The Superbowl

Man are my Steelers stinking up the joint! To quote that great American Homer Simpson, “I’ve seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked”.

I know it isn’t half time yet and there’s a lot of game left, but 3 int’s already!

I was a bit premature, the half time show is “suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked”

I like the green people…

My daughter was over for a bit and she’s a fan of the Black Eyed Peas, even she said that was the worst show she’s ever seen. She liked the people lights too lol

has anyone won yet

Rodgers is looking frustrated! Except for Big Ben the Steelers are starting to settle in, we may still be in this!

3 - 28 packers in the 4th quarter

All coming down to one final drive. Ugly game but a good finish.

And Green Bay does it.

…and it’s the Packers!

http://blog.beliefnet.com/freshliving/Celebrate_Icon12768.jpg

I think we had a little wager on this one…

Stupid Packers.

What was so ugly about it? I thought this was the most gentlemanly Super Bowl game I’ve ever watched! Gentlemanly meaning, “mutual respect”. Not near as much hate seething from any player toward the oppoing team as I’ve seen in the past.
AND, most exciting! How many Super Bowls have come THAT close?! And lawzy, if I didn’t think I’d puke and cry when Steelers pulled off that 2 pt. conversion! Ack! 'Bout give me a heart attack!
I didn’t think the ‘personal foul’ called on the Packers was right, though, when, (oh swell, now I forget who was tackling whom, & not even which quarter!), but a Packer grabbed a Steeler’s upper shirt front, and his hand, yes, did slip up to the Steeler’s chin, but it was definately NOT an intentional ‘face mask’. Did agree with later, unneccessary roughness that got called on them, tho.
All in all, I’m a happy camper 'cuz I bet on the PACKERS!!!
YAY!!!

It was ugly because the Steelers couldn’t hold onto the ball. The Packers receivers couldn’t catch the ball. Neither running game developed. Both defenses are supposed to be swarming, take no prisoners and they both were flat. It was an ugly close game, a lot of rookie mistakes on both sides. Not sour grapes, just stating the facts Ma’am.

Ahh, you do have a point there. There WERE sloppy, SLOPPY mistakes made; especially on the receiving end. I chalked it off to S.B. jitters. I don’t suppose I should have. I hate it when that happens anyway. JUST PLAY THE GAME, DARN IT!
But, if you don’t mind my saying so, you’re contradicting yourself. If a team can’t get a running game going, that’s because the defense IS doing it’s job. Eh? (Packers sure seemed competant at stopping Mendenahll, no? :wink:)
{Let me interject here. There was a time, the 80’s, when I knew every team member’s name, position, and jersey number. Remenber John Madden’s, “You make the call?” I got it right at least 99.9% of the time. THAT’S how much I loved the game. Lost interest in the 90’s. Just NOW starting to get back into it. So, please forgive my weaknesses? There’s so many new rules I never heard of; many of which leave me baffled.}

Here’s a rule I never did go along with:
A receiver catches the ball on his own 39 yard line.
He gets tackled, with knee never touching the ground, and pushed back to the 36 yard line, where he finally does fall.
But the ball is called on the 39 yard line.
In my mind, that gives the defense no credit for his/their action in the play, and the ball ought to be called where it landed; on the 36 yard line.

I think the Packers rushed a grand total of 12 times, counting the 2 kneel downs at the end. Very unlike them. Mendenahll never really got going, 60 yards I think, because Ben couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn yesterday. I don’t think it’s so much the Packers stopped him that much it was the Steelers self destructing. Dropped and overthrown passes, Mendenahll’s rare fumble ect.

Oops. 1/4 after better get to work. I’ll finish later. Lets just say in my opinion both teams were as good as the Anthem and half time. With the Packers being Usher, just didn’t suck quite as bad lol.

Steelers fan, eh? :wink: Just how much DID you lose? LOL

Not a dime! I’m a fan but the teams were to closely matched to toss money away on either one. I’ve bet against the Steelers plenty of times lol.

[QUOTE=tperkins2009;426482

]I think the Packers rushed a grand total of 12 times, counting the 2 kneel downs at the end. Very unlike them.

Yeah,but they were playing the No.1 ranked rushing defense. You must be prepared to run, to keep the Linebackers frozen a split second, on “run” plays. You have Aaron Rogers, one of the best arms in football, so you gotta trust his arm to carry the team.

Mendenahll never really got going, 60 yards I think, because Ben couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn yesterday. I don’t think it’s so much the Packers stopped him that much it was the Steelers self destructing. Dropped and overthrown passes, Mendenahll’s rare fumble ect.

Packers Defensive line won the trench battle.

Oops. 1/4 after better get to work. I’ll finish later. Lets just say in my opinion both teams were as good as the Anthem and half time. With the Packers being Usher, just didn’t suck quite as bad lol.
Wasn’t the greatest effort, I’ll agree,but at least, it wasn’t a blowout.