of college records?

Ted Cruz has not had any such records sealed and has been forthcoming with all related info.

Though the SC hasn’t ruled on the issue previously, I think there is literally NO chance of them overturning a democratic election for what amounts to splitting hairs. It’s not like Cruz was born in Canada and lived there until he was an adult. The entire purpose of the law, was to ensure that we didn’t end up with foreigners(most likely British royalty), coming over here and taking over the country. That doesn’t even remotely describe Cruz’s situation.

I do find it kind of funny that one of the few groups Cruz leads with, are groups where birthers were most common. People who insisted that if Obama was in fact born in Kenya, he was ineligible to be president(though he would have still been eligible even if he had been born in Kenya). It’s ironic to say the least, and tells me just how seriously these people thought being born on foreign soil matters(so long as its their guy).

[quote=“CWolf, post:6, topic:48059”]
Though the SC hasn’t ruled on the issue previously, I think there is literally NO chance of them overturning a democratic election for what amounts to splitting hairs. It’s not like Cruz was born in Canada and lived there until he was an adult. The entire purpose of the law, was to ensure that we didn’t end up with foreigners(most likely British royalty), coming over here and taking over the country. That doesn’t even remotely describe Cruz’s situation.

I do find it kind of funny that one of the few groups Cruz leads with, are groups where birthers were most common. People who insisted that if Obama was in fact born in Kenya, he was ineligible to be president(though he would have still been eligible even if he had been born in Kenya). It’s ironic to say the least, and tells me just how seriously these people thought being born on foreign soil matters(so long as its their guy).
[/quote]No one wants to say this directly but there is a difference between Kenya and Canada. One is a country with which the U.S. had almost nothing other than the English language in common. The other is joined at the hip, with many business and family connections. The latter is why this issue is even coming up. We’re joined at the hip with Canada. Get used to it.

The US has many reciprocating agreements with Canada and immigrations is one of many. We may or may not have reciprocating immigration agreements with Kenya. Even if we do, they are not as likely to be as extensive.