The truth about infection rates, lockdowns, Sweden and COVID long term

Still, this “pandemic” is about as “deadly” as a bee-sting. For a few, especially vulnerable individuals, it is, but for the vast majority of us, it’s no worse than a bad cold.

1 Like

That “bee-sting” has killed 1.6 million people globally.

So have actual bee stings.

Not in less than one year they haven’t.

So what? Just because it’s taken actual bee stings longer to kill that many people than the virus doesn’t mean that they two instances aren’t similar in virulence. There aren’t as many bees in the WORLD than there are examples of this virus in a shot glass.

Total US Deaths 2018 2.83 million

Total US Deaths 2019 2.84 million

Total US Deaths 2020 as of December 4th 2.65 million

1 Like

Source?

1 Like

This covid thing is great.

Now we have millions of simpletons screaming whenever they see someone with their mask fallen below their nose. At my job it’s over the top. This entire scenario has been hijacked by lefties to become some anti-Trump crusade. I’m an insensitive jerk, but I believe it should be an option for life to go on as normal for people who are not afraid of getting the C. If you don’t wear your mask, and you don’t isolate yourself and you die then you are to blame.

Forcing people to abide by our new covid society restrictions is just another tool of democrats to get us ready for full blown communism. You have no rights and it’s for the greater good. And if you don’t like the new corona planet, it’s all Trump’s fault anyways be angry with him.

But the best part, is how peaceful protesting is totally let off the hook. If you don’t want to wear a mask while throwing a brick through that store window, then you don’t have to. Want to burn down a city because reasons? No problem, and no mask for you, you modern day crusader. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hogwash. Yeah, there are liberal governors using the pandemic as an excuse for demagoguery, and I imagine some of the numbers have been padded. But I get my news from a conservative source (Christian radio), and they haven’t cited medical expert one who claims this pandemic is a nothing-burger.

Something to think about: “If masks work, why is it necessary to shut down businesses? If they DON’T work, then why force people to wear them?”

That’s like asking, if people still die in car accidents, why do people wear seatbelts?

Because seatbelts are a prevention measure not a panacea. Masks decrease spread, they don’t eliminate it.

Shutdowns, masks, hand washing and social distancing was never about eliminating COVID, it was always about slowing the spread so that health care resources weren’t over-run before a vaccine were developed. We’ve seen in ED all over the country are filled to capacity or more. We’ve seen elective surgeries postponed because hospital staff were running short. Letting the virus run it’s course without any prevention measures is the best way to ensure that people die unnecessarily.

1 Like

And yet, you just admitted that wearing masks and social distancing are NOT “prevention measures.”

Can you quote that? because that’s not what I said…

The only times I use the word "prevention measure/s:

seatbelts are a “prevention measure”

and I said:

Letting the virus run its course without any prevention measures is the best way to ensure that people die unnecessarily."

What I said was:

Shutdowns, masks, hand washing and social distancing was never about eliminating COVID, it was always about slowing the spread so that health care resources weren’t over-run before a vaccine were developed

1 Like

If they don’t eliminate the spread then they aren’t “prevention measures.”

They are here to remind us of how Trump is the reason for all of our woes. :smiley:

1 Like

Perhaps you’ve heard the term “crime prevention”? Locking your doors helps prevent crime, it doesn’t mean all crime or in every instance.

1 Like

No locking your doors does NOT “prevent crime.” Are you REALLY that ignorant of why crime occurs?

I’ve heard it occurs because trump said something that hurt someone’s feelings

1 Like

Really? Why do you think people lock their car doors? To prevent theft (of their car or the things in it) maybe? Of the people that have something stolen out of their cars, what percentage do you suppose didn’t lock their doors?

I suppose you leave your car doors unlocked when you go out, right?

I can unlock a car door faster than you can with a key! What the HELL are you babbling about? I often leave my car doors unlocked. They are unlocked right this minute, in fact.